DB Michael Johnson

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I'd take Johnson and Hester be straight at safety. There's no doubt in my mind Johnson would flip to Miami if offered soon.

Can't wait too long though.

No doubt in my mind we can...

22.jpg

..this kid in the near future.

I like this kid he loves Miami u can tell by the way he says theU i love it hopeful he gets an offer

Yeah, you can definitely see the love he has for The U when he talks.

Hoping he earns that offer.

Advertisement
It's not Clint Hurt fault. Right now UM in not interested. LSU has offered, Bama is close and UM still talking bout evaluating. Johnson loves UM and will give them benefit of the doubt but the longer they wait to start recruiting him the less there chances are will be of getting him.

Advertisement
It's not Clint Hurt fault. Right now UM in not interested. LSU has offered, Bama is close and UM still talking bout evaluating. Johnson loves UM and will give them benefit of the doubt but the longer they wait to start recruiting him the less there chances are will be of getting him.

I get that, I just despise that program

Miami usually wants the local kids to camp with them before offering. Is Johnson going to camp this summer?

This is something that the staff needs to fix ASAP. These local kids are right in front of them. They should be evaluating them during the season even more than the OOS schools...The coaches should use the fact that these kids are in the Miami area to their advantage and get on them earlier than other schools. Whether or not fans like to admit it, offering earlier than other schools makes a huge impact on these kids. There are enough resources down here that they can gather information before the camps to deem whether or not a kid is worthy of an offer.

Miami usually wants the local kids to camp with them before offering. Is Johnson going to camp this summer?

This is something that the staff needs to fix ASAP. These local kids are right in front of them. They should be evaluating them during the season even more than the OOS schools...The coaches should use the fact that these kids are in the Miami area to their advantage and get on them earlier than other schools. Whether or not fans like to admit it, offering earlier than other schools makes a huge impact on these kids. There are enough resources down here that they can gather information before the camps to deem whether or not a kid is worthy of an offer.

I am going to disagree with you Pete. These out of state schools just give offers that they dont have to stand by. If Miami gives a local kid an offer they have to honor it. Both Florida and Florida State also want a kid to camp before they have an commitable offer unless they are elite.

Now what Miami should be doing is getting as many south Florida kids as possible in camp their sophomore year. They should stress the importance of this to all the local coaches. Offering a borderline kid that doesnt camp is just asking for trouble.

Why can't we tell these kids early on that they have an offer contingent upon their development and participation in camps. They know up front what they need to do to turn that "soft" offer into a "solid" offer. They also have their egos stroked while not taking UM's interest for granted. What the players are hearing right now is, "We're not sure if you're good enough for us even though all the OOS schools do. So come prove to me why I should recruit you." There was a time when we could have that attitude, and I truly hope we get back there soon; but right now, we ain't there.

Advertisement
Back