Dawg Tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
While we enjoy the pain of the Gators, the Bama board is really enjoying the pain of the Dawgs. From their 247 board:

The title is "Kirby Smart Recruiting Pitches"

Kirby's recruiting pitches are full of unfulfilled promises and throwing shade at other schools. So I asked myself, if I'm Kirby Smart, what promises can I feel good about?

) "Your son will be safe at Georgia."
Nope. Since Kirby arrived at UGA in 2016, Georgia leads the SEC in player arrests. Ouch.

2.) "I'll make sure your son gets a valuable education."
Maybe, if he's white. However, Georgia's graduation rate among black football players is one of the nation's worse at 36%. So basically, only one in every three black football players will graduate from Georgia. Unacceptable.

3.) But, who needs a degree when, "Georgia gives you the best shot at making it to the NFL."
Not even close. From 2010-present there are seven other schools proven to give you a better chance at making it to the NFL than Georgia. As if you already didn't know, Bama is #1. Ohio State is a very distant #2.

4.) "If you come to Georgia, you're pretty much guaranteed to start."
Justin Fields says hello, and he's not alone. Look at Georgia's transfer list over the years and pay close attention to what those players are saying (and what they're not saying) when they transfer. Hmmmm, sounds exactly like unfulfilled promises to me.

5.) "Come be a part of something special, come win a Natty!"
Bwahahaha!!! Despite Kirby's best efforts, Georgia hasn't won a National Championship since 1980. 1980!! To put that into context, the high school seniors he's trying desperately to recruit were born in 2003. LOL!

6.) "Stay home and support your home state."
While there's nothing wrong with this statement, it's certainly not indicative of what other top players in Georgia are doing. Georgia doesn't have a competitive in-state rival so it's not like recruits are staying home because they're choosing the "other" in-state school. Instead, they're leaving the state in droves. Last year for example, Georgia signed only two (two!) of the top 20 recruits in "Georgia." That's interesting. I wonder why that is?

7.) "Bama? No way, Saban is about to retire."
Kirby's been trying to sell this crap for nearly five years now. Instead, the greatest coach in the history of college football just keeps on winning and it doesn't matter who his assistants are. Speaking of...

8.) "It's all over now, we've got Cochran - the critical piece to Bama's war machine, the mastermind behind The Process."
Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! First of all, Cochran is a strength and conditioning coach in disguise at Georgia as a special teams coach. Good luck with that. But regardless, have you seen Bama's progress under Ballou and Dr. Rhea? Yeah, Saban knows what he's doing.

ouch! the truth hurts.....

So, here's the perspective of a respected "insider" on the Bama board. This guy predicted a "rough cycle" for Kirby months ago.... He makes alot of very valid points.....

The first thing Kirby did was lie to high school coaches and players in the state of Georgia. Time after time, he promised certain things and did not deliver. Justin Fields is the most obvious example of those promises not being fulfilled. That caused a significant amount of bitterness. Early success tempered those issues, but they never went away.

Don’t think for a minute that Kirby going out and getting JT Daniels after promising Julian Newman the starting job if he left Wake Forest hasn’t caused a problem in that program. Jake Fromm/Justin Fields part two with same vanilla outcome However, this time, you are playing with Newman’s career, as he has no other place to go. When, not if he doesn’t start, That program could implode given the SJW status of many players currently It does not matter that Newman cannot pick up the complicated new offense. It does not matter that Daniels is probably a better quarterback. All that matters is that Newman was promised the job, and that promise was not kept… Again

Last cycle, Kirby went national with “the program”. Go check out last year’s top players in Georgia and you will see that the dogs did not target those players as aggressively as they have in the past. Those they did target were skeptical And the results were obvious they did not buy what Kirby was selling. This was a result of the unfulfilled promises, lies and hot air emanating from both the head coach and the staff generally.

Do not doubt the money. The TE from Vegas made five unofficial trips to Georgia. His mom doesn’t work. Kirby was so desperate for a recruiting title that he could sell, he literally got the bags out and did what was necessary.

All that being said, something is amiss in Athens…… Is the Faustian promise being played? Could be great theater this fall

Always fun to watch your rivals burn, and like someone else said, I never even cared about Georgia until they started coming down here. I actually kind of dug them.

On another note...“SJW” doin a lot of work here. Dude told on himself right away.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1610405319987.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Perhaps if Kirby wasn’t such a lying scum bag, he would have been a CB and not a “star” and he would still be there. We thought of him as a safety, recruited him as such. He didn’t like it and we never got him. Now we need CBS. Honesty is underrated but certainly difficult for others to achieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back