DB Arrion Springs update

D

deleted3746

Info from the Texas 247 site:

Texas is behind Miami and Oregon, Miami at the top because the staff offered after watching HLs, Oregon coming to visit him in a month or so, Miami and Oregon clear leaders, #125th ranked overall prospect and #10 overall CB according to 247, 5-11 192 with elite speed and the skills to play corner or safety, Texas still in it because of facilities, tradition, and the fact they have the most active DBs in the NFL, has a good relationship with Paul Williams, says the future is bright in S FL, will be visiting Miami and Oregon this Summer, doesn't expect too strict of sanctions at either school, some quotes:

“The only way I'm not going to pick Miami or Oregon is if the bowl bans and sanctions are too severe, then I'll see what's out there,” Springs said. “Texas and maybe Oklahoma are the two schools that could change my mind.”

“I actually talked to him the night of the [NFL] draft,” Springs said. “He was telling me what he was doing in New York with Kenny [Vaccaro] and basically just telling me that putting DBs in the NFL is what they do.

“It goes with the whole DBU thing and it lets you know that it's something they take great pride in at Texas.”

“They're trying to get their program back on the map, and the fact that they want me to help is a big honor,” Springs said. “Coach Williams is my type of coach. I like the way Coach Golden and his staff do things. They're doing it the right way. And you really can't go wrong with a city like Miami.”

“They have top of the line facilities and Coach [John] Neal is a great coach,” Springs said. “He's an underrated coach, but he's very good. I like their playing style on defense and it seems like a nice area to live.”

“If it's too bad it could mess up the chances of me going to either school,” Springs said. “Miami has told me it's been quiet but they're anticipating some kind of probation. Oregon might a two-year probation, or something like that, but they said they want to talk to me more in-depth about that later.”

Advertisement
This kid would be a nice safety. I hope we get him, Gayot, Patten, and Lammons and wrap up our DB class at that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
4-5 DBS total IMO. Doubt we pull all the top targets, but we are in good shape for all of them. If they all say yes I doubt we will deny them, especially patten after last year

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if we get another bowl ban (which I don't see happening) it wouldn't affect him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I thought he was set on leaving Texas but now that I hear UT back in the mix I'm not so confident, oh well I guess we'll see what happens

I am glad we are on top of his list, but it sounds like he will stay home and go to Texas.

Lol did you read the article?

Ya I did. Miami is up on the list because of first offer. I don't see him leaving that far from home.

Perfect example of seeing only what you want to see?
“The only way I'm not going to pick Miami or Oregon is if the bowl bans and sanctions are too severe, then I'll see what's out there,” Springs said.

Personally, I'm hoping Oregon gets a bowl ban. They paid off a street agent and we've served our time.

Has anybody read that he can play safety too or is it just me? The first time I read about him on 24/7 it was how Texas loved how he could play both positions

Advertisement
Back