Official Daryl Porter, Jr. enters Portal (Commits)

Update from Gaby:

“ Multiple major Power 5 programs have been in contact with West Virginia cornerback transfer Daryl Porter Jr. since he elected to enter the transfer portal last week.

His father, Daryl Porter Sr., who spent six years in the NFL with the Detriot Lions, Buffalo Bills, Tennessee Titans, and New England Patriots, told InsideTheU that plenty of programs have expressed interest.

Oklahoma, LSU, Miami, and Florida State are a few Porter Sr. mentioned by name but plenty of others seem to be in the mix.

“Quite a few [schools]. It’s about 10-15 schools that have called me,” Porter said when reached by phone Monday.

It’s unclear whether Porter Jr., who the Mountaineers list at 5-foot-11, 185-pounds, will take visits seeing as the transfer process is new to the family, but Porter Sr. hinted that they would like to make a decision sooner rather than later. The Hurricanes seem to be firmly in the mix.

“Those are the guys down here. Hometown kid and I think they like him a lot,” Porter Sr. said of the Hurricanes.

Porter is down in South Florida while taking online classes at West Virginia this spring. He’s been training at his alma mater Plantation American Heritage with some NFL guys such as Super Bowl champion Sony Michel and Kahlil Herbert.

This past year, Porter played 716 snaps at West Virginia and 660 came at wide corner. He was targeted 53 times allowed 34 receptions for 416 yards and three touchdowns.

Advertisement
giphy.gif

Update from Gaby:

“ Multiple major Power 5 programs have been in contact with West Virginia cornerback transfer Daryl Porter Jr. since he elected to enter the transfer portal last week.

His father, Daryl Porter Sr., who spent six years in the NFL with the Detriot Lions, Buffalo Bills, Tennessee Titans, and New England Patriots, told InsideTheU that plenty of programs have expressed interest.

Oklahoma, LSU, Miami, and Florida State are a few Porter Sr. mentioned by name but plenty of others seem to be in the mix.

“Quite a few [schools]. It’s about 10-15 schools that have called me,” Porter said when reached by phone Monday.

It’s unclear whether Porter Jr., who the Mountaineers list at 5-foot-11, 185-pounds, will take visits seeing as the transfer process is new to the family, but Porter Sr. hinted that they would like to make a decision sooner rather than later. The Hurricanes seem to be firmly in the mix.

“Those are the guys down here. Hometown kid and I think they like him a lot,” Porter Sr. said of the Hurricanes.

Porter is down in South Florida while taking online classes at West Virginia this spring. He’s been training at his alma mater Plantation American Heritage with some NFL guys such as Super Bowl champion Sony Michel and Kahlil Herbert.

This past year, Porter played 716 snaps at West Virginia and 660 came at wide corner. He was targeted 53 times allowed 34 receptions for 416 yards and three touchdowns.

every time I read a gaby post these days….
1645471000725.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s not going to Oregon. This is a FSU vs Miami battle. He’ll end up at one of those two schools. FSU has been in contact long before he entered the portal.

Would be flummoxed to the point of bewildered bamboozlement to see him go to Eugene or Baton Rouge.
I would be flummoxed to the point of bewildered bamboozlement to see him to go FSpew.

Advertisement
Back