Dazalin Worsham 4-Star WR and Alabama commit

I know a lot of ppl put huge stock into he 40 times, but there's a kid I used to coach (he's a Sr this coming season) and he generally runs in the 4.8s/4.9s as a WR. But get him on the field in pads against competition and he'll take a slant to the crib. And he can go up and get the ball. Sometimes you have to just trust the film

Advertisement
I was going to create a thread on this subject matter, but why not post it here?

We’ve been talking 40 times for a min, and I agree w u. I look at The Ross kid from UW or even P Dorsett who both burned through their 40’s, yet at the next level, that 40 ain’t helping. So I’m wondering should we be focusing on the 40 or focusing on quickness (Cones), route running, and hands?

We used to have guys w a combo of both, but it appears our obsession of the 40 is taking away from guys who are always opened. Look at Restrepo today? Open....yet his 40 wasn’t mind blowing.

What do u guys think? Is the 40 as important as say The Cones and hands?

Depends on position and how the 40 is ran... kid runs a 4.5-7 40 but his form and technique bad you’re like okay we can get him faster... But i think as a WR coach it’s all important and doesn’t weigh more... we’ve seen speedsters be scrubs and slow guys be ballers all depends on development....

I know a lot of ppl put huge stock into he 40 times, but there's a kid I used to coach (he's a Sr this coming season) and he generally runs in the 4.8s/4.9s as a WR. But get him on the field in pads against competition and he'll take a slant to the crib. And he can go up and get the ball. Sometimes you have to just trust the film

Yeah idk his hip situation so i can see the hesitation on that but on film kid looks like a baller and a take at UM....the staff has seemed to do a good/decent job of recruiting kids so why not continue to trust them? lol y’all bring up the surgeries like the coaches don’t know that... sure they know his medical background a lil more than we do on CIS....

Advertisement
Aj green isn't slow. He ran like a 4.5 flat. And nelson ran a 4.5. Fitzgerald isn't fast but I'll take a 4.6 from a 6'3 230 pound wr over a 4.8 180 pound one.
What I’m looking at is high school players 40 times arent always accurate. I ran 4.5 in highschool ...my my sophomore year in college I ran 4.34 at 190 At the combine at 203 I ran 4.39 . It’s all about technique sometimes. I trained with Fitzgerald and if he find a 4.6 it’s a surprise to me. Not saying he didn’t but I’m just saying.

Advertisement
What I’m looking at is high school players 40 times arent always accurate. I ran 4.5 in highschool ...my my sophomore year in college I ran 4.34 at 190 At the combine at 203 I ran 4.39 . It’s all about technique sometimes. I trained with Fitzgerald and if he find a 4.6 it’s a surprise to me. Not saying he didn’t but I’m just saying.
You still are comparing this dude to bigger wrs. This guy is 6'0 180.

Depends on position and how the 40 is ran... kid runs a 4.5-7 40 but his form and technique bad you’re like okay we can get him faster... But i think as a WR coach it’s all important and doesn’t weigh more... we’ve seen speedsters be scrubs and slow guys be ballers all depends on development....
Focus on who can play and who can’t

Advertisement
Advertisement
This kid is 6”1/6”0..not all about jump balls or whatever you think being 6”3 plus has to do with being a good wr
Bigger wrs know how to use their body to shield dbs and create space. Being 6'0 180 and slow is way different. Even a guy like landry is a compact strong dude and about 200 pounds.

Bigger wrs know how to use their body to shield dbs and create space. Being 6'0 180 and slow is way different. Even a guy like landry is a compact strong dude and about 200 pounds.
Landry is a pro wr rn..this kid won’t be 6”0 180 or whatever In 5 years. If you know how to run the tree and how to get open, a 4.6 doesn’t concern me

Advertisement
Back