David Njoku

187.jpg

Here's a pic posted a little while ago on his twitter. Apparently he was attempting 7'1. Not sure if he got it. Either way, it's impressive -- especially at 6'4, 220.

Here's a couple links for quick access (I know we're all very familiar with him at this point):
David Njoku, Miami, Tight End
David Njoku - Hudl

I don't know much about him; just that he was a former soccer player -- could be wrong. I'm not exactly sure how soccer translates to football. Maybe good feet and balance are the side effects? Clearly, he's an impressive athlete. Where do we see him fitting in our offense? How much weight can he hold on his frame? How early can he play? What does OSU's late push on him mean? Did we get a steal?

Discuss.

I decided to bump this thread from a couple years back.

Let's revisit this conversation now that a good amount of time has passed. What does Njoku's emergence tell us? He is obviously a freakish athlete. What other qualities does he have that are making him successful? Attitude? Toughness? Hand-eye coordination? How much of his success can we attribute to his freakish physical ability? What are his best physical attributes? Explosiveness? Balance? Measurables?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back