Dave Dorean NC State Coach....LOL

Doeren's ACC record is 40-46 with a total of two (barely) Top 20 finishes in 10-plus seasons.

He'd been fired long ago if NC State belonged to a conference that collectively gave a **** about football.

(I like Stephen A's delivery because he reminds me of some old country preachers I knew, but, yeah @the storm and @SWFLHurricane ... he's basically a WWE character who doesn't know jack about College Football 😆
He would’ve been fired by now if he didn’t have a good agent. He was another 7 win season away from being ****canned when the Tenn job opened. His agent got the word out that Tenn wanted to interview him and leveraged that into a new deal.

I simply refuse to believe Tenn wanted to hire the guy. You could show me a video of Tenn’s AD offering him the job and I still wouldn’t believe it.

Advertisement
He would’ve been fired by now if he didn’t have a good agent. He was another 7 win season away from being ****canned when the Tenn job opened. His agent got the word out that Tenn wanted to interview him and leveraged that into a new deal.

I simply refuse to believe Tenn wanted to hire the guy. You could show me a video of Tenn’s AD offering him the job and I still wouldn’t believe it.

Yeah, if Vol fans were up in arms about Schiano a few years back, imagine if they had pursued a forgettable ACC also-ran like Doeren :LOL:

The handful of big-time coach agents like Jimmy Sexton totally manipulate feckless and panicky athletic directors and the clueless CFB media to get their desired results.

Think about the laughable list of would-be candidates the last few times the Miami job was open?

Last edited:
Yeah, if Vol fans were up in arms about Schiano a few years back, imagine if they had hired a forgettable ACC also-ran like Doeren :LOL:

The handful of big-time coach agents like Jimmy Sexton totally manipulate feckless and panicky athletic directors and the clueless CFB media to get their desired results.

Think about the laughable list of would-be candidates when the last few times the Miami job was open?
State fans were begging for Tenn to hire him and then their AD folded like a tent lmao. Was quite a roller coaster 48 hours up here.

Tell Doreen *** to "Ice Up, Son."

Who's the bigger crybaby, him or Ryan Day?

Talking about do your homework before you talk **** and they have the third most wins in the ACC since he's been there. They're actually ninth!

The actual wins list since 2003 was actually kind of surprising. Didn't think we'd be third and only 4 behind FSU.
  1. Clemson: 75
  2. Florida State: 54
  3. Miami: 50
  4. Pitt: 49
  5. UNC: 46
  6. Virginia Tech: 45
  7. Notre Dame: 44
  8. Louisville: 41
  9. NC State: 40
  10. Georgia Tech: 38
I don’t like Ryan Day and I’m not defending him

But

Being that Lou Holtz is such a trash human being that should be bodyslammed on a daily basis, I was ok with him taking that a little personally

Advertisement

Talking about do your homework before you talk **** and they have the third most wins in the ACC since he's been there. They're actually ninth!

The actual wins list since 2003 was actually kind of surprising. Didn't think we'd be third and only 4 behind FSU.
That is wild. Would’ve never guessed that honestly.

It was Steve Smith not Stephen A
Will Smith Smh GIF by The Academy Awards

Advertisement

Ryan, all day.

I don’t like Ryan Day and I’m not defending him

But

Being that Lou Holtz is such a trash human being that should be bodyslammed on a daily basis, I was ok with him taking that a little personally
Holtz is a put, but he spoke facts about Day (his teams being soft) which is what I think bothered him more than anything else. Like they say, a hit dog will holler.

It's funny, I worked w an OSU alumni. Like old school Buckeye type. Big *** flag in the office. Annoyingly says THE before Ohio State. Never heard him say a bad word about his squad in over 10 years until Day got the job. Called him soft on Day 1 and said OSU would never win a championship w him. Even after Day started winning, he never came around to feeling him. From what he tells me, alot of Buckeye fans feel the same.

Holtz is a put, but he spoke facts about Day (his teams being soft) which is what I think bothered him more than anything else. Like they say, a hit dog will holler.

It's funny, I worked w an OSU alumni. Like old school Buckeye type. Big *** flag in the office. Annoyingly says THE before Ohio State. Never heard him say a bad word about his squad in over 10 years until Day got the job. Called him soft on Day 1 and said OSU would never win a championship w him. Even after Day started winning, he never came around to feeling him. From what he tells me, alot of Buckeye fans feel the same.
Oh I’m with you. Day is soft and even though they won that game his play calling was abysmal

Also agree with you about how sometimes you can tell the criticism hits too close to home for some of these guys

Advertisement
This NC State crowd was juiced, until........

Remember when people said “he’s not super fast, he’s just got great vision?” Homie looked a LOT faster than everyone on the field there… miss those days.

Let’s be honest, we’re a long way from there….maybe players have all gotten faster on the whole, but I don’t know.

I suppose it could be a generational talent kind of thing too. I mean he did basically put together a HOF career on returns… Either way, I miss game breaking speed on our roster.

Idk man. We allow sports talking heads to just drag anyone they choose through the mud, and you dont think the coaches or whoever can snap back??!!

People missed the context. It was Steve Smith on the panel for GameDay and they were picking winners—him all geared-up for Utah / Oregon and on the panel.

He had to pick the winner between Clemson and North Carolina State and it was literally some throwaway comment where he took the Tigers to win and said the Wolfpack were packing it on for basketball season.

Zero reason for the basic reporter to bring it up post-game like it was bulletin board material. Turned something in to noting about of that. Nobody was drug through the mud.

This is what happens when you put people on the sidelines who know zero about football and turn everything into a catfight. Godforbid this reporter stuck to the game that was just played and what happened on the field.

Advertisement
Steve Smith Sr (not Stephen A Smith) was a guest picker on Gameday; here are the guest pickers for this year so far.
  • Week 1: Darius Rucker (6-6)
  • Week 2: Joe Namath (9-4)
  • Week 3: Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson (8-2)
  • Week 4: Vince Vaughn (7-5)
  • Week 5: Ken Jeong (6-5)
  • Week 6: Baker Mayfield (9-3)
  • Week 7: Joel McHale (9-2)
  • Week 8: C.J. Stroud (8-3)
  • Week 9: Steve Smith Sr. (4-6)
For those of you not familiar, they go through all of the bigger games for the week and all of the hosts give their picks and reasons why. The 'celebrity picker' does too and often tries to add humor (you can imagine what Ken Jeong said).

Getting so worked up and bothered that after you win and are asked 'where does that faith come from, what do you see in that locker room' that you yell 'Steve Smith can kiss my ***' as part of your response... that after a game that ended more than 5 hours after what is essentially a gimmick, you are still so hot about it that it is at the top of mind? I get that a lot of these guys need a 'us against the world' mentality (see Ryan Day), but this is just silly.

In 2017 TrumpyCane believes ARod didn’t miss a pick

Advertisement
Back