Davante Phillips

Is he a silent commit to the #Canes?

Peter Ariz
‏@PeterAriz
Hearing that Miami has made a major move for Da'Vante Phillips. More in The Work later #Canes

It seems after that OV he made his mind up. i mean he has too but nonetheless it looks like it solidified itself and he may have committed on that OV. This is just a question and not something i believe will actually happen.

Can anybody summarize this article as well:

Miami is in Da'Vante Phillips' final four and he's expected to announce at the Under Armour game. So what's he talking about and saying about the Canes? Tune in.

https://miami.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=903&script=/content.asp&cid=1719716

Last edited:
Advertisement
So hes announcing at the Under Armour game where we have 0 recruits and FSU has like 7-8. Definitely sounds like he'll be a Cane to me.

Peter Ariz
‏@PeterAriz
Hearing that Miami has made a major move for Da'Vante Phillips. More in The Work later #Canes

It seems after that OV he made his mind up. i mean he has too but nonetheless it looks like it solidified itself and he may have committed on that OV. This is just a question and not something i believe will actually happen.

Miami is in Da'Vante Phillips' final four and he's expected to announce at the Under Armour game. So what's he talking about and saying about the Canes? Tune in.

https://miami.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=903&script=/content.asp&cid=1719716

Being that this is the dead period and there is no recruit contact from schools, I doubt it.

I think he commits to us. Playing time is more favorable (although I can easily see him in the top 4 rotation at wideout with both Greene's leaving and other senior wideouts). I think he is sold on being the man right away at UM. Too be fair I think our wideouts are weak. He'll be a number 1 wideout right off the bat.

Advertisement
I think he commits to us. Playing time is more favorable (although I can easily see him in the top 4 rotation at wideout with both Greene's leaving and other senior wideouts). I think he is sold on being the man right away at UM. Too be fair I think our wideouts are weak. He'll be a number 1 wideout right off the bat.

I agree, we dont have a real #1.Stacy Coley was supposed to be it but he is nowhere near that. Dorsett is a #3 reciever who became #1 everybody are #2 and #3 type receivers.

I think Dorsett was a number 1 wideout who was misused but yea I agree we don't have that. And for some reason Coley never developed or evolved as a wideout this year. It's like he was shocked that he could not rely on his athleticism.

Peter Ariz
‏@PeterAriz

Being that this is the dead period and there is no recruit contact from schools, I doubt it.

You can still contact them just can't have any face to face meetings. I think recently it changed to one phone call per week per recruit

Advertisement
Nigel Bethel ll ‏@_NigelBethel 16m
16 minutes ago
Miami, FL
I already know where Davante Phillips is going lol...I know the reason he not going to the school he really wants to goto. Lol

Hmmmmm

Advertisement
Nigel Bethel ll ‏@_NigelBethel 16m
16 minutes ago
Miami, FL
I already know where Davante Phillips is going lol...I know the reason he not going to the school he really wants to goto. Lol

Hmmmmm

throwing dirt on Miami with that tweet

The school he really wants to go to is FSU. I don't know how he's trashing Miami. But, I just can't see him coming here.

How do we know hes not talking about FSU, he was considered a lock to them maybe something has changed but history isnt really on our side on this one

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back