Coaching DC Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought it was telling Campanile got a DC interview from McDaniels. He didn’t have a hand in hiring him, and he just cleaned out the entire defensive staff essentially, but he still thought Campanile deserved an interview
I agree the only staff holdover from the Flores regime. He clearly brings value to his staff as he’s still sticking around.

Advertisement
Gaby just reiterated Dolphins LB coach Anthony Campaneli is the name he's hearing most for DC.

This feels rushed to me, personally gearing up for the bait and switch.

Agreed, lol. The OC deal has been on lock, no reason to believe this isn’t. So the fact that his name is getting all the buzz, I’m with you.

And I mentioned it already but I wouldn’t hate the hire. I am intrigued by him, and it’s clear we aren’t going to go out and poach a great DC name. This would be someone outside the box for sure, but again I am intrigued at the possibility.

Agreed, lol. The OC deal has been on lock, no reason to believe this isn’t. So the fact that his name is getting all the buzz, I’m with you.

And I mentioned it already but I wouldn’t hate the hire. I am intrigued by him, and it’s clear we aren’t going to go out and poach a great DC name. This would be someone outside the box for sure, but again I am intrigued at the possibility.
To play devils advocate, maybe the reason OC is on lock has to do with Mario’s inability to close on his guy whereas the DC may be imminent. I could see both sides though

Advertisement
I care more about the OC hire than the DC hire. It’s a different day and age. Even Georgia is giving up 42 points to a Buckeyes team down all of their top WRs.

I’m fine with Campanelli. Great recruiter. Great pedigree. Well respected in the NFL. Just start making moves Mario.

Advertisement
Campanile makes sense because it would be an opportunity for him to be a full time DC & build his resume while staying in Miami.

He was Co-DC at BC on Addazio’s staff but he didn’t call plays, Jim Reid did.

Question to the Phins fans on the board, what did you guys feel about Flores & Josh Boyer’s Defense?
(Pro/Cons)
Hated Boyers defense. Like the other poster said the LB unit isn’t the most talented unit on the team but what he asked of that unit and the nickel was crazy. They just didn’t seem like they knew what to do in key situational downs. Pass coverage was laughable from them too.

You mean we're not getting Glenn Schulman to leave the back to back national champions, in his home state, when the last guy who was Co-DC/LB coach on that staff became head coach of Oregon before turning 40?

This skinny dip incident is not uncommon. One of my most epic, thorough beat downs came at the expense of a guy who skinny dipped in my ex’s complex community pools. I was upstairs cooking for her, waiting for her to come home & I heard her scream at the top of her lungs as this dude got out & tried to hug her. Mind u, this is PRE-homeless crisis. The expeditious nature of how quickly I got to him was literally comic book worthy, & LAPD thanked me b/c that was bro’s 3rd incident in 2 months. (Broke his arm & jawline)

Called her mom & said she’s gotta move now, & that’s exactly what she did, moving to the nicer Westside of L.A b4 finishing up. It’s a f’ing mess around SC, but again, where do we hear of parents sending their kids away from there? Never. So when I hear of the excuses of either parents or potential coach’s wives use that not to come to f’ing Coral Gables, color me jaded & suspicious.
All of that over Joy Taylor?

Shaking Head Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

Advertisement
^ agree with this

everyone assumes that people want to live in coral gables and near the water but reality is the vast majority of people would probably like to live in a quieter town with way less traffic, better schools, more land, way less expensive, nicer people, etc. the list goes on
Yup. Also, look at strong and Steele.
Their kids are grown.
Imo you either get a young up and comer with toddlers or an older coach whose kids have moved in to college and a
Being that I’m familiar & intimate w/ both Miami & USC’s campuses, give me Coral Gables 1,000/1,000.

Literally SC was nicknamed University of South Central. It wasn’t just b/c the crack epidemic was in the heart of USC’s backyard, an epidemic that left unmitigated lasting devastation, but there was a time SC’s team was comprised of students from that area, so the fans were primarily residents from there.

Mind u, the immediate surrounding areas have become more & more gentrified, but its homeless crisis is grand central less than a mile away & it’s a vast stretch of that.

Yet, u don’t see parents shying away from sending their kids there. Lol. That excuse regarding Miami is just that, an excuse. Parents have zero problems sending their kids to a racist infested area, as long as the check clears & their baby is being seen on Sundays.

It’s one of the oldest excuses just to say, “nah, I don’t wanna come to ur school.” If u’re making $2m/yr, I can guarandamntee u ain’t living no where in the urban legend hoods of Miami! FOH. At $2m/yr, u r in that 1% category, & Idgaf if ur school is in Miami, Los Angeles, NOLA, Atlanta, Detroit, etc., ur residence will be in an exclusive neighborhood & ur minor kids will be receiving some of the best private school education in the nation.
Your are 100 correct.
But at the same time Miami still has an image issue with people from rural areas that have never been here and have no idea what coral gables is. Downtown coral gables is way nicer than the downtown of most college towns by a mile.
Judging from your posts you seem to be well traveled. Have you noticed that people from other countries are more likely to want to want to visit Miami than someone from Arkansas or Indiana?

Not judging people from those states but as a person who has worked with resident physicians from other states it’s a common theme that they bring up. “My mom thought I was crazy for wanting to do residency here”.
“My friends always worry about me”.

I find that sht hilarious cause nobody has a problem when their kid gets accepted to a residency at John Hopkins. But come to Miami and it’s omg my poor baby!

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back