DB board as of 01/13

Off topic but I'm starting to think Golden put together better recruiting staffs than Richt and Diaz. I was young and didn't really pay attention to Shannons staffs, although I remember the #1 class. But yeah u would think a young dude like Diaz would have some aces on staff. He has like one.

Shannon had some nice coaches on his first staff.

Walton, Barrow, Stoutland, Pannunzio, Mcgriff were all legit (and Hurtt was a **** bag man).

I remember Robinson being solid too.

Mosley and Nix were garbage.

Advertisement
I find it pathetic that CREEPY Paul Williams recruited a better rate with both safety’s and corners than the bozos of Rumoh and Banda
Yea he killed on the trail. Left 2 whole corners on the roster on his way out

It’s pretty scary that we are a couple hamstring pulls or concussions away from needing to play a true freshman or walk-on corner, especially against the likes of pass happy teams

It’s inexcusable what’s been recruited the last couple years

Off topic but I'm starting to think Golden put together better recruiting staffs than Richt and Diaz. I was young and didn't really pay attention to Shannons staffs, although I remember the #1 class. But yeah u would think a young dude like Diaz would have some aces on staff. He has like one.
No. 1 class based on wildly overrated MNW players except for Sean Spence. Jacorey Harris, Aldarius Johnson, Tommy Streeter, Marcus Forston...
all overrated.

No. 1 class based on wildly overrated MNW players except for Sean Spence. Jacorey Harris, Aldarius Johnson, Tommy Streeter, Marcus Forston...
all overrated.
That was still a **** of a recruiting job to land those players.

Advertisement
Shannon had some nice coaches on his first staff.

Walton, Barrow, Stoutland, Pannunzio, Mcgriff were all legit (and Hurtt was a **** bag man).

I remember Robinson being solid too.

Mosley and Nix were garbage.
What was Robinson"s first name? I don't remember him. I remember a Willy Robinson as DB coach in '94.

Advertisement
Agree. Diaz has connections and has recruited well thus far in my opinion. But I thought he would have brought in a far better staff recruiting wise.

That's why one of the DB coaches need replaced...Telly Lockette would go great on this staff for Dade, but the 2 positions he has experience at are good recruiters Field and Hickson.

It's so obvious and easy, just to replace 1 or both of these DB coaches...Diaz little buddy system is gonna help him dig his own grave.

Last edited:
That's why one of the DB coaches need replaced...Telly Lockette would go great on this staff for Dade, but the 2 positions he has experience at are good recruiters Filed and Hickson.

It's so obvious, just to replace 1 or both of these DB coaches.
Manny should still try to find a way to bring Telly on board. He lacks that one well-known recruiter thought that's for sure.

I’d take Britt as a wide receiver but I also think there are better options

At this stage of the game who is beating down our door though?

There is a Louisiana kid that is a top 35 in that state that had SMU high on his list. No one really in Sofla besides Britt is left, unless you wanna move a Noel to the slot...saw one or 2 kids in other parts of the state unsigned, but don't know much about them. Wideman talk seems to have died down. Britt is fine at WR if that's where he ends up...At this point just take him.

At this stage of the game who is beating down our door though?

There is a Louisiana kid that is a top 35 in that state that had SMU high on his list. No one really in Sofla besides Britt is left, unless you wanna move a Noel to the slot...saw one or 2 kids in other parts of the state unsigned, but don't know much about them. Wideman talk seems to have died down. Britt is fine at WR if that's where he ends up...At this point just take him.
Britt is a good option at this point but I’d also look at Kaleb Long maybe before I go to Britt. I think at this point you’re looking for upside more than anything and I’d take Longs upside over Britts. Britt can play though but he’s a player that trended down instead of up as his high school career progressed and you never wanna see that.

Advertisement
That's why one of the DB coaches need replaced...Telly Lockette would go great on this staff for Dade, but the 2 positions he has experience at are good recruiters Field and Hickson.

It's so obvious and easy, just to replace 1 or both of these DB coaches...Diaz little buddy system is gonna help him dig his own grave.
Field landed 0 recruits but keeps getting labeled as this great recruiter. Who has he landed in his career to get this great recruiter tag?

Field landed 0 recruits but keeps getting labeled as this great recruiter. Who has he landed in his career to get this great recruiter tag?
They put him on the big fish and we were in it until we went 6-7. Can’t blame him for that. He was set up to lose from jump.

I would stick with him. Only been here one year. Also could had something to do wboth dade and broward we landed this year. Has coached in all 3 counties in sofla

Advertisement
Britt is a good option at this point but I’d also look at Kaleb Long maybe before I go to Britt. I think at this point you’re looking for upside more than anything and I’d take Longs upside over Britts. Britt can play though but he’s a player that trended down instead of up as his high school career progressed and you never wanna see that.

i’m not sure he trended down at all. Hissenior tape looks flat out dominant it’s justagainst weak comp. i would take either as a wr. But if you want the versatility you go with Britt.

also again the Dade thing. Um can’t get to where it needs to be without sofla. It’s that simple. I don’t mind K.Long at all though.

Take Britt. We know he can play. He may be suboptimal athletically, but you need some So FL kids like Mike Smith, Dallas Crawford, Demetrius Jackson, who have been playing football since they were toddlers, and will bring it every day. Quan was both short and slow relative to the ideal, and he was the soul of the defense along with Shaq.

It’s pretty scary that we are a couple hamstring pulls or concussions away from needing to play a true freshman or walk-on corner, especially against the likes of pass happy teams

It’s inexcusable what’s been recruited the last couple years
Has the potential to ruin a decent defense next year. Mind boggling to me to watch the DB recruiting over the years and the amount of misses we’ve had. Clearly the coaches think more of the current 4 cb’s than I think of them. Blades was only one that was decent and he was just ok. How do you even run an affective practice with are low CB numbers. CB and LB have been totally mismanaged the last few years.

They put him on the big fish and we were in it until we went 6-7. Can’t blame him for that. He was set up to lose from jump.
We needed a black man who local recruits and their families could relate too so we hired a white guy who thinks he’s black.

Advertisement
Back