2024 DB Zavier Mincey

Correction - I'm obsessed with being relevant again. Recruiting rankings = grabbing blue chips, which in essence means better players + winning more games + draft picks + more to sell on the recruiting trail. A decade plus of information has proved that by now.

This is the way. Those who refuse to believe it are dumb, blind, or both.

Elite crooting. Period.

Advertisement
We need to get to 270, where that lands us number wise overall, I don’t really care. I just want the 270 number which is the threshold for very good for me. I call this class an overall success then as long as we also address our needs at DT.
I look at it the same way. The only other thing I would add is layering last year’s very successful haul on top of this year’s class to make sure you have addressed needs. I like looking at tranches of two classes instead of one class in isolation.

Advertisement
I look at it the same way. The only other thing I would add is layering last year’s very successful haul on top of this year’s class to make sure you have addressed needs. I like looking at tranches of two classes instead of one class in isolation.
I look at it the same. It helps you develop a fully two deep. It’s why we need to this class to be salvaged, a weak 24 class will weaken the overall affect of the 23 class.

They know what’s about to happen
Suspicious Major League Baseball GIF by MLB

Advertisement
You're obsessed with recruiting rankings
I mean, is it bad to be obsessed with it? It has a direct correlation with titles & excellence.

Since 247 introduced “Total Team Talent” in 2015 no team outside the top 10 has ever won a title. 8 of those titles have come from teams within top 5 most talented (Clemson being the only exception - 6th/9th respectively).

That report is strictly based off recruiting/portal rankings of your roster, so yes we should all be obsessed with it.

I mean, is it bad to be obsessed with it? It has a direct correlation with titles & excellence.

Since 247 introduced “Total Team Talent” in 2015 no team outside the top 10 has ever won a title. 8 of those titles have come from teams within top 5 most talented (Clemson being the only exception - 6th/9th respectively).

That report is strictly based off recruiting/portal rankings of your roster, so yes we should all be obsessed with it.

It’s literally the only thing that matters.

Elite classes don’t guarantee you’ll win championships. But average classes guarantee you won’t.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is FSU even recruiting this guy.Geo stated yesterday we were beating the Noles for a commit today.
No idea. TOS said we weren’t looking to go this route a few weeks ago but here we are. Haven’t watched a second of his film I was just thinking it was Mincey.

And to add to your point: Clemson won those titles with generational/very elite QBs - DeShaun Watson & Trevor Lawrence. So to win a title, a team must either have a: top-5 roster or a top-10 roster & and a ~top-10 pick at QB.

But our recruiting doesn’t need to be championship caliber right now. We can build iteratively. What we do need is to string together a couple top 10 seasons and coastal championships. That’ll give us a shot at catapulting our recruiting from the 8-15 range to elite top-5 level.

We need to get to 270, where that lands us number wise overall, I don’t really care. I just want the 270 number which is the threshold for very good for me. I call this class an overall success then as long as we also address our needs at DT.

270, that's a rather arbitrary number. Is there a reason you picked it?

Personally, I don't care about the composite class rankings. I care about the prospect grade, the cumulative prospect ranking score.

Right now we're sitting under 90. That's past coach here land. The class ranking so far is bolstered by numbers and it's artifically inflated.

@WeBallinBoyz dissected exactly what I'm getting at above.

Advertisement
Back