David Hale ACC preview

Smith needs time to build and develop. Not fair to judge anything based off what happens in Bama game. Hopefully, he progresses as the season goes on. Unfortunately, I do not have faith in Patke (even though I hear he is knowledgeable) to develop our LB’s.
Meh...Hes a 3rd year player. Lets not make his bail money too low here. This isnt a T-Fr being trotted out there. He shouldnt be a deer in headlights thats for **** sure.

Guys like KSmith, Harvey, Cam Williams, SBrooks, Huff dont need to be shot anymore bail money. They need to take that "3rd year quantum leap" at this point of their careers. Time to show what you can do and remind people why they were all mid-upper level 4* recruits out of HS. (not picking on the defense but I cant think of any 3rd year offensive players worth mentioning. Jeremiah Payton came to mind but I think that dude is in his 4th year right? He might just need to move on at this point)

Advertisement
Meh...Hes a 3rd year player. Lets not make his bail money too low here. This isnt a T-Fr being trotted out there. He shouldnt be a deer in headlights thats for **** sure.

Guys like KSmith, Harvey, Cam Williams, SBrooks, Huff dont need to be shot anymore bail money. They need to take that "3rd year quantum leap" at this point of their careers. Time to show what you can do and remind people why they were all mid-upper level 4* recruits out of HS. (not picking on the defense but I cant think of any 3rd year offensive players worth mentioning. Jeremiah Payton came to mind but I think that dude is in his 4th year right? He might just need to move on at this point)
I didn’t realize this was his 3rd year. Idk why I thought it was his 2nd and with little experience. If that is the case, then I agree, it’s time to rock and roll.

I hate UNC...but if we're fair we've already seen what Howell can do without his weapons...cue up the OB game vs A&M...they'll have a deadly OFF this year as well. I

Side note: I do think we get them this year though and break the 2 game win streak
I know @HighSeas, whose opinion I value as much as anyone on this board, doesn't like Howell.

Personally, I think he throws the best deep ball in CFB.

Advertisement
Makes sense considering the amount of experience we'll have on the backend. At CB we go 4 deep with players who have starting experience. At safety we have 3 players, excluding Amari Carter who is now a Striker, with starting experience.
Also, amari carter will be unavailable for approximately 95% of the season because of targeting

3 yards after contact is frighteningly terrible.

Only one way to go after last year, though. I guess….????

Getting Jennings and McCloud the **** off the football field will do nothing but help, in all seriousness. I think the unit will be better with the young kids a year older and the Keontra move. But I don’t think it’s realistic to think it’ll go from the bottom quarter of the league to the top quarter. If we can just be average at backer, with the secondary as good as it is and we know Manny is going to get good edge play, we should be OK. There is a lot of experienced depth inside. I’m not sure there’s any high NFL talent, as far as the older kids go, but there are at least several dudes who can play. Would sure be nice for someone like JHH to develop into an NFL kid. We’ll see.

Advertisement
LB instincts and ability to read a play has nothing to do with how hard they work in the weight room. It's on the staff to hit on their evaluations in recruiting.
This is true but when it comes to yards after contact there is one play that stands out, and it was from the bowl game. OSU ran a dive near the GL and Steed met the RB in the hole. The OSU RB ran right through the tackle and into the endzone. Steed may have tried to strip the ball but he didn't exactly stone the guy like I was expecting.

Dispute this:

Some of these stats lead one to believe that our S&C program is not up to snuff.
You aren’t allowed to say that. Everybody here claims Feeley is a god, but all I see is it taking 3 guys to make tackles and our O line getting pushed back 3 yards every snap. And I’m not talking about drop backs only, where technique matters. I’m talking about lining up and getting 1 yard. We can’t push anyone off the ball.

Advertisement
LB instincts and ability to read a play has nothing to do with how hard they work in the weight room. It's on the staff to hit on their evaluations in recruiting.
This is it. To be a title contender you have to hit on a high number of recruits. I will add you also have to develop them.

Why is Ukulele ranked above King at quarterback? I don’t even remember the guy playing anything more than mop up last year.

I think Lawrence will be harder to replace than people are saying.

Advertisement
Cant say it enough but T-Rob drools at the thought of what Ivey can do in his scheme so maybe we are missing something here. Would love for him to turn into this "Al Harris" type bump and run, man coverage maniac overnight like T-Rob thinks he can become! lol.

What happens to a strong, long armed corner that is a little slow but isn’t allowed to jam receivers?

Ask DJ Ivey.

I think we will like Ivey digging those paws in receivers, disrupting routes and causing sacks and pressures. Asking him to play that shadow technique was bound to have bad plays.

What happens to a strong, long armed corner that is a little slow but isn’t allowed to jam receivers?

Ask DJ Ivey.

I think we will like Ivey digging those paws in receivers, disrupting routes and causing sacks and pressures. Asking him to play that shadow technique was bound to have bad plays.
If ivey can learn to turn his head around... he'd be fine

Advertisement
Back