Davon Reed gets a start for Phoenix!

Its a terrible point though and false. I just took a look at the past 8 drafts and 4 of the last 8 National Championship teams had atleast 1 one and done. There are at most 6-7 teams per year with a one and done on their team and at least 80 teams with multiple 4 stars that stay all 4 years. So over the past 8 years there where 52 teams with one and dones and they won 4 nattys. There where 640 teams with 4 stars that stayed all four years and they won 4 nattys. Which is the clearer path?

You are picking and choosing the stats that serve your purpose. The relevant question is how many years has the team with the most one-and-dones won the title? I haven't looked it up, but I'm assuming it has happened 2 years (1 Duke team and 1 Kentucky team). Building a team around multiple one-and-dones has not been proven to be the best path to a title.

Advertisement
You are picking and choosing the stats that serve your purpose. The relevant question is how many years has the team with the most one-and-dones won the title? I haven't looked it up, but I'm assuming it has happened 2 years (1 Duke team and 1 Kentucky team). Building a team around multiple one-and-dones has not been proven to be the best path to a title.

No you just are refusing to face facts. If you want to look at it that way then how many teams have had multiple one and dones in a year? 10 in the past 8 years. 20% of those teams have won a natty. That is a MUCH higher percentage than any other mix of players. When you have 1 or 2 teams a year with multiple one and dones and 100+ teams that don't then obviously the stats favor the 100+ teams to win the championship, but if you where to break down each and every team the ones with multiple one and dones have the best odds. There is a reason why all of the top coaches try to lock them down.

I don't remember the point of this discussion anyway. We aren't getting the one and dones anymore, so it doesn't matter.

Advertisement
Wow. Good for Davon. He seems like he's got a good head on his shoulders and won't blow through the dough.

Advertisement
Back