2023 DE Jayden Wayne (Commits to the Canes!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Article from the morning, before Francis' announcement

2. Miami has emerged as the clear front-runner for five-star DE Jayden Wayne.​

Jayden Wayne

Jayden Wayne (Rivals.com)
Gorney’s take: FACT. For months,
Jayden Wayne was telling me he loved the SEC and was drawn to play at those schools whether it was Alabama, Georgia or LSU. Then Oregon really emerged as a serious contender especially with coach Dan Lanning, assistant Tosh Lupoi and others running his recruitment as well. But then he took those visits to Miami, rekindled his relationship with coach Mario Cristobal,who Wayne knew from his days at Oregon, and the Hurricanes now look like the team to beat. Wayne announces he’ll play his senior season in Florida and then announces he’s ready to commit? The Hurricanes look good.

Tucker’s take: FACT. Wayne has made the trip to Miami from the West Coast twice in the last six months. Transferring to Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy proves that distance isn’t an issue for the Washington native, either. The commitment of
Jaden Rashada and
Riley Williams proves coach MarioCristobal still has a presence on that side of the country and Miami has been on a roll the past two weeks securing pledges from four four-star prospects. Wayne should be the next domino to fall.

lebron-james-game6.gif

Normally I would be too, but he’s Mario’s #1 target on Defense, I think it will go down to the wire with us, UGA & USC.

I think the biggest comp will be USC, with their White-Hot recruiting momentum, but I think Mario & Salavea’a can sell him on the success they had with Kayvon Thibodeaux & how they were able to get Cyrus Moss to Miami as well.

I actually think we get him, mainly because if Mario was still at Oregon I think he’d wrap this kid up with ease, so the fact he’s Tacoma kid with minimal interest in Oregon or UW lets me know he’s not just trying to stay close to home. He wants to go to a program that will develop him & get him drafted in the 1st round & Miami can always sell Rousseau & Phillips success as the caveat to equal the playing field for any high ranked DE we recruit, (Shemar notwithstanding) lol.
Called it back in February...

🙌🏽✅💯

Advertisement
Advertisement
On3 is a worthless piece of garbage website. Fact is, they agreed with Ferminator. Fact is, they downplayed Jayden and dropped him to a 4 star..don’t waste your time or money on that POS recruiting business.

Advertisement
Feels good to be on top, cant wait to body dudes in a few years. I want a 50-0 vs FSU in a couple years
You’re too nice, brother. I want 77-0, and to hold them to less than 150 yds. of total offense. I still remember all of the trash that they talked during the Jimbob years, and how they injured Duke with a dirty *** hit. Payback’s a byotch.

They’ve been talking mad **** these past few months about their miracle win last season. They seem to have forgotten that Mandy isn’t here anymore, and that we about to own them for the next couple of decades. They also forgot the absolute beat down that we administered with Miaz at the helm the year before, and also the 5 game losing streak to us.

Mario will have no mercy on them like Miaz and Clappy did during their terms here. Mario is going for the jugular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back