Davon Reed gets a start for Phoenix!

Please tell me you are joking about GM having the easiest road to the FF. Outside of them facing a 7 seed in the Sweet 16, they faced the seed they were supposed to face in every other round. Following them beating the 6 seed, they faced the 3, and the 1(And extremely popular national champion pick) in the Elite 8. What the **** are you talking about? They beat Michigan State, UNC and UConn on their way to the FF, that's a **** good haul for anyone, much less someone in the CAA.

By the way, landing guys who are 3-4 stars(and maybe landing the occasional elite guy), and developing them is the way you win. Look at the 2012 team, look at what Villanova has consistently done of late, same with UNC. Roy Williams has consistently been out recruited by Calipari, but look at who has had the better post season runs of late. Team continuity is important, especially in a single elimination tournament format. Unless you are far and away better than everyone else, it's tough to get these hired gun type of teams to stick together.

I am looking at both teams and they both have multiple 5 stars and they are continuing to recruit more.I mean they made the elite 4 even cake walks to the elite four have a couple good teams. My point was that you can't go and say: however far you go in the tournament often has to do with your bracket and then in another thread talk about how great L is because he made it to the elite 4 when he had a very easy path to the elite 4 compared to almost every other path to the elite four.

Advertisement
I am looking at both teams and they both have multiple 5 stars and they are continuing to recruit more.I mean they made the elite 4 even cake walks to the elite four have a couple good teams. My point was that you can't go and say: however far you go in the tournament often has to do with your bracket and then in another thread talk about how great L is because he made it to the elite 4 when he had a very easy path to the elite 4 compared to almost every other path to the elite four.
It's called the Final 4 lol. You said elite 4 like 9 times in that post. That's too many times to get it wrong. Lol

Villanova's best player was a 5 star. They and UNC have had multiple 5 stars..

I guess you didn't bother to read when I said the occasional elite guy. Yes, DiVincenzo is a talent, but when you look at the entire Villanova roster, there aren't a ton of guys that you look at as "Hey, that's a lottery pick". Compare Villanova, compare UNC's roster to what you see at Duke, to other schools that are all in on the One and Done types.

The bottom line is that it's pretty clear at this point that building a team full of one and dones is not the most likely path to a championship.

Advertisement
I guess you didn't bother to read when I said the occasional elite guy. Yes, DiVincenzo is a talent, but when you look at the entire Villanova roster, there aren't a ton of guys that you look at as "Hey, that's a lottery pick". Compare Villanova, compare UNC's roster to what you see at Duke, to other schools that are all in on the One and Done types.
Well @OriginalGatorHater's point was "It is almost impossible for anyteam to be filled with 1 and done's, but to make deep runs consistently and have shots at winning it all you need a couple 5 stars."

What are you trying to argue then? The point wasn't that they have to be unanimous lottery picks. Just 5 stars.

The bottom line is that it's pretty clear at this point that building a team full of one and dones is not the most likely path to a championship.

Not even considering the fact that it is so hard to secure one and done. Since they leave after 1 year you cant just stack 5 star recruits like football, but if you where somehow able to land 5 1 and done's 2 Guards, 2 forwards, and 1 center(which is a team full of one and dones) would most likely get you a ship.

First of all they had 3 5 star starters this year plus numerous very high ranked 4 stars. Second you are making a terrible argument. I will take a look at Duke and I will take a look at the other big time one and done schools. What do I see? Teams that make deep runs every single year.

Not even considering the fact that it is so hard to secure one and done. Since they leave after 1 year you cant just stack 5 star recruits like football, but if you where somehow able to land 5 1 and done's 2 Guards, 2 forwards, and 1 center(which is a team full of one and dones) would most likely get you a ship.

Duke started 4 one and dones this year and didn't make the final 4.

Kentucky has been stacking teams full of one and dones since Cal got there. K has apparently adopted that business model.

Advertisement
Duke started 4 one and dones this year and didn't make the final 4.

Kentucky has been stacking teams full of one and dones since Cal got there. K has apparently adopted that business model.

So you consider a 23 in a row NCAA streak while making it to the elite 8 50% of the time in this decade along with 2 ships as not something we should try to emulate? Or Kentuckys 17 NCAA streak in a row with 6 elite 8 appearances in this decade, 4 elite 4, 2 final appearances and 1 championship is not good either?

So you consider a 23 in a row NCAA streak while making it to the elite 8 50% of the time in this decade along with 2 ships as not something we should try to emulate? Or Kentuckys 17 NCAA streak in a row with 6 elite 8 appearances in this decade, 4 elite 4, 2 final appearances and 1 championship is not good either?

Duke's titles were not from heavy one and done teams.

Duke's titles were not from heavy one and done teams.

Not only is that not true considering Jabari Parker lead the team in scoring and rebounding and he was a 1 and done during Dukes most recent championship run. Rodney hood was another that was expected to be a 1 and done, but came back for a second season to boost his draft ranking. But the entire roster was loaded with 5 stars. Coach K is known as 1 of the best coaches of all time and Duke can pull whatever recruits they want. Especially guys who actually want to stay all four years because Duke is one of the best schools that is not an Ivy. If he thought it would be beneficial to stop getting 5 stars he would. Even coach Wright said : Said Wright: Well, the reason we stick to it is we can’t get the one-and-done guys. We’re trying. We really are.

Not only is that not true considering Jabari Parker lead the team in scoring and rebounding and he was a 1 and done during Dukes most recent championship run. Rodney hood was another that was expected to be a 1 and done, but came back for a second season to boost his draft ranking. But the entire roster was loaded with 5 stars. Coach K is known as 1 of the best coaches of all time and Duke can pull whatever recruits they want. Especially guys who actually want to stay all four years because Duke is one of the best schools that is not an Ivy. If he thought it would be beneficial to stop getting 5 stars he would. Even coach Wright said : Said Wright: Well, the reason we stick to it is we can’t get the one-and-done guys. We’re trying. We really are.
Jahlil Okafor, not Jabari.

Overall, you are right. Freshman lead that team in Okafor, Tyrus Jones, Justice Winslow and Greyson Allen in the Tourny. But they had plenty of upperclassmen in Quinn Cook, Amile Jefferson, Rasheed Sulaimon, and Marshell Plumlee

Advertisement
Jahlil Okafor, not Jabari.

Overall, you are right. Freshman lead that team in Okafor, Tyrus Jones, Justice Winslow and Greyson Allen in the Tourny. But they had plenty of upperclassmen in Quinn Cook, Amile Jefferson, Rasheed Sulaimon, and Marshell Plumlee

I was referring to the year they won the NC the 2013-14 season when Jabari lead the team in both rebounding and scoring. Yes there where upper classmen, but the debate is whether we should recruit 4 stars or 5 stars, but TC lost that argument and now switched it up to 1 and dones. Regardless, I am not sure if TC think there are teams with 5+ 1 and dones, but having 2-3 1 and dones on the same team will qualify you as the team with the most one and dones basically every year.

I was referring to the year they won the NC the 2013-14 season when Jabari lead the team in both rebounding and scoring. Yes there where upper classmen, but the debate is whether we should recruit 4 stars or 5 stars, but TC lost that argument and now switched it up to 1 and dones. Regardless, I am not sure if TC think there are teams with 5+ 1 and dones, but having 2-3 1 and dones on the same team will qualify you as the team with the most one and dones basically every year.
I agree. But Jabari lost in the 2nd round to Mercer. He was the only 1 and done\top recruit on the squad. The next year when they had 3 one and done with Okafor is when they won the natty.

I agree. But Jabari lost in the 2nd round to Mercer. He was the only 1 and done\top recruit on the squad. The next year when they had 3 one and done with Okafor is when they won the natty.

You are right I was looking at the 2014 draft when I should have looked at the 15. That actually proves my point even more though lol. They had 3 1 and dones the year they won the natty.

Advertisement
My point is not that you can't win titles with one and dones. My point is that it is not the clearest path to a title. If it wss, Cal would have shelves full of titles.

My point is not that you can't win titles with one and dones. My point is that it is not the clearest path to a title. If it wss, Cal would have shelves full of titles.

Its a terrible point though and false. I just took a look at the past 8 drafts and 4 of the last 8 National Championship teams had atleast 1 one and done. There are at most 6-7 teams per year with a one and done on their team and at least 80 teams with multiple 4 stars that stay all 4 years. So over the past 8 years there where 52 teams with one and dones and they won 4 nattys. There where 640 teams with 4 stars that stayed all four years and they won 4 nattys. Which is the clearer path?

Advertisement
Back