Official Daryl Porter, Jr. enters Portal (Commits)

Blades is a much better cover corner then Ivey and I realize that isn’t saying much but he is also a better tackler… I wouldn’t even be mad if Ivey could tackle I’d take a physical corner who can’t cover but can knock the **** out of you

Advertisement
When it comes to Ivey and blades (mostly blades) they are better off cover corners then press man corners in my opinion

This is true but it was the same scheme. Maybe the scheme change will help.
I think it could.
T rob loved him because of his length and T Robs love for aggressive man bump and run coverage.
Then Manny turned around and had him playing 7 yards all receivers.

Now do I think he is a 2nd round pick? **** no. But i do think we could use him better for sure.

Every CB coach whos come here thinks they will be the one to fix Ivey. When Ivey walks into the room in shirts and shorts, he looks like a first round CB. I am hoping Addae and Steele dont fall for this same movie that Rumph and TRob did. Change course for gods sake! Give him a fair shot of course but thats it.

If I hear Addae or Steele say, "Man.. Ivey, I swear he has the potential to be a Day 2 NFL pick and All ACC selection. He just needs confidence! He has all the tools!" , then I will know hes been transported to the Twilight Zone like every other CB coach we have had.
Ivey is always going to get a look because of his measurables. He's like the 6'3" QB with the cannon arm who throws 3 picks a game. Or the pitcher who throws 98 MPH with ease but no command of his pitches. Every coach thinks they can fix him.

Blades is a much better cover corner then Ivey and I realize that isn’t saying much but he is also a better tackler… I wouldn’t even be mad if Ivey could tackle I’d take a physical corner who can’t cover but can knock the **** out of you
What up with this blades slander?? Since when blades be getting beat in coverage???🧐🧐

Advertisement
What up with this blades slander?? Since when blades be getting beat in coverage???🧐🧐
And if we keeping it a buck, blades the best cover corner on the roster. Tyrique last year got beat deep more than blades ever did in his 2 seasons even though he has a good year and couch was just horrible his second year stating after having a good first year as a starter.

And if we keeping it a buck, blades the best cover corner on the roster. Tyrique last year got beat deep more than blades ever did in his 2 seasons even though he has a good year and couch was just horrible his second year stating after having a good first year as a starter.
Breh was a lockdown corner and the only I remember getting beat was on a flukey play

Brock et al, Is there any evidence Blade's is 100% now and also mentally committed? He seemed to lose a ton of steam and spend all his time on social media while out on medical.

I never saw the greatness in Blades you talk about. I mean, there's a reason he wasn't a starter in H.S., he was a world class athlete but a project as a CB. ... That said, I do agree he could be a real solid player for us if at peak performance. I just don't know if he's "that guy" any more. Of course, he is a Blades, so I would never count him out.

Advertisement
Brock et al, Is there any evidence Blade's is 100% now and also mentally committed? He seemed to lose a ton of steam and spend all his time on social media while out on medical.

I never saw the greatness in Blades you talk about. I mean, there's a reason he wasn't a starter in H.S., he was a world class athlete but a project as a CB. ... That said, I do agree he could be a real solid player for us if at peak performance. I just don't know if he's "that guy" any more. Of course, he is a Blades, so I would never count him out.
Blades was one of the 4th quarter program performers of the week. So at least its safe to say he’s committed.

I been on these boards too long and never changed the way I typed for Modz to be, all of a sudden, censoring/muting me from threads.

Yall need to stop that BS. 😤. Especially no fly zone.. he doing too much. He taking this **** personal because he don't like me. Ban his ***.

Let me Moderate.

rocky horror GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Advertisement
You really should watch more football, before you post stupid ****. Blades is a good CB. He didn’t play much. Tyrique was easily the best CB we had last season. He got beat in two games last year. Against Michigan State in the second half. He was gambling trying to make a play. The other game was in the second half too. He was sick throwing up on the sidelines and went back in for his teammates. He had a stretch of four games that was insane, before he hurt his shoulder. He played hurt in two game that he shouldn’t have. He had surgery late, again for his teammates. Blades isn’t in the same conversation as Stevenson athletically or football skill sets. Tyrique is bigger, stronger, faster and better at CB, S and OLB than Blades. I’m all about Cane’s royalty, but STFU with the dumb ****. Blades probably wouldn’t get a look after the last two years as an UFA. SMH The screen shot below was probably around game 8 or 9 fwiw It’s not worth my time to post on this stupidity anymore beyond this one.

Attachments

• 4744F244-7E02-477D-8CD5-5E86EFEEDBCA.jpeg
    4744F244-7E02-477D-8CD5-5E86EFEEDBCA.jpeg
    222.5 KB · Views: 216
You really should watch more football, before you post stupid ****. Blades is a good CB. He didn’t play much. Tyrique was easily the best CB we had last season. He got beat in two games last year. Against Michigan State in the second half. He was gambling trying to make a play. The other game was in the second half too. He was sick throwing up on the sidelines and went back in for his teammates. He had a stretch of four games that was insane, before he hurt his shoulder. He played hurt in two game that he shouldn’t have. He had surgery late, again for his teammates. Blades isn’t in the same conversation as Stevenson athletically or football skill sets. Tyrique is bigger, stronger, faster and better at CB, S and OLB than Blades. I’m all about Cane’s royalty, but STFU with the dumb ****. Blades probably wouldn’t get a look after the last two years as an UFA. SMH
Shoot Up Shots Fired GIF by BrownSugarApp

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back