Dbc telling it like it is

I hear you. If this was just a bunch of guys sitting around talking UM sports, that would be one thing. But intended or not, DBC puts himself into places where he is "breaking news", and this time he was "making introductions" between millionaires and (soon-to-be) billionaires. At some point, someone needs to point out how ridiculous this has become.

As for what "90% of the people on this board could have done", I guess I see it differently. I don't insert myself into those situations because I don't think it is my role. I leave those kinds of discussions to Jose Mas and other Trustees. And don't get me wrong, with the people that I know from my time at UM, I could absolutely do as much, if not more, than what DBC was doing yesterday. I just don't do it.
It is certainly ridiculous--both in a positive and negative way. Imo, there's something beautiful about the internet in that it allows some random die-hard Cane fan with no credentials to host a chatroom where he has the owner of major sports media company, a billionaire booster, our current QB, and a former star player all talking to each other about UM football. On the other side of that coin, it is also probably not great that we can have random fans on the internet interact with those types of people since it is guaranteed that someone makes us look bad, trolls them, etc.

I see your perspective. Having the ability to be in those situations and choosing not to be is reasonable. Imo, since DBC isn't in those situations often, he just wanted to use the opportunity to help the team. It's hard to know what your role should or shouldn't be with no experience in those situations. Similar to how rich people flaunt money but wealthy people are more quiet about it. Either way, I'm not going to fault him for doing what he thinks will help the team he cares about. Everyone in the space helped encourage it one way or the other and anyone could leave at any point so it's different than someone who makes those meetings happen in person.

Advertisement
It is certainly ridiculous--both in a positive and negative way. Imo, there's something beautiful about the internet in that it allows some random die-hard Cane fan with no credentials to host a chatroom where he has the owner of major sports media company, a billionaire booster, our current QB, and a former star player all talking to each other about UM football. On the other side of that coin, it is also probably not great that we can have random fans on the internet interact with those types of people since it is guaranteed that someone makes us look bad, trolls them, etc.

I see your perspective. Having the ability to be in those situations and choosing not to be is reasonable. Imo, since DBC isn't in those situations often, he just wanted to use the opportunity to help the team. It's hard to know what your role should or shouldn't be with no experience in those situations. Similar to how rich people flaunt money but wealthy people are more quiet about it. Either way, I'm not going to fault him for doing what he thinks will help the team he cares about. Everyone in the space helped encourage it one way or the other and anyone could leave at any point so it's different than someone who makes those meetings happen in person.

Much respect to you, sir, for an honest back-and-forth. I understand DBC's passion for UM, I just wish people wouldn't use him and abuse him as they do.

I have to imagine that if Raddy is half as competent as his reputation suggests, he will get the locker room fixed ASAP. If it is in fact an issue that a player such as King felt the need to point it out as the most pressing need. Just my 2 cents

Much respect to you, sir, for an honest back-and-forth. I understand DBC's passion for UM, I just wish people wouldn't use him and abuse him as they do.
I agree it’s a bit old, however, I will say that the barstool guys have been for many years supporters of DBC. I mean you have Dave and Big Cat, who are two of the biggest media figures in sports today, dropping in multiple times. They ask him all the time to bring him onboard, pay him to do shows, and podcasts.

I get Danny’s lore has been achieved from being the butt of jokes, but for the past 5 or so years, he’s been just looked at as a super fan. Barstool has used many other worse super fans than DBC. Hilariously, DBC keeps us all relevant to the rest of the internet sports world.

Advertisement
DBC is horny on this early Tuesday

Attachments

• AE4B6974-5DA5-4F4F-A997-4EB07A17EBB6.png
    AE4B6974-5DA5-4F4F-A997-4EB07A17EBB6.png
    925.9 KB · Views: 112
Advertisement
“They’re about to feel the Return of the Monster. “ Pure gold. Where can I get the tshirt?
I'm late to this thread, but if anyone would know about a return of a monster, it would be DBC, for obvious reasons.

I, too, would buy the t-shirt. If we can get a bear like face on the monster, I'd buy 5.

What a dopey post, displaying no reading comprehension ability at all.

YOU CAN'T READ. Period. You quoted one post of mine, but you are clearly referencing another post of mine. The one where I responded to another dopey Dannyboy apologist.

I don't need a 6-bullet-point recap of one of the most idiotic series of events in human history. Your second bullet-point, ON ITS OWN, is enough to define the insanity. A soon-to-be (not yet, but soon) billionaire wants to discuss a partnership over a poorly organized podcast-like session. Riiight. Brilliant.

Yep, we can stop right there. Nobody in his/her right mind would set up million-dollar-deals on a social media show hosted by a guy on the spectrum. As if the Ruiz family is incapable of setting up its own meeting with the Barstool morons if they really wanted to do a deal. Sure, the DBC show was the ONLY way they could get an introduction.

The rest of the "who-shot-who" blame game is irrelevant. The whole thing was a pathetic ****e show destined for massive failure.
Ok boomer

I actually became much more skeptical about the whole project. I didn’t really understand why a “billionaire” would feel the need to sell his healthcare blockchain to a bunch of listeners on a Twitter space about UM football. Maybe he can’t help himself, but sure seems like a salesman. Someone with that reported wealth shouldn’t really need to do that. Hopefully he hasn’t over leveraged himself to spend all the splashy money on houses and boats.
That's basically the Miami way...everytime I go down there that's all I see

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back