2024 DE Lawal "LJ" McCray, Mainland HS

Advertisement
What did TJ do or say? Even FSU fans hate him because they say he's a racist.
He is the biggest tool on twitter. Can't stand that dude. He looks like a complete dork too...here's his poll just posted a bit ago
Screenshot_20231016_195107_X.jpg

Advertisement
Soo wtf is Joe here for
If we start any sort of Islander pipeline (which I think we all want), it will be because of him. He's likely also more involved in general with West Coast recruiting.
But other guys he's landed for us: Armondo Blount, Both Mauigoas, Jayden Wayne, Artavius Jones, Ahmad Moten, and Daylen Russell.

Guys Salave'a has been recruiting "by himself" or with non Jason Taylor this class:
Artavius Jones, LJ McCray, Jayden Jackson, Francis Brewu, Daylen Russell, Jericho Johnson, Alvin PueFua,

Guys he's been recruiting WITH Taylor this class:
Justin Scott, Aydin Breland, Kendall Jackson, TJ Lindsey,

Guys Taylor has been recruiting by himself or with non Salave'a:
Marquise Lightfoot, David Stone, Kamarion Franklin, Dylan Stewart, Collin Simmons, Elias Rudolph, Booker Pickett Jr,

Unknown: Sterling Dixon, Brandon Davis-Swain, Tyreek'e Robinson, Elijah Kinsler,

If we start any sort of Islander pipeline (which I think we all want), it will be because of him. He's likely also more involved in general with West Coast recruiting.
But other guys he's landed for us: Armondo Blount, Both Mauigoas, Jayden Wayne, Artavius Jones, Ahmad Moten, and Daylen Russell.

Guys Salave'a has been recruiting "by himself" or with non Jason Taylor this class:
Artavius Jones, LJ McCray, Jayden Jackson, Francis Brewu, Daylen Russell, Jericho Johnson, Alvin PueFua,

Guys he's been recruiting WITH Taylor this class:
Justin Scott, Aydin Breland, Kendall Jackson, TJ Lindsey,

Guys Taylor has been recruiting by himself or with non Salave'a:
Marquise Lightfoot, David Stone, Kamarion Franklin, Dylan Stewart, Collin Simmons, Elias Rudolph, Booker Pickett Jr,

Unknown: Sterling Dixon, Brandon Davis-Swain, Tyreek'e Robinson, Elijah Kinsler,
It’s been the best since the Butch era but they all young but super talented. It’s still isn’t where we need it to be. It’s improved though next season a lot though. Should be a better DL especially with Horton (dog) and Moten……Lightfoot Wayne Bain…..I just realized we got Wayne and Bain….we have a DC we just need the joker

It’s been the best since the Butch era but they all young but super talented. It’s still isn’t where we need it to be. It’s improved though next season a lot though. Should be a better DL especially with Horton (dog) and Moten……Lightfoot Wayne Bain…..I just realized we got Wayne and Bain….we have a DC we just need the joker
Wayne is playing more. people compared him to chantz but thats a joke. Also, notice the young kids make less mental mistakes and celebrate less than are upperclassmen. we just need more depth

Advertisement
Wayne is playing more. people compared him to chantz but thats a joke. Also, notice the young kids make less mental mistakes and celebrate less than are upperclassmen. we just need more depth
Wayne already is way more physical than Chantz…..it’s not even close. He ain’t some 1 round DE or speed rusher but I rather have those type of DEs than those lanky speed rushers that aren’t physical. Give me the Dallas turners and Rueben bains of the world. If Mario were here earlier may have had a Turner. Those are what separates big boy from the flock. There DL gets there hands on you and rag doll you…….Bain is that man Lightfoot is that as well and Blount.

Wiltdong says FSU team to beat for McCray and Jamari Howard.

Out-recruited by Mike Norvell…I’ve seen it all.

Try winning on the field Mario. It’ll make your life easier, trust me.

Jamari Howard is another massive whiff we don’t talk about enough. Certified speed at DB and someone taller than 6 feet, but it’s ok - our current room is more than fine!

Out-recruited by Mike Norvell…I’ve seen it all.

Try winning on the field Mario. It’ll make your life easier, trust me.

Jamari Howard is another massive whiff we don’t talk about enough. Certified speed at DB and someone taller than 6 feet, but it’s ok - our current room is more than fine!
Maybe if we can get AI to put a Miami Gardens Ravens jersey on Howard, we’d try there.

Advertisement
Maybe if we can get AI to put a Miami Gardens Ravens jersey on Howard, we’d try there.
Look I get I’m oozing negativity and probably irking the mega slurpers on here, but this rebuild doesn’t need to take five years. Miami is not unique to UF or Oklahoma or FSU, Tennessee, Washington, Louisville, Kansas, etc who have experienced a surge in winning in a relatively short turnaround.

It’s brainwashing and favoritism if you think Mario deserves half a decade to turn this thing around. With the portal a viable option and a competitive NIL structure, it should take no less than three years to flip this thing into a 9 game+ winning program year in and out. I mean surely most people here predicted it in 2022, and again in 2023…but now we’re moving goal posts again because we WANT Mario to succeed.

We are trending in the wrong direction both on and off the field. 18 months and three ACC wins out of ten games to show for it. Two program-defining embarrassments in back-to-back years with Midd Tenn and GT. UNC could have been a massive turning point - now Clemson is going to be a season defining (and maybe tenure-defining as well) bullet point in this rollercoaster of a journey.

This, so far, is easily worse than Manny, Golden or Shannon when you consider the expectations and financial resources poured in. And that’s pathetic. Luckily, his tenure won’t be defined in 18 months either, and he has a chance to recruit his tail off and win games to turn the perception around. But it needs to turn around pretty darn quickly and re-instill some faith in the fanbase that he knows what the f he’s doing.

Last edited:
Look I get I’m oozing negativity and probably irking the mega slurpers on here, but this rebuild doesn’t need to take five years. Miami is not unique to UF or Oklahoma or FSU, Tennessee, Washington, Louisville, Kansas, etc who have experienced a surge in winning in a relatively short turnaround.

It’s brainwashing and favoritism if you think Mario deserves half a decade to turn this thing around. With the portal a viable option and a competitive NIL structure, it should take no less than three years to flip this thing into a 9 game+ winning program year in and out. I mean surely most people here predicted it in 2022, and again in 2023…but now we’re moving goal posts again because we WANT Mario to succeed.

We are trending in the wrong direction both on and off the field. 18 months and three ACC wins out of 10 to show for it. Two program-defining embarrassments in back-to-back years with Midd Tenn and GT. UNC could have been a massive turning point - now Clemson is going to be a season defining (and maybe tenure-defining as well) bullet point in this rollercoaster of a journey.
the long rebuild just isnt true anymore. you cant turn it around overnight (well i guess washington can (good w peterson, bad w his protege, hired the former Indiana OC and Former Fresno State Coach and won 11 in year 1 and a top 5 team in year 2)), but you can win (richt won 9 in his first season here w goldens guys). no one is expecting a title tomorrow which is the argument i have seen thrown out there. no one ever said that, but we still have more talent than a lot of the crap we play and we expected a better coached product through 18 games w a better coach than the previous guy.

were about half way through the year and the product is better than last year (how much will be determined by the conference schedule), but the schedule was soft to eat up on wins (which we lost one of those gimmes last year so ill give them their due on that). the offense is def better so good on mario for finding the better guy to run the O, however, i see a lot of shift in our approach since conference play started. maybe its bc it was a step up in coachign and comp (Gtech is trash but UNC isnt). im not particularly confident w the clemson game bc their D is good and theyre usually well coached and our O has struggled and has been exposed to an extent unless we completely shift our philosophy (running the ball isnt working on a team w even half a pulse). speed up the tempo and get tvd into a rhythm and let him cook. its our only shot at winning bc you arent winning this year playing methodical football. theres also a time and place for that, as well. you can be methodical when youre trying to burn clock to ice a game away. you cant be methodical when youre down 21 points in the fourth and trying to come back.

there is apathy growing w the canes amongst fans. even the games i cant make, i cant even give tickets away bc no one cares. theyre free tickets and no one wants them.

the long rebuild just isnt true anymore. you cant turn it around overnight (well i guess washington can (good w peterson, bad w his protege, hired the former Indiana OC and Former Fresno State Coach and won 11 in year 1 and a top 5 team in year 2)), but you can win (richt won 9 in his first season here w goldens guys). no one is expecting a title tomorrow which is the argument i have seen thrown out there. no one ever said that, but we still have more talent than a lot of the crap we play and we expected a better coached product through 18 games w a better coach than the previous guy.

were about half way through the year and the product is better than last year (how much will be determined by the conference schedule), but the schedule was soft to eat up on wins (which we lost one of those gimmes last year so ill give them their due on that). the offense is def better so good on mario for finding the better guy to run the O, however, i see a lot of shift in our approach since conference play started. maybe its bc it was a step up in coachign and comp (Gtech is trash but UNC isnt). im not particularly confident w the clemson game bc their D is good and theyre usually well coached and our O has struggled and has been exposed to an extent unless we completely shift our philosophy (running the ball isnt working on a team w even half a pulse). speed up the tempo and get tvd into a rhythm and let him cook. its our only shot at winning bc you arent winning this year playing methodical football. theres also a time and place for that, as well. you can be methodical when youre trying to burn clock to ice a game away. you cant be methodical when youre down 21 points in the fourth and trying to come back.

there is apathy growing w the canes amongst fans. even the games i cant make, i cant even give tickets away bc no one cares. theyre free tickets and no one wants them.
I have zero faith against Clemson. It’s wild how fast perception can change, because after A&M I thought yup, we’re finally beating Dabo’s a$$.

We can’t run the ball (haven’t eclipsed 3.5ypc against any P5 opponents), and we couldn’t stop UNC’s running game. Clemson is much better than UNC in the trenches and have better RBs. They also have a pretty good secondary.

Stadium will be 40k max. Could easily see the team quitting on Mario after the UNC game (indirectly due to GT as well). I don’t see us pulling it out unless we force numerous turnovers and we get the A&M TVD.

Advertisement

We are trending in the wrong direction both on and off the field. 18 months and three ACC wins out of ten games to show for it. Two program-defining embarrassments in back-to-back years with Midd Tenn and GT. UNC could have been a massive turning point - now Clemson is going to be a season defining (and maybe tenure-defining as well) bullet point in this rollercoaster of a journey.

This, so far, is easily worse than Manny, Golden or Shannon when you consider the expectations and financial resources poured in. And that’s pathetic. Luckily, his tenure won’t be defined in 18 months either, and he has a chance to recruit his tail off and win games to turn the perception around. But it needs to turn around pretty darn quickly and re-instill some faith in the fanbase that he knows what the f he’s doing.
SEC
Money
Evals
Zo
We got guys higher on the board
FSU desperate
Not gonna overpay
Once we win he will flip
Recruitment not over
I think I covered everything nothing to see here.

Let's assess at the end of the season. No doubt things are trending the wrong way but I remember Richt going 4-0, 0-4, then 5-0 to finish the season.

FSU just lost 3 in a row last season and was sitting at 4-3. Two of those loses came against 7-5 and 8-4 teams and one of those losses the opponent completed 11 passes in the entire game. They then went on to beat teams with the following records:

5-7
5-7
7-5
6-6 G5 team
6-6
6-6 bowl game

4 blowouts, 2 nailbiter 1 score games.

Perception changed for both teams quickly and recruiting picked up.

Hard to say there was any reason for optimism in both examples at the midway point of the season. Let's see how this team finishes.

If they turn it around Mario can recruit better than both HCs in the example.

I didn’t know this **** flew over my head that’s a good catch by you. I feel like Mario is doing the DT heavy lifting and he ain’t getting any help there.
imo, mario is good enough as a recruiter to handle a non recruiter on his staff, but that non recruiter better be a great teacher and developer of talent esp if you aren't landing 5 star specimens. if Joe were pumping three star DL into the draft (Pittsburgh anyone) and developing them in college then Im good w that.

Advertisement
Back