Dawson

Does not know that TE is an eligble WR.
Disney River GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think we have often looked prepared for other teams defensively. Whether or not we don’t have talent to play all 4 Q is another thing… I feel some teams have come prepared for our offense and we lack a counter
Spot on.

Yall MF'ers think EVERYBODY sucks after a loss.

Are we really complaining about an OC who was "gifted" the same QB, RB and WR unit from last year yet currently has us sitting as one of the top offenses in the entire country? In year one?!

He doesn't have his QB.
Doesn't have his RB's.
Doesn't have his WR's.

And this is the best, statistically, that our offense has been since...the early 2000's?

How does anyone see the improvement of our run game and our WR's and not say that Dawson is doing a good job?
If our RB's hold onto the ball and our veteran QB doesn't turn the ball over 2/3 times per game, we're probably undefeated.
oh **** ... don't come here speaking facts ... people don't like that

We're actually running the ball very well statistically. We even ran it well versus UNC but we couldn't afford to stick to it.

Furthermore, if I had a QB who was prone to turning the ball over, I'd prefer to win games running (and protecting) the ball.

We have struggled with a 3.4 YPC average against P5 teams this year.

Advertisement
"or is there a ‘we want to establish the run first’ order?"

This. I think it's this.

I didn't want to think that Mannio was handcuffing, but and correct me if wrong:

Recall the creativity in the first four games in the running game vs. lining up and running Lashlee ball vs. ACC opponents...

We did clearly come out to establish the run game first against Miami, Bethune and Temple - with the exception of opening up all options when we got down dearly vs. ATM....it worked because we had better athletes and in the ATM game, their tackling and secondary just sucked - we were lucky in that regard..

I really do think the evidence points to Mannio giving SOGs, not SOPs to Dawson on priorities and Dawson is complying.

I really do think that Mario prefers and asks Dawson to setup up a Lashlee ball running game against better opponents and then "go from there" attitude to see what we get.

I think Mannio simultaneously overestimates our Oline's capabilities and respects ACC defenses's ability to stuff "creative": running schemes.

Mannio wants to establish an in your face, then through your *** run game and it's not working as well.

This isn't based on an agenda to emotionally bash Mannio -
I think it just makes sense to him to have a run first culture and let Dawson do his thing once Mannio feels like we've set up the run.

It isn't working against our better opponents that actually play good defense, yes even GT.

They had a plan, knew our agenda and have limited what we can do based on what we're putting on tape. Then factor in the weaknesses of: TVD, penalties, TOs and here we are again.

How do you expect anyone to believe you when you do **** like "Mannio"

And that name sucks BTW... not creative. Doesn't fit, doesn't roll off the tongue. Think of a new one.

Last week Mario said he should have stepped in and said take a knee - implying/suggesting that Dawson made the decision to run a play with the game over last week.
That's just Mario trying to subtly push responsibility elsewhere. That's Mario not taking responsibility while almost appearing to.

This offense has Marios fingerprints all over it. Having non-serious TEs (Cam) as our widest WR is a 3 receiver set. All of the inside runs. Running every first down. In the A&M game we ran the same inside run on all but a couple 1st downs and got nowhere.

It's an offense that rarely goes fast. Always a weak attempt at "power spread" ****.

Mario is a bad head coach and will wreck any offense he's apart of.

Defense is a big liability. Almost all passing situations are met with the "prevent" and CBs playing 10yds off the ball.

Hopefully Dawson can overcome Mario.

Advertisement
I would give him a C+ grade so far. As others have already noted, the lack of use of the TE in the passing game is glaring. Are they just not part of our route concepts, or is TVD not targeting them?

I’m seeing too many passing plays with multiple receivers in the same area. This was an issue with Gattis last year as well, which makes me wonder if Mario is meddling in the offense.

And our running game has regressed. We’re back to running the ball into the guard’s *** every first down. It’s the one thing most of us didn’t like about Lashlee’s offense. Why have we stopped trying to run outside of the tackle box? There’s no creativity in this offense since the a&m game.

Also, in the last 2 games the defense is frequently putting 5 in the box and taking away the deep threat, yet TVD is still trying to force it deep. Do we not have any RPO’s in this offense? Can we not check down to a running play in these situations?
Runs the RPO alot. Except it only has the R in it.

Advertisement
What is everyone’s assessment of Dawson half way through the season, his improved the offense but I wasn’t a fan of the hire originally still not a fan for the hire would like to see him mix the tempo up no change up to keep the defense on there toes.
1st game I thought would be the beginning of “change” and was very excited

2-4 was at times left me guessing on our identity

5th game was a huge step backwards as we did nothing innovative against GTU and then…

6th game was atrocious, Yes TVD got great stats but in garbage time

Overall I would say C as their is till no identity and the O is very one dimensional, not saying is “Nix” offense but….

We did. I feel like for so many years, it was 3 and outs that was the main issue on offense. Now, it seems that ball security has become a huge problem, whether it's a back fumbling, or TVD throwing picks because he's locking on to Restrepo.

The turnovers last night were almost impossible to overcome, against a better team.
Yea TVD couldn’t realize GT was in cover 2. Still forcing bone headed mistakes down field into double coverage. He needs to go through progressions better. Defenses started noticing he just looks on way.

Advertisement
Back