2024 DB Zavier Mincey

So if we don’t land Jeremiah Smith it means Recruiting is not improved over the last 20 years under Mario?
Happy Hell Yeah GIF by CBS

Advertisement
So if we don’t land Jeremiah Smith it means Recruiting is not improved over the last 20 years under Mario? Y’all are seriously trippin.
I think we can all agree Smith is the exact player he was brought in to land….

Also, while it appears recruiting is improved. It’s a tad early to say that’s definite (QB? DT?)
Here’s the last two coaches & their average recruiting rank for first three signed classes.

Mark Richt (hired Dec 4th 2015)
2016: 22nd
2017: 12th
2018: 8th
Average: 14th

Manny (hired Dec 30th 2018)
2019: 17th
2020: 11th
2021: 11th
Average: 13th

Mario (hired Dec 6th 2021)
2022: 13th
2023: 8th
2024: 15th currently
Average (if current trends hold): 12th

We crowning him for being 1/2 spots better in 3 years over Manny and Richt?

Who exactly said Mincey was going to commit in August? or was it something some poster just made up, and everyone ran with the narrative? You can't get upset about something you made up and isn't supported by any truth.

He told Gabby and I believe others he wanted to commit before senior year

So then if do land Jeremiah Smith everyone will shut up about Our Recruiting under Mario forever?

… Sounds like we gotta just win this year and have a good offense and gameplan for future QB. I think we will. TBD whether we can convince Smith he’ll have a good QB for him.
You keep bringing up “we gotta win” & “it’s hard to erase 5-7” yet fail to mention that was a direct cause of Mario’s decision making. You give the top 100 coaches in CFB UMs roster and the money Mario had to hire staff…. 99 of those coaches beat MTSU and make a bowl game.

That’s not an excuse when it was self inflicted, he gets no break for his own decisions. Make it happen.

Advertisement

Also, while it appears recruiting is improved. It’s a tad early to say that’s definite (QB? DT?)
Here’s the last two coaches & their average recruiting rank for first three signed classes.

Yes look at the actual (quality of) players being brought in. It’s a clear cut improvement. In fact this class is basically on par or better than like every class under Diaz/Richt but people don’t wanna hear that. Diaz did well in the portal. Richt had to turn around the Golden failure.

You keep bringing up “we gotta win” & “it’s hard to erase 5-7” yet fail to mention that was a direct cause of Mario’s decision making. You give the top 100 coaches in CFB UMs roster and the money Mario had to hire staff…. 99 of those coaches beat MTSU and make a bowl game.

That’s not an excuse when it was self inflicted, he gets no break for his own decisions. Make it happen.
It’s August. Season starts in a month. Can’t speed up time.

Because I would argue early returns of the Cristobal/Highsmith era are showing they evaluate lower ranked kids better.

Whether star whores want to agree or not, there are still ace talent evaluator coaches out there that evaluate better than rivals and 247 writers.

You don’t think the caliber of player is a bit different? Mario landed a better O line and D line last year then Manny, or Richt ever did combined. People focus too much on stupid rankings and not if these kids can actually ball. Mario also killed it in the portal this past year. But like all things, we have to see it on the field. Last year was brutal

Advertisement
Everyone’s rebuttal to the class averages being close is “look at the players man, it’s different”like we haven’t heard that for the past 15 years!

There’s a reason DMoney printed out “Greentree All-American” on hoodies. Stop talking about hypotheticals that aren’t definite.

We all LOVED Lingard, Nesta, Jeff Thomas, Donaldson, N’Kosi… etc. List goes on… until it came time to actually be that guy.

Bruh this isn’t the boogeyman we’re up against. Mincey looks like an old fashioned Florida 3 battle. Maybe Auburn too. Those 3 programs don’t have less uncertainty than us going forward. FSU had a good season last year coming off 3 of the last 4 seasons being as bad or worse than we were last year. Auburn has had 3 years of 6 or 5 wins in a row. Uf back to back years of 6 wins. And if you want to talk about NIL certainty UF has had the worst public moment of not meeting NiL contract of anyone in the country.

We just aren’t going to join Big 10 until ‘25. We aren’t going to be able to erase 5-7 until we actually play some games. Until then it’s the same FUD all day long. People gotta accept the same **** they’re complaining about last week will be there until this season is over. Nothing is changing until we prove it on the field. It’s possible to think we’ve taken 5 steps forward and one step back and that after this season we’ll be taking a few more steps forward into this rebuild.
You argue so much I don’t even know what you are arguing about or what there is to argue about when I say we’re getting NIL shopped and kids are choosing programs with more certainty such as conference and performance.

It’s not remotely a controversial statement nor is it untrue.

Schools beating us for top recruits are either in the SEC or Big 10, or outperforming us on the field or both. If the NIL is similar it’s understandable why we would lose much more often than not.

Because I would argue early returns of the Cristobal/Highsmith era are showing they evaluate lower ranked kids better.

Whether star whores want to agree or not, there are still ace talent evaluator coaches out there that evaluate better than rivals and 247 writers.
Sure, and I agree with your take 1000%.

Except I will never argue my own hypotheticals against factual information, especially when said theory is just that.

The fact is unless Mario surges into top 10 (unlikely right now) and flips some really good players… his first three classes will be on par with last two, not exactly “definitely improved recruiting”.

Except I will never argue my own hypotheticals against factual information, especially when said theory is just that.

The fact is unless Mario surges into top 10 (unlikely right now) and flips some really good players… his first three classes will be on par with last two, not exactly “definitely improved recruiting”.
And again he's making 2 to 3 times what the past coaches made.

Advertisement

I think this is accurate as to rankings by the services and we’ll have to see how they evals end up. I’d like to think the evals are better but that’s still TBD.

Yes look at the actual (quality of) players being brought in. It’s a clear cut improvement. In fact this class is basically on par or better than like every class under Diaz/Richt but people don’t wanna hear that. Diaz did well in the portal. Richt had to turn around the Golden failure.
Do you sit around all day trying to think of new ways to argue with every poster on this board, over anything? No one on this board comes close to the breadth of battles you take on.

I say this in part because I get constant complaints about thread-derailing.

Will crown if he doesnt have the attrittion of the other 2 and develops better which im expecting.

Its to early to tell..last year was my least favorite cane football szn of my adult life easily. We will see the fruits after next year imo...he'll have all of his guys essentially..**** i think he almost has that now with the attrition.

Advertisement
I think this is accurate as to rankings by the services and we’ll have to see how they evals end up. I’d like to think the evals are better but that’s still TBD.
Realistically, let’s say the majority of these signees classify as a “hit”.

Wouldn’t that be classified as elite development? It still wouldn’t point to “‘massive” improvement on trail from an analytic standpoint.

Only way to chart definitive improvement on trail would’ve been back to top 10 classes, something the last 3 HCs to have top 10 finishes (Shannon, Golden & Richt) failed to do.

Advertisement
Back