2023 DE Jayden Wayne (Commits to the Canes!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
U think Mario is behind getting some of the out of state diapers to go to IMG closer to recruit them and get a feel for Florida?

Advertisement
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF by The Taboo Group

Advertisement
As you guys know I’ve said many times one my last wishes is to see the Canes elite again before the man upstairs calls me home.Up until this year I had pretty much given up on ever seeing that again.

With what Mario and this band of bandits is doing has given me hope that my wish may actually come true. Since Mario was hired I’ve started to feel like the U is actually back and the rest of CFB might need to be worried like they were 20+ years ago.

My biggest hope now is after doing all this we don’t get caught holding our nuts when this musical chairs of team shuffling is done.Rad gives me hope he won’t allow us to be screwed but after seeing the corner Swafford painted the ACC into I just hope we can get out.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏Here’s praying we can .
Literally 0.00% that both the Big 10 (dumb name) and SEC do not want to desperately add UM athletics, academics and the MIAMI TV MARKET to their conference. Miami and ND are the 2 schools that both conferences will trip over themselves to add. All of this conference realignment is being driven by TV and ND and Miami bring a ton of viewers and more than any other school not currently in the Big 10 or SEC.
The issue for UM will not be whether we have a spot, but rather which conference offers the best deal and fit and all the other stuff that our AD and athletic people will figure out.
don’t forget that our basketball team just had a nice run and looks good to go for the next few years as well

Are we stacked on TE? Do any of these recruits want to play other positions?

Advertisement
Literally 0.00% that both the Big 10 (dumb name) and SEC do not want to desperately add UM athletics, academics and the MIAMI TV MARKET to their conference. Miami and ND are the 2 schools that both conferences will trip over themselves to add. All of this conference realignment is being driven by TV and ND and Miami bring a ton of viewers and more than any other school not currently in the Big 10 or SEC.
The issue for UM will not be whether we have a spot, but rather which conference offers the best deal and fit and all the other stuff that our AD and athletic people will figure out.
don’t forget that our basketball team just had a nice run and looks good to go for the next few years as well
I really don’t think the college football world sees what is happening down here in Miami. So let them sleep and then for the next twenty years regret they had not wanted Miami in their conference. Jaden Wayne a 5 star has all crystal balls for Miami enough said👍❤️

Animal House GIF

"Sorry."

Last edited:
We are gonna push for the elite 300 point mark on the 247 composite this cycle
That would’ve been a top 5 class last cycle. I say we’ll be at around 315, which would’ve been pushing top 3 in the nation in that class of ‘22.

Here’s the thing: Mario is just different. He’s hyper focused, he’s back home, and he’s coaching at the place where he won championships at. No one else in his position was ever gonna put in more work than him. ESPECIALLY when it came to recruiting. And he’s got a whole gang of snipers with him on staff executing his vision, with all the backing and support from an elite AD and a billionaire booster who’s the brains behind arguably the most comprehensive and quality NIL system in college athletics.

He’s turning us into a force to be reckoned with on the trail in such a short span of time, imagine what things will look like 5 years down the road. That talent will dominate in some of the biggest games on the biggest stages. We are that sleeping giant waking from its slumber. Things are gonna get fun around here y’all!!

Last edited:
That would’ve been a top 5 class last cycle. I say we’ll be at around 315, which would’ve been pushing top 3 in the nation in that class of ‘22.

Here’s the thing: Mario is just different. He’s hyper focused, he’s back home, and he’s coaching at the place where he won championships at. No one else in his position was ever gonna put in more work than him. ESPECIALLY when it came to recruiting. And he’s got a whole gang of snipers with him on staff executing his vision, with all the backing and support from an elite AD and a billionaire booster who’s the brains behind arguably the most comprehensive and quality NIL system in college athletics.

He’s turning us into a force to be reckoned with on the trail in such a short span of time, imagine what things will look like 5 years down the road. That talent will dominate in some of the biggest games We are that sleeping giant waking from its slumber. Things are gonna get fun around here y’all!!
315? I mean… would be great but I don’t know about that.

Advertisement
Yeah...we'd have to hit on all of our top targets. I played around with the 247 calculator adding the top targets (Okunlola, Francis, M'Pemba, Joenel, Freeling, Bryant, Wayne, Aguirre, etc) and it came out to 312 with 25 players committed. That Texas A&M class was ridiculous!

Advertisement
Yeah...we'd have to hit on all of our top targets. I played around with the 247 calculator adding the top targets (Okunlola, Francis, M'Pemba, Joenel, Freeling, Bryant, Wayne, Aguirre, etc) and it came out to 312 with 25 players committed. That Texas A&M class was ridiculous!
Think we will end up with 28ish this class. Mario gonna flip the roster in two cycles.

At this rate, I’m of the impression that anything is possible with Mario. We’re potentially looking at multiple 5 stars committing before we’ve even played a game. And if we have a great season (9-10 win regular season, play in the ACC title game, snag a bowl win) and generate even more excitement, this bump class is going to be something we never expected imo.

I know I’m riding this wave of optimism like everyone else, and how can’t you with all the momentum we’re building. But things are just different this time. I think it can be a legit possibility. We will certainly find out and I for one can’t wait!

He’s turning us into a force to be reckoned with on the trail in such a short span of time, imagine what things will look like 5 years down the road. That talent will dominate in some of the biggest games We are that sleeping giant waking from its slumber. Things are gonna get fun around here y’all!!

Because of the elimination of the 25 per class cap, classes are going to be much bigger and the scores are going to be much higher for 2023 IMO. So a 300 score that might have gotten you into the top 4 last year might only get you 10th this year (just an example). Won't be apples to apples, so I don't think we can use the usual projection this time around.

Because of the elimination of the 25 per class cap, classes are going to be much bigger and the scores are going to be much higher for 2023 IMO. So a 300 score that might have gotten you into the top 4 last year might only get you 10th this year (just an example). Won't be apples to apples, so I don't think we can use the usual projection this time around.
Agreed. With no IC’s to stop teams there are going to be some big classes amongst the top teams I believe as well. If we land in the Top 10 (thinking @8th) then that’s a massive improvement over previous classes, especially with the talent quality and quantity across the board Mario is assembling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back