Davante Phillips

Advertisement
FSU lands another big time commit and wins another head-to-head battle vs. Miami for a player from our backyard. Phillips, a consensus four-star recruit, announces at Under Armour All-America practice on national television.

Meanwhile, we might flip a kid from FIU with questionable speed to play the same position, even though some feel he's underrated.

Get Golden the f*** out of here.

I knew it was too good to be true. FSU is stacked at WR

FSU has gotten 3 of the top 5 wrs in the past two years out of south florida

Ridley
Rudolph
Lane
Dixon
Phillips

Yep and they got George Campbell.

In two years they will have those 4 monsters lined up 4 wide while we have who at DB covering them? Or should I say Lb if our admin still doesn't fire him by then

Trent Harris will lock them down

Advertisement
this is getting embarrassing. Getting to the point where we shouldnt even follow recruiting unless you like hearing bad news.

WTH. Pete trolled us, or got trolled bad.

Pete was saying Listen to your boy about it getting reported that Miami made a big move in his recruiting since he tweeted that out first on the 23rd. thats all.

I spoke to a half dozen people who read the tweet and, given the timing of it and the fact that he posted his earlier tweet and circled the date, assumed the kid was picking Miami. I don't think he trolled us, but he got trolled. Same bs that happened w/ Collins. Happens to everyone where 18 year olds are involved.

Advertisement
i mean it's no surprise if he is going to FSU but I'm lost the announcement hasn't been aired yet nor have I seen it leaked anywhere. How is all this a known thing already? Catch me up. Like I said though I was aware he is going to FSU anyway

get ready for the "he wanted to come here, but for safety related reasons, he went north". lol

FSU breaking bread

All he said was Miami made a move, We could have made a move & still not landed his commitment

Advertisement
Lulz at this staff and lulz at any pathetic slurpers that for one second thought we were landing this kid. If Al isnt fired by Monday, this program will hit lows we have not seen in most of our lifetimes. We are about to fall apart and this will include the 2016 class. By the time Al is finally fired we will be in worse shape then when Coker got fired. Then once again nobody will want the job.

The incompetence of this admin is staggering. They will save a couple of million with the buyout but in turn lose tens of millions in the long run. Unless something happens quick, it will get so ugly it will be sad.

Lulz at this staff and lulz at any pathetic slurpers that for one second thought we were landing this kid. If Al isnt fired by Monday, this program will hit lows we have not seen in most of our lifetimes. We are about to fall apart and this will include the 2016 class. By the time Al is finally fired we will be in worse shape then when Coker got fired. Then once again nobody will want the job.

The incompetence of this admin is staggering. They will save a couple of million with the buyout but in turn lose tens of millions in the long run. Unless something happens quick, it will get so ugly it will be sad.

I agree with the all time low stuff but I can promise you that as long as Miami has a football team, someone will want the job. You win at Miami you go to the NFL. Granted the good coaches only come and stay for 5-6 years, if that, they will come. It's just too easy to win 10 games a year here.

Al golden was supposed to be the next "big time" young head coach. Clearly he was a big time bust. But once the staff either decides to target an established proven head coach that can match his scheme with SFla talent or get a true up and coming big time coach that isn't a bust, we will be right back to doing what Howard, Dennis, JJ, and Butch were doing.

image.jpg

He said this over a year ago

Advertisement

ONLY reason I thought he could possibly come here is what a great source told me. If that makes me a sluper then whatever. Although I don't think you were referring to me specifically.

View attachment 28585

He said this over a year ago

everyone knew he was going to where cook went including fsu. They even tried to get him to transfer to a school up there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Davante wanted to troll everyone since it was widely known he was going to FSU. Try and get some hype over the commitment. 305 recruiting at it's best. for his sake, glad he took the team he wanted. Not like Stacy who was clearly a mess when he chose us. Really felt bad for that kid on signing day, crying and looked like the most unhappy person I have seen committing to a school. Not sure what happened behind the scenes, but he looked like someone made him choose to be here. Anyone know the background on this.

Follower.... easy to be a follower and not a leader..

We've already proven there are hardly any leaders if any in our locker room..

Thats cool though whose gonna throw the ball when Jamies is gone?

Advertisement
Back