Dbc telling it like it is

I actually became much more skeptical about the whole project. I didn’t really understand why a “billionaire” would feel the need to sell his healthcare blockchain to a bunch of listeners on a Twitter space about UM football. Maybe he can’t help himself, but sure seems like a salesman. Someone with that reported wealth shouldn’t really need to do that. Hopefully he hasn’t over leveraged himself to spend all the splashy money on houses and boats.
The whole Ruiz thing absolutely stinks.

Advertisement
So the one thing King mentioned needed improvement ASAP was the locker room. Wasn't the current locker room donated by The Rock, not too long ago? Wouldn't make sense that is the most pressing need.

I actually became much more skeptical about the whole project. I didn’t really understand why a “billionaire” would feel the need to sell his healthcare blockchain to a bunch of listeners on a Twitter space about UM football. Maybe he can’t help himself, but sure seems like a salesman. Someone with that reported wealth shouldn’t really need to do that. Hopefully he hasn’t over leveraged himself to spend all the splashy money on houses and boats.
Have to agree. I went from excited about the opportunities that could come to thinking its Nevin Shapiro 2.0

DBC is not a moderator or media guy. He's just a fan. I don't blame the guy.

Probably would have been an opportunity for someone that has experience hosting things like this to get in touch with DBC and help him moderate. It's not every day you get arguably one of the most influential people in sports to bring their ENTIRE community to discuss Miami and only Miami at absolutely no cost.

Someone with experience would have had questions ready, speakers ready, and keep the conversation focused on Miami Hurricanes Football with the ultimate goal of steering it towards some sort of deal. At the very least, this was an opportunity for the Ruiz family to get some facetime with Portnoy and Barstool. But 100% a wasted opportunity.

Here's the real problem (and this is not a knock on you, Gi0logy, it's just an observation).

The dipsh!te Barstool guy KNOWS that Dannyboy is on the spectrum, and he uses him like a tool anyhow.

NONE OF THAT CRAP was serious. Does anyone honestly believe that Barstool guy was thisclose to doing a deal with UM, but then Dannyboy's incompetence scuttled the whole thing?

Barstool guy is just like about 30% of the porsters on this board. Everyone knows that Dannyboy is incapable, yet certain people just keep picking on the slow kid, making 10-year-old jokes (the jokes are 10 years old, though I imagine that a 10 year old kid would also make those same repetitive jokes) and acting like the whole ****e show is soooo hilarious.

Let's be honest, a "Barstool Sports deal" was never going to happen, not with Dannyboycane being involved. If Barstool guy is sooooo **** serious about making a deal with UM, he can get in contact with Dan Radakovich. Or Joe Echevarria. Or Jose Mas.

But we all know that's never going to happen. Shame on the people who think that Barstool Sports was sincere in trying to broker a deal through Kingmaker Dannyboycane. What a fvckin' joke...

Here's the real problem (and this is not a knock on you, Gi0logy, it's just an observation).

The dipsh!te Barstool guy KNOWS that Dannyboy is on the spectrum, and he uses him like a tool anyhow.

NONE OF THAT CRAP was serious. Does anyone honestly believe that Barstool guy was thisclose to doing a deal with UM, but then Dannyboy's incompetence scuttled the whole thing?

Barstool guy is just like about 30% of the porsters on this board. Everyone knows that Dannyboy is incapable, yet certain people just keep picking on the slow kid, making 10-year-old jokes (the jokes are 10 years old, though I imagine that a 10 year old kid would also make those same repetitive jokes) and acting like the whole ****e show is soooo hilarious.

Let's be honest, a "Barstool Sports deal" was never going to happen, not with Dannyboycane being involved. If Barstool guy is sooooo **** serious about making a deal with UM, he can get in contact with Dan Radakovich. Or Joe Echevarria. Or Jose Mas.

But we all know that's never going to happen. Shame on the people who think that Barstool Sports was sincere in trying to broker a deal through Kingmaker Dannyboycane. What a fvckin' joke...

Who said it was supposed to be about NIL deals?

DBC invited Ruiz & Portnoy to join.

Someone asked about NIL deals during the Space.

Advertisement
Who said it was supposed to be about NIL deals?

DBC invited Ruiz & Portnoy to join.

Someone asked about NIL deals during the Space.

Here we go again, with the Eddie Haskell "who, me?" routine whenever anyone points out that Barstool guy and a ****-ton of "Miami fans" like to have fun at the expense of a slow-witted guy with serious issues.

First, there is only one reason for inviting Barstool guy on, at this point in history, and there is only one reason for ALSO having the Ruiz family on when Barstool guy is on. Enough with this "oh, SOMEONE asked about NIL deals, it was totally a coincidence" bullcrap.

Second, there were plenty of porsters who were hyping up this Rumble in the [edited R-word] Jungle as being some sort of golden opportunity for Miami to strike some sort of Jackson State type NIL deal for recruits.

Third, there are multiple people on THIS THREAD who are trying to explain how a slow adult "fumbled" this NIL opportunity.

So spare me the nonsense about Dannyboycane being anything near to a responsible "host" or "advocate" for UM, or how his "Space" is legitimate, or how any Dannyboycane three-ring circus "event" is anything more than people like Barstool guy punching down on a slow adult.

Even the Ruiz family needs to be criticized for using a functional idiot as a Ruiz family advertising outlet.

Some of y'all have no idea what autism actually is or what it's symptoms are lol. Autism doesn't mean someone is stupid at all.

Has nothing to do with Dannyboy's book smarts. Has everything to do with DBC's profound lack of self-awareness, context, and propriety. He is being taken advantage of, plain and simple. By Barstool guy, and by anyone who mocks him or humors him or tries to provoke a "classic DBC response" from him.

Has nothing to do with Dannyboy's book smarts. Has everything to do with DBC's profound lack of self-awareness, context, and propriety. He is being taken advantage of, plain and simple. By Barstool guy, and by anyone who mocks him or humors him or tries to provoke a "classic DBC response" from him.
I don't disagree there. DBC probably can't tell Portadouche just thinks he's a weird guy to laugh at, but it's also possible DBC doesn't care and is trying to make something happen anyways. Even if he's got no chance, he still got the space together and the people in the room. I mean the had AR and King talking. That's more than 90% of people on this board could have done.

It's the cane way to have hope in spite of the logical evidence on front of our faces that hope is ill-placed

Advertisement
I don't disagree there. DBC probably can't tell Portadouche just thinks he's a weird guy to laugh at, but it's also possible DBC doesn't care and is trying to make something happen anyways. Even if he's got no chance, he still got the space together and the people in the room. I mean the had AR and King talking. That's more than 90% of people on this board could have done.

It's the cane way to have hope in spite of the logical evidence on front of our faces that hope is ill-placed

Exactly and if someone thinks they can do something better, by all means start your own Space sometime.

I hear you. If this was just a bunch of guys sitting around talking UM sports, that would be one thing. But intended or not, DBC puts himself into places where he is "breaking news", and this time he was "making introductions" between millionaires and (soon-to-be) billionaires. At some point, someone needs to point out how ridiculous this has become.

As for what "90% of the people on this board could have done", I guess I see it differently. I don't insert myself into those situations because I don't think it is my role. I leave those kinds of discussions to Jose Mas and other Trustees. And don't get me wrong, with the people that I know from my time at UM, I could absolutely do as much, if not more, than what DBC was doing yesterday. I just don't do it.

Exactly and if someone thinks they can do something better, by all means start your own Space sometime.

What are you, 20? 21? It's not a competition to "do something better", to have everyone run out to "start your own Space sometime".

You think that everyone who criticizes those who take advantage of Dannyboycane should be trying to outdo him by competing with him?

The cluelessness and lack of awareness is breathtaking.

What are you, 20? 21? It's not a competition to "do something better", to have everyone run out to "start your own Space sometime".

You think that everyone who criticizes those who take advantage of Dannyboycane should be trying to outdo him by competing with him?

The cluelessness and lack of awareness is breathtaking.

Why even criticize when he is trying? It may not be the best Space but it drew a lot of listeners. It was my first time listening and they definitely need some work hosting them. Maybe will get better over time.

Advertisement
Why even criticize when he is trying? It may not be the best Space but it drew a lot of listeners. It was my first time listening and they definitely need some work hosting them. Maybe will get better over time.

Trying what? I already made it clear, it he wants to talk football, fine. If he wants to play-pretend to host NIL Shark Tank, then it's completely different.

Car crashes also draw a lot of viewers. Doesn't make them desirable.

And I'm not criticizing Dannyboy per se, but more the people who take advantage of him and mock him, even passive-aggressively.

DBC gets zero blame.

The co-hosts may also have similar issues.

But that Ruiz guy is…wow he was just stupid. He may be filthy rich, but him and his son come off as socially stupid.

He “introduced himself” by giving a 20 minute speech about his medical technology. Who gives a ****….

Advertisement

He connected two wealthy, motivated Miami fans who are in the NIL space and created a ton of awareness. While it wasn't a perfect situation, it was immensely positive. Anyone who doesn't get that is small potatoes.

It got boring really fast. DBC is typically more entertaining but the moment got the best of him. Either way, DBC still got 2 billionaires to join his Twitter space.

The Ruiz's have taken an interesting approach. They could have done all of this behind closed doors and not go public until the had three potential sites with renderings. I can't knock them too much because they put their reputation out on the line but going public with everything so soon. I also don't think it is fair to compare them to Nevin, these guys aren't convicted felons and they are not just trying to hang out with players.

I don't know how this things end but having hope is better than happy Al Golden or Manny Diaz as your coach.

Bruh you have no grasp of the situation and where it got fumbled whatsoever. There was never going to be a NIL deal which involved DBC collaborating with Barstool. That's obviously nuts and you're discrediting yourself if you think that's what everyone was hoping for. This is the deal:

-DBC had a twitter space that Dave dropped into, and randomly said he'd be willing to drop NIL bags for the hurricanes. It makes the rounds.
-Ruiz family reaches out to DBC to invite Portnoy back on to spaces so he can talk to THEM, presumably to talk NIL partnership.
-DBC does as he's asked because he loves the canes and it seems like a good opportunity
-After a lot of technical issues with twitter spaces that's completely irrelevant, everyone is on as a speaker
-Ruiz Sr proceeds to fumble his shot by "introducing" himself for 20 minutes, giving a **** infomercial about his medical blockchain nonsense and just going off on a random tangent about his buddy doctor and some dude's uncle like there isn't an audience of 10k people waiting for him to talk to Dave
-Dave leaves clearly fed up with the scammy BS bloviating.

DBC didn't fumble anything and no one in their right mind thought the DBC was going to forge a NIL effort with Barstool. He did what he was supposed to, passed the baton, and the supposed savvy paper billionaire and his son proceeded to **** the bed and waste everyones time instead of getting straight to it, when *they* were the ones that requested Dave's time.

To add to this the complete scuttling of King literally saying "the most desparate need is a new locker room" for more stadium talk was redic. If you want to actually help, and not just leveraging the canes for clout (*cough* nevin shapiro) then listen to the players and get the loow hanging fruit out of the way instead of chasing these ego projects.

Bruh you have no grasp of the situation and where it got fumbled whatsoever. There was never going to be a NIL deal which involved DBC collaborating with Barstool. That's obviously nuts and you're discrediting yourself if you think that's what everyone was hoping for. This is the deal:

-DBC had a twitter space that Dave dropped into, and randomly said he'd be willing to drop NIL bags for the hurricanes. It makes the rounds.
-Ruiz family reaches out to DBC to invite Portnoy back on to spaces so he can talk to THEM, presumably to talk NIL partnership.
-DBC does as he's asked because he loves the canes and it seems like a good opportunity
-After a lot of technical issues with twitter spaces that's completely irrelevant, everyone is on as a speaker
-Ruiz Sr proceeds to fumble his shot by "introducing" himself for 20 minutes, giving a **** infomercial about his medical blockchain nonsense and just going off on a random tangent about his buddy doctor and some dude's uncle like there isn't an audience of 10k people waiting for him to talk to Dave
-Dave leaves clearly fed up with the scammy BS bloviating.

DBC didn't fumble anything and no one in their right mind thought the DBC was going to forge a NIL effort with Barstool. He did what he was supposed to, passed the baton, and the supposed savvy paper billionaire and his son proceeded to **** the bed and waste everyones time instead of getting straight to it, when *they* were the ones that requested Dave's time.

To add to this the complete scuttling of King literally saying "the most desparate need is a new locker room" for more stadium talk was redic. If you want to actually help, and not just leveraging the canes for clout (*cough* nevin shapiro) then listen to the players and get the loow hanging fruit out of the way instead of chasing these ego projects.

What a dopey post, displaying no reading comprehension ability at all.

YOU CAN'T READ. Period. You quoted one post of mine, but you are clearly referencing another post of mine. The one where I responded to another dopey Dannyboy apologist.

I don't need a 6-bullet-point recap of one of the most idiotic series of events in human history. Your second bullet-point, ON ITS OWN, is enough to define the insanity. A soon-to-be (not yet, but soon) billionaire wants to discuss a partnership over a poorly organized podcast-like session. Riiight. Brilliant.

Yep, we can stop right there. Nobody in his/her right mind would set up million-dollar-deals on a social media show hosted by a guy on the spectrum. As if the Ruiz family is incapable of setting up its own meeting with the Barstool morons if they really wanted to do a deal. Sure, the DBC show was the ONLY way they could get an introduction.

The rest of the "who-shot-who" blame game is irrelevant. The whole thing was a pathetic ****e show destined for massive failure.

Advertisement
Back