*** DC/LB Coach WATCH Thread ***

Advertisement
Sounds like it’s a possible DC that would double as LB coach, or only T Rob at worst, which would still be a fine option of course.
Hmmm...muschamp would make sense bc of his history with t-rob. Although, I can’t see him as a guy working well to reach a consensus with Diaz and shoop.

A collective staff effort.

We have coaches on both sides that have been a HC.

Garin Justice and Fields both have been HC on the offense side.

Simpson has been a HC on the defense side.

Schoop has been HC on the analyst side.

Multiple other guys have been coordinators in Likens, Trob.

This staff is loaded with experience right now. Lashlee will be a HC very soon and he will be handling offense.

The point is, Manny won't have to do everything himself now bc he isn't surrounded by amateurs only now.

Stubblefield, Stroud, Banda, Rumph and Barry never had close to the experience MOST of our staff has now.
Stroud was literally the most experienced coach we had on staff last year & a very good recruiter, he doesn’t belong on this list. Replace Stroud with Baker.

But your overall point is correct.

Last edited:
imo best case scenario

1) diaz calls plays 2) hire t williams to coach LB 3) make t Rob and shoop Co-DC

SIAP But if we hire TW, no room for Shoop, correct? Would love to have Shoop as our DC but it sounds like an either/or thing right now due to limited spots on staff.

Advertisement
I wonder if Diaz's plan might include T-Will as an analyst and Steele as DC/LB coach. Steele would be a one year rental so that would open up the opportunity for Simpson as playcalling co-DC with T-Rob next year, then T-Will slides right into the LB role. Just because a guy is an analyst doesn't mean he can't recruit- it just means he can't recruit off campus. He can still make phone calls and interact with recruits on campus (which actually includes off campus within a certain radius). So T-Rob and DVD get the kids to visit, and the trio seal the deal.

I'd prefer Patke get kicked to analyst and T-Will move to LB/Strikers. That would be a grand slam off-season. Patke as one of the 10 coaches and T-Will as analyst is a 3 run HR- still pretty **** good.

SIAP But if we hire TW, no room for Shoop, correct? Would love to have Shoop as our DC but it sounds like an either/or thing right now due to limited spots on staff.
Shoop is a ***ing off field analyst not a coach. For ***s sake you people are illiterate. To those saying shoop as DC.....bleach, drink it.

Not sure why I keep seeing people who want T-Rob to be our DC. As DC at South Carolina, his defenses ranked

2020: 103rd
2019: 53rd
2018: 69th
2017: 25th
2016: 51st

He was probably just running Muschamp’s system, but if that’s his only track record as a DC, why would you want him as a DC?

Sounds like he’s a great DB coach, great recruiter, but no thanks to DC, unless it’s just the title only and Manny is running the show.

Advertisement
I wonder if Diaz's plan might include T-Will as an analyst and Steele as DC/LB coach. Steele would be a one year rental so that would open up the opportunity for Simpson as playcalling co-DC with T-Rob next year, then T-Will slides right into the LB role. Just because a guy is an analyst doesn't mean he can't recruit- it just means he can't recruit off campus. He can still make phone calls and interact with recruits on campus (which actually includes off campus within a certain radius). So T-Rob and DVD get the kids to visit, and the trio seal the deal.

I'd prefer Patke get kicked to analyst and T-Will move to LB/Strikers. That would be a grand slam off-season. Patke as one of the 10 coaches and T-Will as analyst is a 3 run HR- still pretty **** good.
Which is why we need to go after an offensive analyst as well. Guys like Chad Morris and possibly Tee Martin are out there who we can get on the cheap. ****, see is Lashlees made up w Malzahn and get him here on Auburns dime.

Shoop is a ***ing off field analyst not a coach. For ***s sake you people are illiterate. To those saying shoop as DC.....bleach, drink it.

I understand he is an analyst.
Read my post again. Thats why I was saying it is no way for us to add T Will AND Shoop (as a full time assistant)

That’s not the best case scenario, more like worst case scenario. Best case is a a lot better than this. We’ll likely know which in the next week, manny is trying doe.
I Love You Man GIF by memecandy

Advertisement
Well your last worst case scenario came true for like two weeks and then resolved itself so here's hoping lol
I’ll be honest with you , I’ve called a lot of shots the last two years, some a month or two out. But the whole “ worst case scenario manny will demote baker from play calling and manny takes over” gets lost. Nobody even had that as a possibility or on the table. No media or pay sites, nada. It’s actually kind of unheard of to be done in the off-season by a head coach.

If manny was taking a dc it was going to be a splash hire , if not he was going to run things. That’s why I say he’s not stuck on running his d or has an ego with this. He was willing to bring in real names in the dc game. He’s still trying. But worst case he runs things but regardless the d staff looks great , especially if the lb hire happens. It’ll be a recruiting all star team, the d staff will no longer be holding things back. It’s a major upgrade as a whole.

I understand he is an analyst.
Read my post again. Thats why I was saying it is no way for us to add T Will AND Shoop (as a full time assistant)
If I jumped your shiit I apologize but there are so many people posting shiit about shoop as an on field role I can’t take any more.

If I jumped your shiit I apologize but there are so many people posting shiit about shoop as an on field role I can’t take any more.

Yes, you did lol. The person that I was addressing was suggesting Shoop and T Will could both be added and I essentially was saying the same thing as you, that it can’t happen.

Advertisement
I’ll be honest with you , I’ve called a lot of shots the last two years, some a month or two out. But the whole “ worst case scenario manny will demote baker from play calling and manny takes over” gets lost. Nobody even had that as a possibility or on the table. No media or pay sites, nada. It’s actually kind of unheard of to be done in the off-season by a head coach.

If manny was taking a dc it was going to be a splash hire , if not he was going to run things. That’s why I say he’s not stuck on running his d or has an ego with this. He was willing to bring in real names in the dc game. He’s still trying. But worst case he runs things but regardless the d staff looks great , especially if the lb hire happens. It’ll be a recruiting all star team, the d staff will no longer be holding things back. It’s a major upgrade as a whole.
Always appreciate your insight brother!!! So excited about the possibility of adding T Wil! I see a lot of superstars being added with this staff. Simpson may not be on the same level recruiting, but nothing I love in football more then great D line play. Our D line played better under him then they have in 20 years. Stoked to have him back!!!

Advertisement
Back