Dbc telling it like it is

Advertisement
@SFbayCane This sounds right up your alley

Yup.

Or you could believe that a 45 year old slow kid who lives in his parents basement actually has contacts at the highest levels of sport and society.

Of all the subsets in our society, over the past 5 years the two groups who've been vindicated the most are the tin foil hatters and religious whackos. Whoda thunk it?

Advertisement
The Ruiz family seems off to me. We shall see. A lot of future talk. Spending mouth money they don’t currently have.

Advertisement
Does anyone know what DBC does for a living?
That's none of your business.

I said it on the other board and I'll say it here. All you chumps and chumpettes made this happen. He's a good guy that suffers from autism/aspergers and he only loves and cares about our Canes. But all you dummies(well not you or most the mouth running dweebs here that are too good for the jungle of the WEZ that was this place before D split us off on an island) kept ******* with him and made him famous.

Now who's laughing?

I'll sailboat

/points to anybody that gets that last board reference

So can I get a summary of what happened and what was said?
So, there was this bear who had swine flu who attacked and allegedly killed a member of a Miami Hurricanes message board.
Then something called Twitter space created an on line forum to talk about the incident with some very wealthy people but all they talked about was cigarette boats.

Advertisement
Can you describe how they fumbled the bag?

I didn’t listen so just looking for context, thanks
They were beating around the bush the whole time instead of asking about the possibility of real partnerships/deals. I mean they had people asking Dave stuff like why does he like Miami lol. It was a rare opportunity and just seems like they didn’t fully take advantage.

Advertisement
Boat Race Apache GIF by Véhicule

Ruiz family gonna be featured on next Cocaine Cowboys for sure. Nothing more Miami.

They were beating around the bush the whole time instead of asking about the possibility of real partnerships/deals. I mean they had people asking Dave stuff like why does he like Miami lol. It was a rare opportunity and just seems like they didn’t fully take advantage.
DBC is not a moderator or media guy. He's just a fan. I don't blame the guy.

Probably would have been an opportunity for someone that has experience hosting things like this to get in touch with DBC and help him moderate. It's not every day you get arguably one of the most influential people in sports to bring their ENTIRE community to discuss Miami and only Miami at absolutely no cost.

Someone with experience would have had questions ready, speakers ready, and keep the conversation focused on Miami Hurricanes Football with the ultimate goal of steering it towards some sort of deal. At the very least, this was an opportunity for the Ruiz family to get some facetime with Portnoy and Barstool. But 100% a wasted opportunity.

If you weren’t there for the DBC life on Canestime….you would never understand.

You had to be there. Bears, lizards, coaching positions, bleeding green, Italian hoagies, undercover Rutgers fan…..it’s garbage and it’s rubbish

Got to meet him at the UF game down here years back, that was awesome

Once John Ruiz came on he didn't stop talking it was basically a infomercial. Everybody pretty much left then

I actually became much more skeptical about the whole project. I didn’t really understand why a “billionaire” would feel the need to sell his healthcare blockchain to a bunch of listeners on a Twitter space about UM football. Maybe he can’t help himself, but sure seems like a salesman. Someone with that reported wealth shouldn’t really need to do that. Hopefully he hasn’t over leveraged himself to spend all the splashy money on houses and boats.

Advertisement
Back