Dave Feeley UM Strength Coach WQAM Interview

......** man, he said "Don't rise to the occasion, fall back on your training". Al Golden quoted that ** like 20 times. I know it's just BS quotes but i think it's a ******* stupid quote.

It's a complete contradiction to "Big time players make big time plays in big time games".

It’s a Navy Seal quote. The idea is that your training is drilled into your mental so much that when **** hits the fan,instead of going John Wayne (which few people actually ever do) you will sink to the level of your training due to muscle memory. Golden ruined it by sucking so bad.

Advertisement
During ABGD training at Ft Dix, they would always push "the more you sweat during peace time, the less you bleed during war time"...I'm sure the phrase wasn't originally coined in NJ, but I've always loved it.

Jus got back from Ft. Dix. Was doing field training in the cold. Sucked lol.

Goodness I miss SONNY HIRSCH, Joe Z is a sportscaster and says the Phillies won the Super Bowl...sad! Nice that Feeley blew it off.

This hire imo is equally as important as the Enos & Baker hire.

Championships start with the S&C program, if you don't have a no nonsense Strength coach to push your players & demand they work their asses off in the weight room, their won't be much winning going on in your program.

We'll know we back when we beat the brakes off teams that have less talent than us & that doesn't require a whole lot of schematic advantages, but when we can line up against the weaker teams & just flat out bully'em because we're bigger/faster/stronger, that'll be a direct reflection of the S&C coach.

Advertisement
Great interview.
Recommend everyone listen.

Can hear the passion/urgency/aggression in his voice. Diaz definitely has a clear vision for this program.

During ABGD training at Ft Dix, they would always push "the more you sweat during peace time, the less you bleed during war time"...I'm sure the phrase wasn't originally coined in NJ, but I've always loved it.
We had a similar one. The more you sweat and bleed here, the less you will sweat and bleed out there.

Championships start with the S&C program, if you don't have a no nonsense Strength coach to push your players & demand they work their asses off in the weight room, their won't be much winning going on in your program.

We'll know we back when we beat the brakes off teams that have less talent than us & that doesn't require a whole lot of schematic advantages, but when we can line up against the weaker teams & just flat out bully'em because we're bigger/faster/stronger, that'll be a direct reflection of the S&C coach.
Well said El

Advertisement

The S&CC is a direct reflection of the HC. The team is a direct reflection of the HC. Ergo the S&C coach the is a direct reflection of the HC. Transitive properties my *****...

What worries me about this hire is that it seems as if Feeley and Diaz just crossed paths during his 2 week tenure at temple and that this hire was also basically announced immediately. Guys resume is underwhelming and while I do trust Diaz, I just wonder if this guy is the real deal.

Advertisement
Really hoping for the best with this guy.

But ... He sounds, almost, exactly like Al Golden.

Lots of used car salesman in that interview.

Advertisement
I'm a lil drunk, so they all line up, GO CANES MY * WE FINNA SHAKE **** UP!!!!!
Ergo the S&CC is a direct reflection of the team. There we go, I drunk a couple bottles of water & tightened up. Feeley seems like a young, smart, ambitious cat & so does Manolo. Looking like a perfect match on the surface. Dale!!!!

......** man, he said "Don't rise to the occasion, fall back on your training". Al Golden quoted that ** like 20 times. I know it's just BS quotes but i think it's a ******* stupid quote.

It's a complete contradiction to "Big time players make big time plays in big time games".
he did not say that lol did he LMAO

Advertisement
Back