Official Daryl Porter, Jr. enters Portal (Commits)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Its going to take 2 full recruiting classes and some attrition/portal magic to get the roster where it needs to be. We have top end holes and lack of depth all over the place. But if we are only working with 5 spots, 2 of them need to be CB. Doesnt matter about attrition. With all due respect to the kids, there isnt a player on that unit that could leave and would really hurt us. Unless our opponents plan on playing a jumbo formation with 2 TE's and a RB/FB in the backfield with 1 WR running routes, we are screwed.

I'll let the experts decide if its Smith and DP. Seems to be more agreement that they have more starter/semi starter talent than anyone else on our roster not named Rique.

Our pass rush will be a problem We arent going to get a lot of pressure rushing 4. Will need some creative stunts and blitzing. We did use a spot on Moultrie and should use another of the 5 on a DE.

LB for sure as well for a spot. But with Steele's new scheme and some much needed tackling work in practice, some of the existing crew will have to step up. Steele needs to find packages where Avante, Kam, and JW are on the field at the same time.

We need an OT too. This is all why Ive set expectations this coming year at 9 wins and Coastal champs. Our D is going to get carved in certain games. We cant count on TVD, learning a new scheme, to bail us out every time. 8 wins and I'll be ****ed. Anything over 9 and I'll be tickled pink.
I'm really hoping that Mario, Steele and our new Portal guru from MSU can shore up the Defense before the start of next season. Our pass rush was absolutely pitiful last year. While I agree the major upgrade of the roster & having quality depth at every position will take 2-3 years, the severe deficiencies we had on Defense last year can be fixed by five high quality Portal additions prior to the upcoming season.

Please no more turnstiles on the DL, invisible LBs that can't tackle & undue reliance on the DBs to clean all of the messes up. I'm sure Mario & company can & will fix this.

Advertisement
Sounds like Couch...is he better than Te'Cory?

looks almost the same size as Couch maybe a tad bigger not nearly as physical tho ..a healthy Banks or Smith are better options imo....here are some game highlights of him getting toasted by Maryland and Baylor... also gave up a crucial 4th q 3rd down bomb to Tech....

Last edited:
Advertisement
He is 5ft 9.625in. He would make the defense better day 1 of being on campus. He would definitely rotate in and would have a great chance to start. He isn't a question mark, he has shown he can play at the d1 level. Unfortunately, I think he is heading to FSU. Perhaps Rosenhaus is getting him to Miami, idk.

Advertisement
The Almighty did not put us on this Earth to argue about whether Daryl Porter Jr is 5’10 or 5’11.
I read this as Stephen the Irishman.

1645215091364.png

Advertisement
Back