2024 DE Lawal "LJ" McCray, Mainland HS

Advertisement
He didn’t get any at Oregon so it wasn’t going to change here.

I never understood why LJ wasn’t a priority. He’s from FTL. If there was ever a blue chipper that would want to be here then it would be him.

It's hard to say based on how recruiting goes but if I had a nickel for everytime I heard the phrase "he's at the top of Miami's board" this recruiting cycle, I'd have a buck. I think I heard that for 3 different dudes during this cycle, including Mccray, iirc.

It's hard to say based on how recruiting goes but if I had a nickel for everytime I heard the phrase "he's at the top of Miami's board" this recruiting cycle, I'd have a buck. I think I heard that for 3 different dudes during this cycle, including Mccray, iirc.
I mean if they mean top 6 on the board then yes but when I’m talking priority I’m talking the top 2-3 guys. He’s from FTL. He’s a perfect fit in this D yet we swung and missed on 5 guys before really pursuing him. That’s the mistake.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Out-recruited by Mike Norvell…I’ve seen it all.

Try winning on the field Mario. It’ll make your life easier, trust me.

Jamari Howard is another massive whiff we don’t talk about enough. Certified speed at DB and someone taller than 6 feet, but it’s ok - our current room is more than fine!

Unbelievable

But but but, Mario is the best recruiter in the world and will keep all the Top talent home

Dude is getting bent over by corny Mike Norvell, and getting crushed by Oh St and Oklahoma

Unbelievable

But but but, Mario is the best recruiter in the world and will keep all the Top talent home

Dude is getting bent over by corny Mike Norvell, and getting crushed by Oh St and Oklahoma

you guys act like no one else has money or history.

And make no mistake Money and NFL Development are the top reasons kids choose programs. Not which coach called and texted them most often.

Big time DT's are alway going to be tough for Miami in today college landscape.

We've sucked for nearly 20 years these other schools have not. Most war daddy DT's are not located in South Florida. They are located in Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, Texas, Central or Northern Florida, maybe Midwest or in the North.

All the schools want them, and those schools have as much or more resources, and are usually located closer to recruits.

Advertisement
I mean if they mean top 6 on the board then yes but when I’m talking priority I’m talking the top 2-3 guys. He’s from FTL. He’s a perfect fit in this D yet we swung and missed on 5 guys before really pursuing him. That’s the mistake.
Yup that was a bad strat

We've sucked for nearly 20 years these other schools have not. Most war daddy DT's are not located in South Florida. They are located in Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, Texas, Central or Northern Florida, maybe Midwest or in the North.

All the schools want them, and those schools have as much or more resources, and are usually located closer to recruits.
Yea the OOS DTs seem better than the ones in sfla in recent memory. Notice most DLs that are good in the nfl have a bama or uga kid on it

Mario recruiting DT is getting like Rumph recruiting Heritage…

Can we get Cormani to send Mario’s lucky loafer to the portal?

Advertisement
Every DT to Mario and Big Joe. It is known.

peter dinklage middle finger GIF

I guess we can include speedy CBs too

Out-recruited by Mike Norvell…I’ve seen it all.

Try winning on the field Mario. It’ll make your life easier, trust me.

Jamari Howard is another massive whiff we don’t talk about enough. Certified speed at DB and someone taller than 6 feet, but it’s ok - our current room is more than fine!

A couple of the more respected local posters on this board have said that this kid is rated too highly…That he is overestimating his wroth looking for a bag, and one even said his senior season has been so so.

Advertisement
A couple of the more respected local posters on this board have said that this kid is rated too highly…That he is overestimating his wroth looking for a bag, and one even said his senior season has been so so.

He's got one of the more wild splits I've ever seen, honestly.

I think on3 has him a Top 10 player and Rivals has him like 200th. It's crazy.

Before or after it was established, he wasn't coming?

Let's assess at the end of the season. No doubt things are trending the wrong way but I remember Richt going 4-0, 0-4, then 5-0 to finish the season.

FSU just lost 3 in a row last season and was sitting at 4-3. Two of those loses came against 7-5 and 8-4 teams and one of those losses the opponent completed 11 passes in the entire game. They then went on to beat teams with the following records:

5-7
5-7
7-5
6-6 G5 team
6-6
6-6 bowl game

4 blowouts, 2 nailbiter 1 score games.

Perception changed for both teams quickly and recruiting picked up.

Hard to say there was any reason for optimism in both examples at the midway point of the season. Let's see how this team finishes.

If they turn it around Mario can recruit better than both HCs in the example.
This was Norvell's 3rd season after winning a total of 8 games his first 2.
He also had (3) previous recruiting classes in the 20's.

Advertisement
Back