Official Daryl Porter, Jr. enters Portal (Commits)

Advertisement
Don’t remember his recruitment. Why did he end up at WVU?
Same. I asked that too and no one responded. WVU used to mean problems with core courses, tests or grades. Not sure if that's still the case.

Advertisement
Pass…wasn’t good enough out of high school. Isn’t good enough now.

Yall really like & want anyone I see…

He has LSU in his top 4 & Corey Raymond isn’t at LSU any longer…hard pass!
That CB room is so pathetic that it will be the topic of conversation post Spring. I really think Mario/Steele/Strong/Addae will be shocked at how bad it is.. Thats how bad it is.

DP Jr INSTANTLY becomes the 2nd best player in that room if he comes. (Yes, over Blades Jr too. Sorry.. but people keep bringing up his 2019 season but that was 3 years ago now..he has to prove himself all over again IMO.)

Advertisement
Pass…wasn’t good enough out of high school. Isn’t good enough now.

Yall really like & want anyone I see…

He has LSU in his top 4 & Corey Raymond isn’t at LSU any longer…hard pass!

You know I trust your DB judgment. Which CBs in the Portal are worth an offer?

A lot of people are predicting that the portal is going to be lit after spring ball, so the staff might be waiting til after spring ball to add corners from the portal.

If that’s the case — and the coaches should know that through the grapevine — then I have to agree with Tee that it’s worth waiting a few more weeks. I know I know a bird in the hand. But we need a kid who is legitimately NFL caliber at least Roche level at CB, not a plug like Traore.

Advertisement
If blades is coming back I’m good with just k smith.. iveys gon a play whether we believe it or not… if we get both Ivey has to transfer
Every CB coach whos come here thinks they will be the one to fix Ivey. When Ivey walks into the room in shirts and shorts, he looks like a first round CB. I am hoping Addae and Steele dont fall for this same movie that Rumph and TRob did. Change course for gods sake! Give him a fair shot of course but thats it.

If I hear Addae or Steele say, "Man.. Ivey, I swear he has the potential to be a Day 2 NFL pick and All ACC selection. He just needs confidence! He has all the tools!" , then I will know hes been transported to the Twilight Zone like every other CB coach we have had.

Advertisement
Every CB coach whos come here thinks they will be the one to fix Ivey. When Ivey walks into the room in shirts and shorts, he looks like a first round CB. I am hoping Addae and Steele dont fall for this same movie that Rumph and TRob did. Change course for gods sake! Give him a fair shot of course but thats it.

If I hear Addae or Steele say, "Man.. Ivey, I swear he has the potential to be a Day 2 NFL pick and All ACC selection. He just needs confidence! He has all the tools!" , then I will know hes been transported to the Twilight Zone like every other CB coach we have had.

I think it will happen again.

DJ Ivey looks like a drawn up NFL CB...and so does Blades. The coaches are going to believe they can fix any issues.

This is true but it was the same scheme. Maybe the scheme change will help.

For those who don't know, Daryl Porter Jr. is the son of Daryl Porter Sr. (No ****, Sherlock), and a woman who is also the mother of Marvin Jones Jr. (I believe y'all can figure out who daddy is in that situation as well).

First of all, Daryl Porter Sr. was a BAD MAN back in the day at STA. I still maintain that him and Keith Wilkerson was the best HS RB duo I've ever seen in my life. They were absolute freaks of nature and STA just pounded people with them over and over and over.

Fast-forward 20+ years, Daryl Porter has a son with a lady, the son goes to Heritage, he's a **** of a player in his own right, and is recruited to play at West Va by our newest DB coach.

Also, Marvin Jones has a kid with the same woman, the kid goes to Heritage, is a 5-star player, and guess who was the main driver for getting him to sign with UGA a couple months ago? Yep, that same DB coach who now rocks a Miami polo.

Porter Jr. just hit the portal. We need DBs desperately. Like, yesterday. Maybe at some point he wants to play ball with his half-brother? Hmmmmmm.
The woman should be a scout. Impressive.

Advertisement
Back