Davis becomes 2nd commit in as many days to shut it down

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
After Canes DT commit Nesta Silvera announced yesterday that he would be "shutting down" his recruitment, Davis followed suit today and did the same. He does not plan on taking any visits and will be a December signee.

Sources say that there are a couple more commits who are planning to also shut their recruitment down soon.

[TWEET]899327828851871745[/TWEET]

Advertisement
This is very good. Get these kids 100% locked in. Best thing is it means they aren't going to OV to other schools. Still gotta recruit them just as hard though, cause those other schools aren't going to stop

Is there a certain reason why the kids are coming out now and ****ting it down? Is this kinda to just prove a point that we have a lot of good kids committed and bring some momentum to the class? I just feel like recruiting has been kinda down lately cause we have everyone we want committed

Advertisement
Lol this "reaffirming" **** is hilarious. Nobody thought Davis was wavering on his commitment anyway but hey...might as well have a reason to tweet a new edit out

Best RB duo in the country coming in to college. Every time I see this kid I am more impressed. Workhorse RBs can certainly mask QB issues. Can't wait for these guys to get here.

Lol this "reaffirming" **** is hilarious. Nobody thought Davis was wavering on his commitment anyway but hey...might as well have a reason to tweet a new edit out

People will find anything to complain about.

How is this not good? More publicity during a quiet period in recruiting. Very smart of the class and/or coaches as this seems orchestrated.

Advertisement

People will find anything to complain about

Not really. Did anyone think Davis was going anywhere but Miami? That's my point. I was pleased with Silvera shutting it down bc he was wavering hard.

Exactly people will say, " well why is he talking/ visiting other schools" or on the other hand,"why is he reaffirming his commitment" lol. You said it best, people just love to complain

People will find anything to complain about

Not really. Did anyone think Davis was going anywhere but Miami? That's my point. I was pleased with Silvera shutting it down bc he was wavering hard.
Pete said several commitments would make those statements shortly. He didn't give a time frame but he hinted it on one of his podcast in the last 2 weeks

Advertisement

Momentum is huge in recruiting. Two stars doing this in two days is a huge deal even if people don't think it's relevant. Our fans always complain about kids not "leading" the class or being "flag bearers" now we have two guys doing it and still complaints surface.

If you don't like the recruiting game then what the **** are you doing here? It may be symbolic but it's still a big deal.

After Canes DT commit Nesta Silvera announced yesterday that he would be "shutting down" his recruitment, Davis followed suit today and did the same. He does not plan on taking any visits and will be a December signee.

Sources say that there are a couple more commits who are planning to also shut their recruitment down soon.

[TWEET]899327828851871745[/TWEET]

Great news Pete.

Momentum is huge in recruiting. Two stars doing this in two days is a huge deal even if people don't think it's relevant. Our fans always complain about kids not "leading" the class or being "flag bearers" now we have two guys doing it and still complaints surface.

If you don't like the recruiting game then what the **** are you doing here? It may be symbolic but it's still a big deal.

Missing my point lol. A guy like Silvera who was wavering hard shutting it down is huge. Davis was never going anywhere. Let me know when tyson campbell commits tho

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back