2023 DE Jayden Wayne (Commits to the Canes!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1656528207500.gif

Advertisement
Just like Emory Williams has dropped after every recent commit despite excelling at Elite 11 Finals. He was ranked in low 900s and he is now ranked 926.
his composite rating has gone up & his 247 rating hasnt changed. they also won't make any changes until after the Elite 11 is complete...

Advertisement
He aint committed yet, fingers and toes crossed though. I hope we can pop some really big ones to help with guys like Cormani and Freeling who probably go the distance
Agree. Far from over but this definitely looks like a "Win and look competitive and i'm signing on the dotted line" type situation. No more silly losses to UVA and FSU this season and we will be writing our own ticket with many of these elite kids.

Advertisement
Imagine being them and the #1 player in both OR and WA both leave to go to Miami lol. I’d be sick.
I stated before I hoped to steal one elite recruit per year from the West Coast. If this really happens, I may need to adjust my goals to 2-4 per year from the west coast which is roughly what Mario was able to grab from the East coast when he was in Oregon.

It's something completely different, Miami versus Washington and the Pacific NW.

If I was picking a state, I'd pick Washington ahead of Florida. I grew up in SFL and I think a lot of us are drawn to something different from what we're used to.

Having half a lifetime of experience and traveling many places here and abroad, I certainly prefer seasons. I love mountains. The coastal areas in the NW are different, but breathtaking.

Either way, he sounds like someone that's really bonded with Mario and the staff he brought with him. Trust is such a key component in recruiting.

Hope we land him.
I agree with you on seasons and mountains, but I actually think most people are attracted to what they grew up with.

I am from DC, went to Miami and then moved back to DC. I enjoyed my time at Miami, but could never live there with one of the reasons being seasons. Conversely, I had several friends from FL who went to Miami that ended up in DC after and then went back to FL. Obviously there are other factors at play (friends, family), but anecdotally my experience is people like the weather they grew up with (unless they grew up Siberia or something).

Advertisement
Advertisement
I agree with you on seasons and mountains, but I actually think most people are attracted to what they grew up with.

I am from DC, went to Miami and then moved back to DC. I enjoyed my time at Miami, but could never live there with one of the reasons being seasons. Conversely, I had several friends from FL who went to Miami that ended up in DC after and then went back to FL. Obviously there are other factors at play (friends, family), but anecdotally my experience is people like the weather they grew up with (unless they grew up Siberia or something).
I grew up in Miami and went to school in DC and stayed in DC for many years. Didn’t want to go back to Florida

You wait till the very last day to the last minute for a freak like Harbor. He has a spot no matter what, you take Howard’s commitment and keep deep sea fishing.
Harbor wants to run track. So maybe DE is out the question because the need of weight gain. So he is being looked at by some as a WR who runs all deep routes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back