2025 Davon Mitchell 5* TE from Los Alamitos, CA (‘24 Reclass Likely) [commits to OU]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miami’s last offense was dog****…

Dawson has question marks as to whether it was he or Dana…

Mario has a terrible offensive reputation…

Mario and Dawson need to overcome that in the recruiting room. Today they didn’t.
That's exactly what I figure it is that things will be a lot more clear and easier to sell with good offense and points on the board this year

Advertisement
okay. You can just be an adult and tell me I'm wrong and your reason for disagreement. But oooooh, they should have left me in purgatory just because you felt a certain way about what I said? was it a personal attack towards you? And that's the main problem with y'all on here. Y'all take everything so personal.

But I apologize if it seemed that I was attacking you or my statement annoyed you. If you want me in purgatory then hey, tell them to put me in it. I'll live.
You’re potential time in purgatory is limited to 1-2 hour increments. Lol

Right! No personal attack at him. I rock him with. I'm just not understanding the reason that was given.
Yea I know when put up a lot of points on the board this fall it will be a lot easier to explain and sell the offense

I don't know bro I just thought they broke down the year by year plans on how they were being used, or maybe the staff couldn't articulate it to them well enough to them like you said. Maybe with better offensive play this year it will be easier for WRs no matter how they articulate it

At this level as you well know it's slim margins. We aren't getting the benefit of the doubt and yes 💯 we can do better articulating and explaining. That's not a one off it's **** near consensus and there's only one or two common denominators. Im cautiously optimistic we are who we say we are on offense. Like others have said I can't remember a season that would have more impact on recruits thinking of coming here.

I'm simply stating one of the pieces that led to a decision. It's not the "sole reason" but when the deliberation came down it's not always hey they outbid us and they were always going there and Miami was never in contention that the CIS narrative always goes when we lose someone.
Okay. I can understand that to a degree. I can see how it definitely was a factor. I guess I just don't understand how a kid can know these things and still seriously consider us up until the last minute and then the blame goes on the staff for dropping the ball. It's really nothing more they could have done.

Just my opinion.

Advertisement
There's a difference between showing them something and something that clicks with them and compels them to come here but again what do I know... I guess all offensive players this year just don't want to come to Miami minus a couple of players.
I mean only WRs, and 1 TE - which is a position we've been recruiting really well. Certainly not having that problem at RB or OLine. Oline the problem right now is nobody likely thinks they're getting any PT for 2+ years min. QB I fully think we're just locked in on getting a portal guy for next season.

Like you said. We're just gunna have to prove it on the field this year (funnily no one else has to actually do that *A&M*)... we're just special like that.

At this level as you well know it's slim margins. We aren't getting the benefit of the doubt and yes 💯 we can do better articulating and explaining. That's not a one off it's **** near consensus and there's only one or two common denominators. Im cautiously optimistic we are who we say we are on offense. Like others have said I can't remember a season that would have more impact on recruits thinking of coming here.
Yea going against all these powerhouse teams no margin for error in recruiting especially with OU being the heavy favorite for months in the first place. this season could spring board us big time also we have exciting offense I believe that seals us a top 10 class for 2024 and then a top 3 class for 2025 with that momentum. Like it's wild how critical this season is

I mean only WRs, and 1 TE - which is a position we've been recruiting really well. Certainly not having that problem at RB or OLine. Oline the problem right now is nobody likely thinks they're getting any PT for 2+ years min. QB I fully think we're just locked in on getting a portal guy for next season.

We missed on several QB recruits. The plan wasn't always portal. And to say only WRs is a **** of a statement lol. We are recruiting RB and OL well no doubt. Can't discount that. It's show me time with plenty of guys.

We missed on several QB recruits. The plan wasn't always portal. And to say only WRs is a **** of a statement lol. We are recruiting RB and OL well no doubt. Can't discount that. It's show me time with plenty of guys.
Well you said offensive guys So I limited it to that purposefully lol

Advertisement
thanks for sharing the info brother as usual very much appreciated. Love that you never sugsr coat anything. Good or bad 💯

Like you said. We're just gunna have to prove it on the field this year (funnily no one else has to actually do that *A&M*)... we're just special like that.

The thing about A&M is parents believe in BFP. You put him in a film room and he's a savant. Going head to head with him for a WR is tough. Ask Kliff haha

The thing about A&M is parents believe in BFP. You put him in a film room and he's a savant. Going head to head with him for a WR is tough. Ask Kliff haha
Well they got two 5star WR before Petrino too... And now have basically 2 more this class..
Also I couldn't imagine putting my faith in Petrino lol. Sure as an offensive guy he's great. Will he be there 2 years?

Advertisement
I agree in general but I can’t continue to bend the rule as it suits us. At some point we’re just taking mass L’s. And those schools are who we are competing with when we chose to go for these top recruits. If we’re not up for it then why are we doing this? We beat those schools for Samson, Bain and Mauigoa last year so it’s possible. We’re getting cucked this year. James Nesta and Gilmore both picked Oklahoma as well. It’s not just Bama and Ohio State.

If I'm not mistaken we recruited Samson, Bain and Mauigoa for as long or longer than anyone else. Were talking about Miami coming in at the last second or in the middle of a recruitment and trying to steal a kid. Dont know much about GIlmore but we didnt hear anything about Nesta being recruited until not long before he made a decision. He wasnt on any players we have to sign list or cant miss on list I've seen that we do on here.

Advertisement
Okay. I can understand that to a degree. I can see how it definitely was a factor. I guess I just don't understand how a kid can know these things and still seriously consider us up until the last minute and then the blame goes on the staff for dropping the ball. It's really nothing more they could have done.

Just my opinion.
I get what you're saying. Makes me wonder if he decided he didn't like what he heard more than it wasn't clear. wouldn't you like to know what Venables told him??? I do.

If I'm not mistaken we recruited Samson, Bain and Mauigoa for as long or longer than anyone else. Were talking about Miami coming in at the last second or in the middle of a recruitment and trying to steal a kid. Dont know much about GIlmore but we didnt hear anything about Nesta being recruited until not long before he made a decision. He wasnt on any players we have to sign list or cant miss on list I've seen that we do on here.
We missed on Noland and Ionata who we recruited longer than those two top schools. We’ve beaten those schools for kids. If we aren’t up to it then we have no business trying to battle them for recruits. We can’t just say “well… it’s Bama.” I get that it’s Bama but if that’s the problem then don’t go after kids Bama and the like want. We also beat Bama for Riley. It does happen and they were likely recruiting him longer.

For the most part, we’ve gotten our clock cleaned on all but 1 top target at their position thus far and 25% of July is gone. Like I said, there are a number of our top targets and higher level targets left and we can still end up with a good to great class but time’s ticking and our top individual targets have been committing elsewhere thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back