Db recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to share a brief recap of a Chris Steele interview I found by accident. It was a radio interview he gave to a reporter from USC today. The kid is very smart and savvy. Incredibly well spoken. Doesn't care about the recruit edits, emails, etc to show "love". He claims he knows where he stands with the coaches he cares about. He was very up front with what he is looking for in a school: first and foremost he wants to go to a team where he can be surrounded by talent. He wants to play with guys who want to win. He also wants to play early.

When asked about the schools he already visited, Oklahoma & LSU, he mentioned relationships with players (Bookie) and coaches as major factors. He has been to South Carolina on an unofficial visit and plans to give them 1 of his remaining 3 OVs. He sees major playing time and becoming the centerpiece of the class there as incentives. He is going back to Oregon this weekend for a second unofficial. He said that he wants to get to "either UM or Florida for an official visit " (his exact words) and USC will get the last OV. I think that's pretty telling where we stand...

Since the reporter was from USC, the focus of the interview was about them. He is on campus several times a week . Looks at the DB coach there as a father figure, has great relationship with Jayden Daniels who will be enrolling there as QB in a month or so.

He claims he will decide by July 7th but not announce until the Army all America game in January - per his mother's request.

Listening to the kid talk about USC, it would seem that's where he ends up. BUT we have kids who say and do things like this with UM and then hit the road at the end. Will be interesting to see where this goes but it seems Manny has his work cut out for him ...

Advertisement
Exactly. Yes preferred walk-ons, for both of them.

Yep already stated he was wrong on the grayshirt thing..since the brother is already on the roster. He got the regular preferred walk on spot...and with fsu being alot cheaper it works out i guess.

Not connected but I can assume that the 200k record was broken last cycle.

Am not sure what happened this year. I quit during January 2014. The Head of Tax also contributed to "the Foundation". Her and her husband had gone to every 'Dawg game for the past 37 years. People think they love their team, but in the South the SEC is a religion. Every house in Atlanta hung their school's respective flag on Saturday morning. We hated living in Atlanta.... Moving from LA to the Dukes of Hazzard was a complete shock.

Tuscaloosa was the second worst college town next to Starksville............

They are nervous about the FBI. Excluding Vanderbilt, all of the SEC teams have a "foundation". You are talking about millions in gifts over 20+ years. Any payment over $14,000 is taxable. It is going to be hard for these southerners to say that "they were under the impression that the funds were going directly to the school and not directly to players." If that is the case, then why did you donate to a "foundation" and not to a schol. It will take a few years, but football is next!

Advertisement
We're not getting Stingley, Steele or Christian Williams. We MIGHT have a shot at Mo Hampton, idk if that's who BD meant by the Nawlins kid. This is the same ****, AGAIN. I get not taking Crouch. But not taking Jaden Davis is dumb. His 7on7 coach says he's 5 ft 10 and 170. That's big enough to play here. Every corner doesn't have to be 6 ft. I don't get how we can be so picky and we don't have a single corner committed. And we're holding out hope for OOS long shots who haven't visited and might not? Makes no sense.
Jaden Davis is a good 5'6 if he eats his cereal in the morning. Look at the video of him next to Anthony Solomon whos only 6'0.

LOL Now we have people convinced the reason is bc Rumph doesn't think the crop of athletes in South Florida is good anymore.

How about it's bc Rumph is a lazy, horrible recruiter that only has a job bc Richt promised him one after he delivered Sony Michel?

Worst Corch that has maybe ever been on staff is Mike Rumph.

You know you sound like an idiot right?

THIS YEAR is a down year for CBs in South FL so we are trying to land elite players who are interested that aren't down here this cycle.

Last year was the most stacked I have ever seen.

Yes we whiffed on some top guys (Jobe was bought / Campbell was bought but the the biggest miss for Rumph IMO b/c of the relationship / Samuels should have been prioritized earlier before we knew Jobe was gone / never had a shot at Surtain), and still managed to land a great DB class.

Rumph 100% needs to tighten up, but I'm not writing him off just yet.

I don't care what coach we have, its gonna be hard to defend against the bag$.

And elite South FL DBs are very well paid in the $EC (think Patrick "Johnson" Peterson).

I do think that we should be going after Elam harder, but the coaches have a better feel on the situation than I do, and I trust them.

Advertisement
Jaden Davis is a good 5'6 if he eats his cereal in the morning. Look at the video of him next to Anthony Solomon whos only 6'0.

5'9 1/2 at camp in Feburary. Weighed in around 170 pds. So give a take n inch or half off of Malek Young/and Trajan Bandy and about 5-10 pds.
There's room for a smaller cb every 2 classes or so in my opinionif they have the qualities Young an Bandy have shown. He has some of it..dont think he is as physical as Bandy though

Not everyone wants to go and live in Bama. We aint drop nothing and beat them out for Chad Thomas ad a number of others.
Thats b/c Baga's music program is ****, and ours is top 5 in the nation and in his back yard.

I'd be surprised if we didn't end up with at least 1 CB from south Florida.

Still plenty of time for evaluating players.

And Florida is a big state - we could find some good ones from other areas - I still hope that we end up with Dixon from the Tampa area.

5'9 1/2 at camp in Feburary. Weighed in around 170 pds. So give a take n inch or half off of Malek Young/and Trajan Bandy and about 5-10 pds.
There's room for a smaller cb every 2 classes or so in my opinionif they have the qualities Young an Bandy have shown. He has some of it..dont think he is as physical as Bandy though
He mightve been 5'9 with platform shoes on. Its not a knock on his playing ability. But how many little kids do we want on the roster.

Advertisement
Yep already stated he was wrong on the grayshirt thing..since the brother is already on the roster. He got the regular preferred walk on spot...and with fsu being alot cheaper it works out i guess.

With as much as you slurp FSU, I'm not surprised I have to spell it out for you.

Sorry I said grayshirt, yes Dent's brother isn't technically one. He enrolled in January as a PWO. The deal they made the family is that he'll get a scholarship next January, after Akeem signs. Or you can keep believing Rumph messed up. Dent isn't even listening to Bama or Georgia. He knows his brother's future disappears if he goes anywhere else

Wanted to share a brief recap of a Chris Steele interview I found by accident. It was a radio interview he gave to a reporter from USC today. The kid is very smart and savvy. Incredibly well spoken. Doesn't care about the recruit edits, emails, etc to show "love". He claims he knows where he stands with the coaches he cares about. He was very up front with what he is looking for in a school: first and foremost he wants to go to a team where he can be surrounded by talent. He wants to play with guys who want to win. He also wants to play early.

When asked about the schools he already visited, Oklahoma & LSU, he mentioned relationships with players (Bookie) and coaches as major factors. He has been to South Carolina on an unofficial visit and plans to give them 1 of his remaining 3 OVs. He sees major playing time and becoming the centerpiece of the class there as incentives. He is going back to Oregon this weekend for a second unofficial. He said that he wants to get to "either UM or Florida for an official visit " (his exact words) and USC will get the last OV. I think that's pretty telling where we stand...

Since the reporter was from USC, the focus of the interview was about them. He is on campus several times a week . Looks at the DB coach there as a father figure, has great relationship with Jayden Daniels who will be enrolling there as QB in a month or so.

He claims he will decide by July 7th but not announce until the Army all America game in January - per his mother's request.

Listening to the kid talk about USC, it would seem that's where he ends up. BUT we have kids who say and do things like this with UM and then hit the road at the end. Will be interesting to see where this goes but it seems Manny has his work cut out for him ...

Kid goes to Bosco.

I'd actually be surprised if he went to USC, Bosco kid usually end up elsewhere.

That 5* Jaiden Woodbey was also a Bosco kid. Every insider said for 6 months he'd drop Ohio St for USC. Kid spends 1 day in Tally and commits there.

What I see from Steele's visit schedule is that he clearly is fine with leaving home

Advertisement
He lacks physicallity and I’m telling you man idk where they get these measurements from but I saw the kid in person and he’s smaller than me. I’m 5’9 170 and I’m 18 years old just like he is.

He lacks physicallity and I’m telling you man idk where they get these measurements from but I saw the kid in person and he’s smaller than me. I’m 5’9 170 and I’m 18 years old just like he is.

Gogeta has a hate hardon for Rumph. Rumph probably brushed him aside at some event and now gogeta’s ego still bruised. Gogeta will prop up and even tell lies about Davis to make Rumph look stupid for not offering or getting Davis.

And this is coming from someone like me who also thinks ignoring Davis is retarded no matter if he’s 5’10 or 5’8. We need a quick shifty slot corner with young gone. We lost out on Samuel last year. We’re fixing to do the same with Davis- both remind me of that south Florida defector to FSU that we thought was too small for us: lamarcus joyner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back