2023 DE DeeJay Holmes

At this point does he have an offer from UM? Are there any other kids on that team that UM is looking at?

Advertisement
He actually plays well in space. He doesn't look 6'3. I'd actually test him at MLB knowing he can shed blockers, get downhill, yet still plays ok in space.

Idk how controversial this will be but as an edge rusher…l like this kid over malik bryant

Advertisement
Do you think Bryant plays Edge at Miami? I see more of a LB than an Edge guy... he plays in space a ton more than Holmes and doesn't have his hand down from what I've seen. Holmes plays with a hand down most downs.
He’s being recruited as a Mike.

I'd take Bryant over Holmes at MLB and Holmes over Bryant at DE. I don't think either is a P5 DE. Both would be tweeners.
They may not be DE’s. But they both could be 3/4 Outside Backers. Malik is being recruited to play that Sewell role. They want size at the Mike.

Do you think Bryant plays Edge at Miami? I see more of a LB than an Edge guy... he plays in space a ton more than Holmes and doesn't have his hand down from what I've seen. Holmes plays with a hand down most downs.
I see Bryant with similar ability and potential style long-term to a Dant'a Hightower. Line up in the middle, play down hill with the option blitz and/or edge rush standing up.

Advertisement
I think malik is 3-4 olb guy idk how well he’ll transfer to ilb at the next level but I thought he was primarily an edge in high school so thats why i made the comparison.. Im not too high on him tho

Advertisement
I think malik is 3-4 olb guy idk how well he’ll transfer to ilb at the next level but I thought he was primarily an edge in high school so thats why i made the comparison.. Im not too high on him tho
I saw him as a SAM in our system who isn't a liability in space but his strength is rushing the passer. He's about 6'2" 230 so he's physically a day 1 type if he can get that playbook down.

senior tape dropped…still no offer from us or even the rest of the big 3. Partridge probably got another gem going to pitt lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back