Dave Feeley UM Strength Coach WQAM Interview

Paranos

All-ACC
For those that haven't heard the interview, here is the link to the interview Dave Feeley UM Strength Coach did with Hurricane Hotline. The man is definitely from the northeast and he is fired up to be at Miami.

FYI the date title on WQAM website is wrong it says it is from Hour 2 from 1-18-19, but the interview was actually from Hurricane Hotline Hour 2 from 1-28-19.

Link

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
power-clean-muscles-worked-image-stack.jpg

olymipc-lifts.jpg

Go Canes

......**** man, he said "Don't rise to the occasion, fall back on your training". Al Golden quoted that **** like 20 times. I know it's just BS quotes but i think it's a ******* stupid quote.

It's a complete contradiction to "Big time players make big time plays in big time games".

Advertisement
......** man, he said "Don't rise to the occasion, fall back on your training". Al Golden quoted that ** like 20 times. I know it's just BS quotes but i think it's a ******* stupid quote.

It's a complete contradiction to "Big time players make big time plays in big time games".

I think its similar to how in the military they drill things into you so when the bullets start flying and you tense up your body starts to move accordingly even if your mind is going a mile a minute

As long as he doesn't bring up pillars Ill give this quote a pass

I think its similar to how in the military they drill things into you so when the bullets start flying and you tense up your body starts to move accordingly even if your mind is going a mile a minute

Its def a military quote...just brings up my golden ptsd

......** man, he said "Don't rise to the occasion, fall back on your training". Al Golden quoted that ** like 20 times. I know it's just BS quotes but i think it's a ******* stupid quote.

Yeah - not a fan of that quote. Prefer it as rise to the occasion and trust your training. Kind of how you heard the old guard talk: the training was so hard, they could trust it would make game day the easy part.

Advertisement

I think Golden also said, "Never drive by a buffet - pull in."

Advertisement

Depends how good your training is. There's always going to be a problem if you have to fall back on Golden's training

Advertisement

I never heard anyone tell me that quote in my 5 year tenure.

Advertisement
Back