David Feeley & S&C: Miami is much Smaller, far less physical, slower and less intimidating than Bama

we have lacked explosive strength since B,Davis S&C staff left. we are in the dark ages when it comes to explosive strength.
we always get man handled at LOS on both sides of ball period....
time for a deep dive into what we are doing wrong in S &C....
MOFFITT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring him home please

Advertisement
Are they putting too much mass on too quickly?
Feely said “we will will be an Olympic lifting program”
For the performance gurus, is this an optimal way to approach football?
I know it has it’s place but sometimes too much of one thing isn’t a good idea.
I see our players bigger but not faster.
Cam and rooster look stiff to me.
Mallory looked faster and quicker at paradise camp than his senior year.
I feel like this also needs to be revamped.
Brooks plays against FIU and I said “who tf is that”
Cam comes in for a few plays his first time and hits the whole “now that’s what a Miami running back supposed to look like”
A few years in and they look great physically but slower. I’m concerned we might do the same with rooster.

Are they putting too much mass on too quickly?
Feely said “we will will be an Olympic lifting program”
For the performance gurus, is this an optimal way to approach football?
I know it has it’s place but sometimes too much of one thing isn’t a good idea.
I see our players bigger but not faster.
Cam and rooster look stiff to me.
Mallory looked faster and quicker at paradise camp than his senior year.
I feel like this also needs to be revamped.
Brooks plays against FIU and I said “who tf is that”
Cam comes in for a few plays his first time and hits the whole “now that’s what a Miami running back supposed to look like”
A few years in and they look great physically but slower. I’m concerned we might do the same with rooster.
@Poopscoop told ya'll our S&C and Nutrition program/s are comical...and he was at UM when both were the best in CFB...

Advertisement
Physicality aside you play like you practice. Manny obviously does not believe in practicing physical so how does anyone expect them to play physical?
?

Miami is much smaller, less physical, slower and far less intimidating than Alabama. Some of this is a coaching philosophy thing, some of it the fact that we don’t tackle to the ground in practice (huge mistake, IMO), but how is this not an indictment of the S&C??

This team is not even close to being intimidating, and we were so much smaller and less physical than Alabama, it was shocking to see. And Alabama isn’t a one-off.

Even UNC was faaaaar more physical and stronger than Miami last season. Clemson was far stronger and more physical.

The S&C guy was at Ball State and Temple, and Im seeing Ball State and Temple results.
The players at Bama are genetically larger. It isn't an S&C issue.

Advertisement
Back