Dawson

Lol @ people blaming Dawson.

This season offensively is every season Mario has ever had.

Was Dawson to blame for those offensive failures

Mario said Dawson chose not to take a knee against GT, and it was his (Mario's) own fault for not stepping in and over ruling him. He's either telling the truth or throwing Dawson under the bus. I think we would have heard about bad blood if it was the latter. So assuming it's true, then Dawson directly cost UM at least one win.

Advertisement
his game plans were all over the board. We saw some good ones. And also the absolute conservative **** ones. I’m not convinced Mario didn’t have a hand in it at some point. Too many 3 man routes while having a such a supposed elite OL.

...Mario isn't here to call plays, so why does that matter?
Mario can coach OL. He can recruit at an insanely high level.
He has negatives. His job is to hire good enough coordinators and recruit enough talent that his GameDays coaching doesn't result in losses.
I look at the results and say we are on a n upward trajectory and if he succeeds in bringing in a top portal QB I think we will will win 10+ games.
This isn't that complicated. Just cause Mario isn't a coordinator doesn't mean he can't run a successful program or that we have no hope of winning a championship.

And y'all keep making the mistake that there are better alternatives or that we would have as much commitment as we have today with a different coach. Y'all don't wanna accept reality half the time
*commitment
*recruiting
*coach ol

Man ya hit all the mario bullet points...everything except being a good hc.
You see an upward trajectory?. Where exactly?.
There's nothing that says a top portal qb brings anything or that dude can even land a top portal qb because he has never landed one...**** he hasnt landed a top hs 1 before either.

There are alot of better alternatives lol..We are doing a lot less with more. Ive excepted reality after year 1...and had us pegged at this amount of wins. The problem is...i dont see the upward trajectory u see..he's a 7-8 win coach here.

Advertisement
The Rutgers QB is way worse that Jacurri but for some reason he was finding some wide open guys and easy throws…I don’t understand how Mario can sit there and think his offensive system is effective **** it’s so frustrating
That’s because our cbs suck we need another one of those too

Advertisement
He's terrible.

Brown is 6'4 240 lbs and we hand off to Parrish on 4th & 2 to run behind Luis Cristobal.

PS: Brown isn't anything special running the ball either
Thought the same thing, for his lack of passing skills he's sure not that mobile like people make it seem. Sure he can pick up 4 or 5 yards but that's about it.

That’s the quickest I saw Brown move all day…cutting laterally to run out of bounds to avoid the hit rather than turning it upfield. I would take the West Virginia QB all day over what we have. That kid is half the size of Brown but has twice the toughness and is a better runner.
Funny you mention WVU qb. My nephew is 6'5 190 going to walk on there and challenge him hahaha.

Advertisement
I understand your QB is who he is but that gameplan was trash.

When Dawson is in a good groove he can cook but his bad is really bad. The pace of play this team plays with is awful.

Dawson is quickly losing the leadway that most had afforded him.
Unless proven otherwise I believe Mario ruins his rhythm. When we were throwing to open up the run we’re moving and grooving then all of a sudden we go Mario conservative I do not believe it’s him

Thought the same thing, for his lack of passing skills he's sure not that mobile like people make it seem. Sure he can pick up 4 or 5 yards but that's about it.
He looks slow but with another year of development he can be good get a 1 year rental and if he’s here let him batte it out with Emory

It’s a meaningless game but we need someone who can replace James Williams and kam kichens them missing was glaring. I didn’t see that type of play back there today that’s what really messed up our defense.This week and Leonard Taylor but we should’ve let more of our players go out there and play over Lou Cristobal coach blew this one to me. That blocked punt I feel like Anyone with sense in that situation knows to be in max protection it’s no way we don’t have anyone better then 55 to put in that spot. While I do like K4 tonight would’ve been a game for him to be back at safety with James out Instead of at starting backer i would rather have seen cloyd, or a young guy like Malik Bryant or etc. But I would’ve really liked to see Chase smith if he was fully healthy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I watched almost all of Dawson's interview this season. He is just an average OC. I don't quite like his attitude either. We need to move on from him.

I happened to watch several Penn State new OC (former Kansas OC) Andy Kotelnicki's interviews including X&O talks. I can tell that he is really a smart guy.

Mario is really not good at picking coordinator.

Exactly.

It’s like a dude that only dates fat chicks and people shocked his next girl is fat.

Every OC Mario hires is going to be the fat chick because that is Mario’s fetish.
That's an interesting way to look at it. Funny but it reveals a deeper more disturbing truth. Look at this offense and the pace it runs at. Look at everything about these offensive game plans. If I didn't know any better I would say that scoring points isn't anywhere close to being his primary motivating factor. I would say that the entire reason this offense is run the way it is is because it satisfies some type of weird neurotic football fetish he has.

The dude has zero intention of scoring a lot of points. He just wants to get off on watching us run up the middle into a wall of 8-9 defenders. Sounds insane but the more I watch this team the more I come to this conclusion. The guy is fried upstairs.

Advertisement
Back