Official Daryl Porter, Jr. enters Portal (Commits)

Advertisement
You really should watch more football, before you post stupid ****. Blades is a good CB. He didn’t play much. Tyrique was easily the best CB we had last season. He got beat in two games last year. Against Michigan State in the second half. He was gambling trying to make a play. The other game was in the second half too. He was sick throwing up on the sidelines and went back in for his teammates. He had a stretch of four games that was insane, before he hurt his shoulder. He played hurt in two game that he shouldn’t have. He had surgery late, again for his teammates. Blades isn’t in the same conversation as Stevenson athletically or football skill sets. Tyrique is bigger, stronger, faster and better at CB, S and OLB than Blades. I’m all about Cane’s royalty, but STFU with the dumb ****. Blades probably wouldn’t get a look after the last two years as an UFA. SMH The screen shot below was probably around game 8 or 9 fwiw It’s not worth my time to post on this stupidity anymore beyond this one.
You seem Angry. 😎

Advertisement
Excellent news if he picks us today. We need about 12 more corners after this.
I'm not sure we do. You got Rique and Porter, and it Blades is healthy, there's your nickel. And I know everyone is down on Couch but if he's your dime and not one of the starting boundaries that's okay. Then you have Ivey, Clark, Dunson, Graves, Curtis, Rogers, and Harris competing. How many more bodies do you want? You bring in another guy if you're sure he can be in your top 3. Otherwise the numbers are there unless all the young guys are busts and no one improves.

Last edited:
You really should watch more football, before you post stupid ****. Blades is a good CB. He didn’t play much. Tyrique was easily the best CB we had last season. He got beat in two games last year. Against Michigan State in the second half. He was gambling trying to make a play. The other game was in the second half too. He was sick throwing up on the sidelines and went back in for his teammates. He had a stretch of four games that was insane, before he hurt his shoulder. He played hurt in two game that he shouldn’t have. He had surgery late, again for his teammates. Blades isn’t in the same conversation as Stevenson athletically or football skill sets. Tyrique is bigger, stronger, faster and better at CB, S and OLB than Blades. I’m all about Cane’s royalty, but STFU with the dumb ****. Blades probably wouldn’t get a look after the last two years as an UFA. SMH The screen shot below was probably around game 8 or 9 fwiw It’s not worth my time to post on this stupidity anymore beyond this one.
Take the emotion out of it, you are posting irrational and never seen you act like this: you remember Michigan state deep ball in which we were still in that game? Rique got beat deep,
in the year blades started he never got beat deep and had one of lowest passer ratings against in the country… look it up, I dont Feel like going back and digging stuff up but I might. You know what…

This is an entire season size worth of data, he posted elite, top of the country cover grades…

Rique was our best cornerback last year , never said he wasn’t. And he’s beyond more physical than blades that goes without saying. But for the record you are severely underestimating blades athleticism, no he’s not rique who tested as an elite athlete but he tested pretty high numbers in most areas actually

Furthermore, how dare you say me of all people need to watch more football, that’s an asinine comment honestly

Last edited:

Reaction GIF by moodman

Would love to see this happen!

Take the emotion out of it, you are posting irrational and never seen you act like this: you remember Michigan state deep ball in which we were still in that game? Rique got beat deep,
in the year blades started he never got beat deep and had one of lowest passer ratings against in the country… look it up, I dont Feel like going back and digging stuff up but I might. You know what…

This is an entire season size worth of data, he posted elite, top of the country cover grades…

Rique was our best cornerback last year , never said he wasn’t. And he’s beyond more physical than blades that goes without saying

Never understood some seemingly lumping Blades in with Ivey. Lets see how good Al looks under this new regime

Advertisement
Never understood some seemingly lumping Blades in with Ivey. Lets see how good Al looks under this new regime
Blades outside of the abnormally fiu game was a great cb for Miami in 2019 and was good before his season ending injury in 2020.

Porter opposite Stevenson would make me feel a lot better about the position next year. Really need a bounce back year from Couch in the slot.
SMH. Porter is good for depth, but I don’t see him as an immediate impact kinda of player. Y’all like to crown everyone. ****, after watching Porter’s game, both in college and HS… I’ll take Marcus Clarke over him to play opposite of Stevenson.

Advertisement
Blades outside of the abnormally fiu game was a great cb for Miami in 2019 and was good before his season ending injury in 2020.

Blades is solid in coverage but if we are being honest he is pretty soft when it comes to taking on the ball carrier. Missed tackles and how many times have we seen him be dragged for extra yards?

Iron sharpens Iron. Worst case this young man provides depth and competition at the position. Whoever raises their game the most opposite of TS will be in there. I wouldn't count out Clarke and Blades just yet

Blades has a solid year under his belt but that was a long time ago. As someone pointed out he also has never tackled well. Im hoping he bounces back and brings it in 2022 but anybody who seriously watches football would say Rique is the top corner on the team and its not even debatable.

Advertisement
Blades is solid in coverage but if we are being honest he is pretty soft when it comes to taking on the ball carrier. Missed tackles and how many times have we seen him be dragged for extra yards?
I’ve said he needs to improve tackling, physically he looks too impressive to not be an above average tackler. But what blades has shown me is he’s competitive and can play. Hope he comes back and play like he did in 2019 and 2020 💯

How does Daryl Porter rank compared to the other CB transfers? It seems like he's not a top tier transfer ala Ricks and McCalister but more of a DJ James type. Solid #2 starter that will bring stability to the secondary in 2022 but would require some moves for 2023 season (Cormani or big time transfer).

Advertisement
Back