Official Daryl Porter, Jr. enters Portal (Commits)

How does Daryl Porter rank compared to the other CB transfers? It seems like he's not a top tier transfer ala Ricks and McCalister but more of a DJ James type. Solid #2 starter that will bring stability to the secondary in 2022 but would require some moves for 2023 season (Cormani or big time transfer).
@Liberty City El @Tee3000

Advertisement
No, but maybe he wasn't as bad as people seem to think..
My problem with Blades was never his coverage ability but the fact he always seemed to be looking for a way to avoid contact especially when the losses were piling up a little

Advertisement
Lol I ain’t mad bro. I admire your commitment. Don’t have to try and tear TS down to boost Blades up but I hope Al comes back and has his best season yet. I just gotta see it but I’m def cheering for him. Time will tell.
I’m a big rique fan that’s the thing, when all The board was against him when he chose uga I always said rique was of the few elite south Florida recruits who were genuine in their interest in Miami who actually chose elsewhere lol. Rique going to have a big year too.

No, but maybe he wasn't as bad as people seem to think..
Could well be. From my sofa, hard to tell who was playing well in the secondary and who was not. Everyone back there seemed to have a lowlight reel of mistakes/bad plays, especially bad angles and the UM trademark of missed tackles/getting run over. How much of that was any particular player's fault required more analysis than the TV screen could provide me.

Bottom line though: TRob failed to turn this unit around as hoped for! At least by me.

Advertisement
Take the emotion out of it, you are posting irrational and never seen you act like this: you remember Michigan state deep ball in which we were still in that game? Rique got beat deep,
in the year blades started he never got beat deep and had one of lowest passer ratings against in the country… look it up, I dont Feel like going back and digging stuff up but I might. You know what…

This is an entire season size worth of data, he posted elite, top of the country cover grades…

Rique was our best cornerback last year , never said he wasn’t. And he’s beyond more physical than blades that goes without saying. But for the record you are severely underestimating blades athleticism, no he’s not rique who tested as an elite athlete but he tested pretty high numbers in most areas actually

Furthermore, how dare you say me of all people need to watch more football, that’s an asinine comment honestly

Call Of Duty Yes GIF by Xbox

Take the emotion out of it, you are posting irrational and never seen you act like this: you remember Michigan state deep ball in which we were still in that game? Rique got beat deep,
in the year blades started he never got beat deep and had one of lowest passer ratings against in the country… look it up, I dont Feel like going back and digging stuff up but I might. You know what…

This is an entire season size worth of data, he posted elite, top of the country cover grades…

Rique was our best cornerback last year , never said he wasn’t. And he’s beyond more physical than blades that goes without saying. But for the record you are severely underestimating blades athleticism, no he’s not rique who tested as an elite athlete but he tested pretty high numbers in most areas actually

Furthermore, how dare you say me of all people need to watch more football, that’s an asinine comment honestly

Nice job Brock.. well done.

Advertisement

Amazon Prime Video GIF by The Man in the High Castle

Advertisement
Why are you putting up stats from 19? Because he was not good in 20. He got picked on way more than Ivey when they were playing together in 20. Rique is our best CB and he is a S. Bring in anyone who can play. I hope we take another CB besides Porter.

And if we keeping it a buck, blades the best cover corner on the roster. Tyrique last year got beat deep more than blades ever did in his 2 seasons even though he has a good year and couch was just horrible his second year stating after having a good first year as a starter.
This post is burnt just like your steaks.

Reverting to your Golden days, I see

Advertisement
Back