DB Michael Johnson

Why can't we tell these kids early on that they have an offer contingent upon their development and participation in camps. They know up front what they need to do to turn that "soft" offer into a "solid" offer. They also have their egos stroked while not taking UM's interest for granted. What the players are hearing right now is, "We're not sure if you're good enough for us even though all the OOS schools do. So come prove to me why I should recruit you." There was a time when we could have that attitude, and I truly hope we get back there soon; but right now, we ain't there.

The underlined part is kind of inferred. Any offer is contingent on...

1. Continued performance (season, camps etc.)

2. Graduation with necessary grades

3. Behavior

Advertisement
Why can't we tell these kids early on that they have an offer contingent upon their development and participation in camps. They know up front what they need to do to turn that "soft" offer into a "solid" offer. They also have their egos stroked while not taking UM's interest for granted. What the players are hearing right now is, "We're not sure if you're good enough for us even though all the OOS schools do. So come prove to me why I should recruit you." There was a time when we could have that attitude, and I truly hope we get back there soon; but right now, we ain't there.

You cant do that to local kids, this is not just a south Florida problem. You wont see LSU giving a Louisiana kid a non commitable offer. You will however see LSU give a south Florida kid a non commitable offer. Basically you don't want Kirkland problems locally so you have to be absolutely sure when you offer a local kid. This is done the same way all over the country.

Great kid. But I'm not sure if the U is shying away because of his level of competition at the 2A level but the kid deserves the look and more interest than he's getting now. Not to mention both of the guys he mentioned were Miami commits that ended switching and they are probably selling him hard on why NOT to go to the U. I said a few weeks ago when he committed that he was flippable but after listening to this interview I would have to say it's gonna take alot more work than I originally thought.

I dont know what to say about this kids situation anymore. Maybe the staff is getting to the point where they are only looking for "freakazoids" in the secondary. (Burns-speed, Carter-size/speed, Jenkins-size/athlete, Bush-size/speed, Crawford-speed and Dortch-long arms and hands like Rajon Rondo.. all fit that description) That is the only reason why I can see why the staff has not offered him nor QW. The big time programs all have uber athletes in the secondary. I like MJ. Looks like the staff does not.

Wow last time I saw his interview he was decked out n canes stuff, please offer, we need safety depth and while 2015 is insane for d backs we need a couple safeties in 2014 and he's probably our best local option

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back