Darren Rovell trying to shut down the U

This is probably gonna be a nothing burger but this is why you move in silence. Like @Eric The Midget and I said before, now you you got this little weasel sniffing around looking of an i that isn’t dotted or the t that isn’t crossed. It’s ridiculous.
I agree whole heartedly. I believe everything Miami is doing is through the proper channels. That said, there is zero benefit to broadcast these moves and bring attention to it. Then to battle online and put a larger target on our back? These clowns like Rovell, Charles Robinson, etc would like nothing more than find one mistake, one guy, one anything to try and ruin it for the canes.

Advertisement
Please. Texas and A&M, Ewers and Bryce young getting $1m. It’s nonsense.
And did they announce how they were getting other than through NIL deals? No they didn’t. In this very case they know exactly how the money is being broke down financially AND it’s directly related to a booster. You’re absolutely asking for hit articles like Rovell and others to be written about you.

And did they announce how they were getting other than through NIL deals? No they didn’t. In this very case they know exactly how the money is being broke down financially AND it’s directly related to a booster. You’re absolutely asking for hit articles like Rovell and others to be written about you.
Yes they 100% did but don’t let facts getting in the way of your narrative and paranoia.

Ewers was a car dealership - https://fansided.com/2021/08/28/ohio-state-quinn-ewers-nil-car/amp/

Bryce Young - Logan’s roadhouse (among others)

The Texas one is a 501c3 that is being started, which is absolutely a joke. What exactly are they promoting for a 501c3 that just started? So that one, regardless of who is funding it is absolutely egregious.

A&M had one through interviews with a fan site that went into five figures.

Yes they 100% did but don’t let facts getting in the way of your narrative and paranoia.

Ewers was a car dealership - https://fansided.com/2021/08/28/ohio-state-quinn-ewers-nil-car/amp/

Bryce Young - Logan’s roadhouse (among others)

The Texas one is a 501c3 that is being started, which is absolutely a joke. What exactly are they promoting for a 501c3 that just started? So that one, regardless of who is funding it is absolutely egregious.

A&M had one through interviews with a fan site that went into five figures.
So how is this directly connected to a school booster? Don’t get mad that you got called out and try to dish out words like “narrative” and “paranoia”. Even if that was the case it was already proven right by Rovell putting out that article.

Weird how he left off:

July 21, 2021: The day Bryce Young became a millionaire playing college ball.

Somebody want to get @TrumpyCane on this? There's an article about how he's getting roasted on Twitter and he's not mentioned.

I wonder if this board realizes how good this is for business. Rovell just basically anointed Miami as the place for players to go get NIL. He could have attacked Bama, TAMU, UGA, etc... but our deals are big enough to rock the boat now. He just gave us priceless PR in the recruiting community.

Daren Rovell is a great Cane lol. But Ruiz is even better.

Advertisement
What Rovell didn't reveal is that he's repped and very close to people at CAA, so him ****ting on these deals with other agents is about badmouthing other people in sports agency world as well.

So, has anybody called him on that, on Twitter? Because he seems to engage on that platform, so it would be interesting to see if he even gave a response to this.

This clown is trying to get an investigation going on Miami for having the audacity to compete with the big boys when it comes to NIL's. Cane nation needs to make sure he never comes at us again.

And I would counter that this deal was preceded by the Horns With Heart Initiative.

So how is this directly connected to a school booster? Don’t get mad that you got called out and try to dish out words like “narrative” and “paranoia”. Even if that was the case it was already proven right by Rovell putting out that article.
The Texas and A&M programs are directly funded by boosters. Ewers got money from a Columbus car dealership owned by an OSU boosters. Don’t be obtuse. These were not clemson’s QB getting a deal from Dr Pepper.

Let me ask you another two questions.
1) Do you seriously think Ruiz is doing this rogue and Mario, Rad, compliance did not sign off on him talking about it? Miami compliance is historically conservative to a fault. Do you seriously think they would allow this to go on if they had concerns?
2) As an extension of 1, don’t you think Mario deliberately wanting this out as part of his marketing/recruiting pitch?

I get Miami is always going to be a lightning rod for people like Rovell, but people smarter and more experienced than either of us are clearly allowing Ruiz to continue doing this.

Advertisement
The Texas and A&M programs are directly funded by boosters. Ewers got money from a Columbus car dealership owned by an OSU boosters. Don’t be obtuse. These were not clemson’s QB getting a deal from Dr Pepper.

Let me ask you another two questions.
1) Do you seriously think Ruiz is doing this rogue and Mario, Rad, compliance did not sign off on him talking about it? Miami compliance is historically conservative to a fault. Do you seriously think they would allow this to go on if they had concerns?
2) As an extension of 1, don’t you think Mario deliberately wanting this out as part of his marketing/recruiting pitch?

I get Miami is always going to be a lightning rod for people like Rovell, but people smarter and more experienced than either of us are clearly allowing Ruiz to continue doing this.
he tweeted that these deals are being submitted to the school for approval.

Rovell can go play in traffic.

Then I hope he's revived, nailed to a wooden plank 500 feet in the air, and every morning an eagle comes and rips his liver out. It regenerates when he finally falls asleep from the pain, only for it to happen again the next morning, and so forth for the rest of eternity.

(Yes this is from a Greek myth for those who like history).

Advertisement
he tweeted that these deals are being submitted to the school for approval.
It is so beyond preposterous that people think Ruiz is doing this without the school signing off on stuff. The same school and compliance department that booted players off for loaner cars. The same AD that is being led by one of the top and most experienced ADs in the country and coach that is notorious for being on top of and in control of every aspect of his program.

DR wants to shut down the NIL. hes hated all these deals and has criticized a lot of them. when the OSU kid transferred back and the bum *** qb from OU transferred out, he went at their deals too as a cautionary tale to businesses from putting money into these kids

Advertisement
It is so beyond preposterous that people think Ruiz is doing this without the school signing off on stuff. The same school and compliance department that booted players off for loaner cars. The same AD that is being led by one of the top and most experienced ADs in the country and coach that is notorious for being on top of and in control of every aspect of his program.
they're gonna be legitimate deals (I guess were still waiting on school approval). the only question which doesn't matter to me or any of us is whether life wallet is just an NIL front or not which seems to be rovells issue with Ruiz. either way, as long as the deal is done legitimately, it doesn't matter what the purpose of the business is. idc if they make a dollar store version of a Fitbit as long as the deals are legal with the players

The UT 501c3 is nothing but UT boosters.
Just because Rovell is dumb enough to misunderstand something as easy as NIL does not mean we need to follow him down his dumb rabbit hole.

they're gonna be legitimate deals (I guess were still waiting on school approval). the only question which doesn't matter to me or any of us is whether life wallet is just an NIL front or not which seems to be rovells issue with Ruiz. either way, as long as the deal is done legitimately, it doesn't matter what the purpose of the business is. idc if they make a dollar store version of a Fitbit as long as the deals are legal with the players
But even if Like Wallet is what Rowell thinks it is, it is not an NCAA issue. The NCAA has nothing to do with NIL. All Ruiz needs to do is make sure he is not running afoul of Florida law. And I am very, very, very confident Ruiz’s lawyers have checked all of this out, and have charged Ruiz $650/hour to do so, and have written him an “Advice of Counsel” letter covering him in case they are wrong.

Advertisement
Back