David Coburn, FSU AD. Speaks

JTKoval

Cane for Life
He had a presser and said the the decision would be made by the president, himself AND the boosters as the boosters will be paying the money. This all after a search firm is engaged. I don’t think I have heard that before. The boosters part.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Guess the days of Sam Jankovich are well behind college football. Can’t believe Sam would have been waiting on booster input. Maybe I am naive.

Advertisement
He had a presser and said the the decision would be made by the president, himself AND the boosters as the boosters will be paying the money. This all after a search firm is engaged. I don’t think I have heard that before. The boosters part.
Sure, why not? After all, the boosters are the ones who buy the recruits.

FSU needs the booster support, because they can't afford it on their own. This is just more ineptitude from FSU. Let me ask, what's going to happen when the next coach fails? This win at all costs has now caused some weird form of derangement among FSU fans and boosters. This isn't going to end well for them. The CULTURE is broken, and this is just more proof of that.

FSU needs the booster support, because they can't afford it on their own. This is just more ineptitude from FSU. Let me ask, what's going to happen when the next coach fails? This win at all costs has now caused some weird form of derangement among FSU fans and boosters. This isn't going to end well for them. The CULTURE is broken, and this is just more proof of that.

Just imagine the first time some drunk, bloated booster tells Soops "Hey man, I pay your salary."

Oof.

Advertisement
Guess the days of Sam Jankovich are well behind college football. Can’t believe Sam would have been waiting on booster input. Maybe I am naive.

In this situation .. FSU running the athletic department in the red .. boosters chipping in to provide the $17 million dollar buyout money .. and those same boosters being able to fund additional "requirements" down the road .. the AD is being smart.

Advertisement
Just imagine the first time some drunk, bloated booster tells Soops "Hey man, I pay your salary."

Oof.
It's going to get uuuugly. This FSU dumpster fire just added a few tons of steaming Renegade **** to the mix. Any coach that tries to lay down the law on the players will be faced with resistance from those boosters, who want to win now. Again..., uuuuugly.

Booster pressure and money with one strong member of BOT was exactly what got Howard. It not unusual but it is strange to admit it.

Advertisement
Back