Dawson

Advertisement
Advertisement
Some of you are not too smart. You have a garbage QB..
Three QBs looked bad under the same OC.

There’s NO creativity. No use of the TE. He at least had guys in motion today to help JB with the defense. I watched three games yesterday and every OC runs circles around Dawson.

Other than called run plays what did he do differently for JB? NOTHING.

He’s awful.

There’s NO creativity. No use of the TE. He at least had guys in motion today to help JB with the defense. I watched three games yesterday and every OC runs circles around Dawson.

He’s awful.
But to @mossmadness point we also had 3 QBs last year that looked horrible

So what’s the common denominator

He’s awful.

One of which looked like a future superstar before getting stuck under Mario.

“But the players suck”

Advertisement
I understand your QB is who he is but that gameplan was trash.

When Dawson is in a good groove he can cook but his bad is really bad. The pace of play this team plays with is awful.

Dawson is quickly losing the leadway that most had afforded him.
Shannon and Mario need big time players to make big time plays. Maybe next year we'll have that for a full season. 🤞

I understand your QB is who he is but that gameplan was trash.

When Dawson is in a good groove he can cook but his bad is really bad. The pace of play this team plays with is awful.

Dawson is quickly losing the leadway that most had afforded him.

I’ve been on the Dawson isn’t good bandwagon for awhile

No rhythm with his playcalling. He doesn’t setup anything

No easy, schemed open plays

No creativity in screen game

Run game is super predictable

Redzone was bad for the majority of the year

Let it be known throughout CIS….

Until Dawson calls at least 4 consecutive “good games” I’m team mope and saying he sucks

Last edited:

Until Dawson calls at least 4 consecutive “good games” I’m team mood and saying he sucks
We actually hit the college football powerball this year when it comes to our offensive line

We will never get that lucky again having 5 guys play all season long

Gattis was dog**** but look at who was trotting out there on OL by the end of the season

Advertisement

Until Dawson calls at least 4 consecutive “good games” I’m team mope and saying he sucks
Bingo. All behind a top 5 OL he was gifted.

We actually hit the college football powerball this year when it comes to our offensive line

We will never get that lucky again having 5 guys play all season long

Gattis was dog**** but look at who was trotting out there on OL by the end of the season

Yep.

We had an elite OL and a QB who showed he can be a star in at least one kind of offense.

And none of it was enough to make Mario’s offense work.

Mario’s offense is impossible to make work.

When you need the Top Rated QB in the Portal and an elite OL just to hope you can score more than 2 TDs against P4 teams (or a single TD in some games), you have an offensive scheme problem.

Advertisement

He’s awful.
Exactly, I posted a video here of Dawson's offense last year and you can see Clayton Tune most of the time just sitting back patting the ball because nobody is open.

Dawson certainly isn’t the entirety of the problem, but neither is part of the solution

Bill Parcells observed that you are what your record says you are. And Dawson’s record as an OC has vacillated between mediocre and bad. He has never, ever coached anything but mediocre to bad offenses as an OC except when Dana Holgorsen was his HC who is himself very hands on with his offenses and has his own scheme

Stoops dumped Dawson after one season at KY, and Dawson was similarly mediocre to bad at SoMiss.

There has never been a year when Dawson has been an OC somewhere that we can point to and say, yeah, that’s the offensive performance I want.

And somehow he got hired as our OC in spite of zero first hand achievements as an OC.

Advertisement
Back