Davante Phillips

FSU is arguably the #1 program in the country, is on a 29 game unbeaten streak, and is the defending national champs. Why would any kid want to play for a 6-7 program with its coach on the hot seat over that?

Until this program shows a pulse, expect this to continue to happen. LOL at people getting upset about this.

I don't think anyone is surprised by it at all.

I'm not upset or surprised. We had no chance at a big time WR in our backyard, that says it all.

I'm just amazed at how far Golden has sunk the program in the last 4 years. This is by far the lowest we have been in the last 30 years IMO. Worse yet, the admin doesn't care. By not firing him now we ruin the 2016 class as well as this one. ****** time to be a Canes fan.

What is amazing about it?
- Coker + Randy + NCAA + Golden (at the same time frame that the SEC/FSU/UF have won 10 titles) = Holy **** Balls

Advertisement
FSU is arguably the #1 program in the country, is on a 29 game unbeaten streak, and is the defending national champs. Why would any kid want to play for a 6-7 program with its coach on the hot seat over that?

Until this program shows a pulse, expect this to continue to happen. LOL at people getting upset about this.

I don't think anyone is surprised by it at all.

I'm not upset or surprised. We had no chance at a big time WR in our backyard, that says it all.

I'm just amazed at how far Golden has sunk the program in the last 4 years. This is by far the lowest we have been in the last 30 years IMO. Worse yet, the admin doesn't care. By not firing him now we ruin the 2016 class as well as this one. ****** time to be a Canes fan.

What is amazing about it?
- Coker + Randy + NCAA + Golden (at the same time frame that the SEC/FSU/UF have won 10 titles) = Holy **** Balls

That we are coming off a 6-7 season and the admin won't fire him. That we are losing recruits to FAU and FIU. That we are at our lowest point in 30 years.

Tonight could be big, #trendingup

You sellin scripts too Kyle? Dammit Mane

Vern you should know I am very negative when it comes to this recruiting class but I heard from very solid sources we are looking good.

If i had to choose I say we get both of the kids from central tonight from what Ive heard (credit Peter)

Smh, I tried to give you the inside scoop.

?

Kid has been committed to FSU for over a year now as fr as I'm concerned. Miami never had a chance regardless of what anyone says.

This. Don't listen to the insiders on this one. We never had a real shot. Sure he considered us at one point but the ship sailed once cook signed with fsu.

Advertisement
I think he commits to us. Playing time is more favorable (although I can easily see him in the top 4 rotation at wideout with both Greene's leaving and other senior wideouts). I think he is sold on being the man right away at UM. Too be fair I think our wideouts are weak. He'll be a number 1 wideout right off the bat.

Playing playing time is normally favorable when we go up against Alabama, FSU, etc.....winning championships isn't.

Can't ignore that some elite players aren't afraid of competition.....they also want to win.

Advertisement
I think he commits to us. Playing time is more favorable (although I can easily see him in the top 4 rotation at wideout with both Greene's leaving and other senior wideouts). I think he is sold on being the man right away at UM. Too be fair I think our wideouts are weak. He'll be a number 1 wideout right off the bat.

Playing playing time is normally favorable when we go up against Alabama, FSU, etc.....winning championships isn't.

Can't ignore that some elite players aren't afraid of competition.....they also want to win.

You are definitely right. I just underestimated the kid's mentality regarding winning. He's confident that he can see the field early as well as be a part of a title contender. I never thought he was scared of comp but I assumed he was feeling the favorable depth chart and having Kaaya(who I will admit needs a few polishing but still promising) throwing passes to him. I'm not mad at the kid. I like his competitive nature.

He was gonna pick Miami, but being at the UA All-American practice with like 7 different FSU commits of course they was going to influence him to go there.

He was never going to come. I've been saying this for almost every thread started for him for a year now.

Phillips is to Cook as Bruce is to Scarlett.

It was the worst kept secret. If anyone is shocked he didn't come, your heart is not capable to handle the disappointments of recruiting.

This was signed, sealed and delivered since the All-American game last year.

Now the one I'm a little shocked on is Jones. Apparently nothing is official yet but I really thought he would flip over to Miami. Everyone now trying to stir **** up. But if the kid didn't miss last year he would be a 4 star prospect.

Last edited:
Advertisement

You are definitely right. I just underestimated the kid's mentality regarding winning. He's confident that he can see the field early as well as be a part of a title contender. I never thought he was scared of comp but I assumed he was feeling the favorable depth chart and having Kaaya(who I will admit needs a few polishing but still promising) throwing passes to him. I'm not mad at the kid. I like his competitive nature.

None of that stuff ever came into play. You have to understand every time that Cook got recruited/visited, phillips got visited, sites like 247 had 100% for fsu, that beats a little birdie told AL he was coming everytime.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back