Darrell Langham

Some people don’t take to putting weight on.

That’s a fact.

It’s either a metabolic, a physical/body type musculoskeletal issue, or they just don’t want to. As in, “I ain’t puttin’ on no 30 pounds”.

People don’t seem to get that it’s not a snap of the fingers to put 20 -30 lb of good weight on most people. Especially in a relatively short period of time.

Advertisement
Some people don’t take to putting weight on.

That’s a fact.

It’s either a metabolic, a physical/body type musculoskeletal issue, or they just don’t want to. As in, “I ain’t puttin’ on no 30 pounds”.

People don’t seem to get that it’s not a snap of the fingers to put 20 -30 lb of good weight on most people. Especially in a relatively short period of time.

I'm not suggesting Langham put weight on. I think he is big enough now to at least be an effective stretch TE.

I don't see Polendy or Michael Irvin Jr doing much blocking so what's the difference between having Langham there. At least he can catch. I like Brevin Jordan's game ALOT but I can't say that 2 TRUE freshman are going to come in and start and be serviceable when they didn't early enroll. Wishful thinking at best. Lucky to get one to be up to par.

Agree, but Jordan is a different breed. He will come in and start, he's just that special. May not be game 1, but he's going to get more pt there than anybody. This kid is a game changer.

I'm not suggesting Langham put weight on. I think he is big enough now to at least be an effective stretch TE.

This. He doesn't even have to put on much if any weight at all. A lot of these TE's these days aren't even Langham's size. Engram from bama now with the Giants is smaller.

Advertisement
Really think the Mallory-Jordan two headed monster will make this topic a non-issue.

To this point langham is one of the only big receivers that has shown the ability to take over a game. In the 4th quarter vs ga tech he took over the game with big catches in the 4th. Cager hasn’t shown the ability to do that and neither has Harris

Last edited:
Really think the Mallory-Jordan two headed monster will make this topic a non-issue.
Hope and think you will be right... Eventually. Might be too late to try Langham out at TE anyways. Spring would have been the perfect time to take get him reps. Come the fall they will be trying to get the youngsters up to speed quickly.

Advertisement
Hope and think you will be right... Eventually. Might be too late to try Langham out at TE anyways. Spring would have been the perfect time to take get him reps. Come the fall they will be trying to get the youngsters up to speed quickly.

True, but it wouldn't take him long to adjust to a few blocking schemes and routes. He could be ready to contribute pretty early into the season. He'd be better than Irvin there because of his hands, speed, route running, and yac because of his speed. And by speed I do mean speed compared to Irvin. lol

Does not pass the eye test.

I don’t care what the piece of paper says.

My eyes tell me he’s not.

Or go ahead and call him a flex TE and never ever have him block, and only put him in for pass plays, will that make you happy?

Otherwise these eyes tell me he’s not thick enough to perform other TE duties, or even be an implied threat.

Look at other “hybrid or flex” TE’s. Njoku, Herndon, Jimmy, etc. Thicker. He’s a beanpole compared to other wideout/TEs from a visual standpoin. My eyes don’t lie.

Ok, here you go, he’s a TE now.

91475010-C6F1-4768-83A6-6CEB4580F24F.jpeg

Just don’t have him block except for downfield like he already does. Basically using him more or less like he is now. We good?

Last edited:
I think they would have moved him if not for Dallas staying at RB and Richards being out all spring.

Does not pass the eye test.

I don’t care what the piece of paper says.

My eyes tell me he’s not.

Or go ahead and call him a flex TE and never ever have him block, and only put him in for pass plays, will that make you happy?

Otherwise these eyes tell me he’s not thick enough to perform other TE duties, or even be an implied threat.

Look at other “hybrid or flex” TE’s. Njoku, Herndon, Jimmy, etc. Thicker. He’s a beanpole compared to other wideout/TEs from a visual standpoin. My eyes don’t lie.

To each his own. When I look at him I see someone big enough for what he is needed for. Especially when the alternative is Irvin.
Darrell Langham.jpg

Advertisement
Plenty big enough, and if he needed to gain 10 lbs (really doesn't) that would not be a problem. He has the frame for it.

Whether he's moved to TE or stays a WR, I don't think he'll get a whole lot of PT this year with the talent we have coming in. I will be forever grateful for his game-winner vs. FSU - that will be his legacy here, and I'm okay with that.

THIS!! Now close this thread.

I don't see Polendy or Michael Irvin Jr doing much blocking so what's the difference between having Langham there. At least he can catch. I like Brevin Jordan's game ALOT but I can't say that 2 TRUE freshman are going to come in and start and be serviceable when they didn't early enroll. Wishful thinking at best. Lucky to get one to be up to par.

Well if we aren't going to even line up a TE to attempt to block from time to time why not just say eff the TE and go 4 wide?

Advertisement
True, but it wouldn't take him long to adjust to a few blocking schemes and routes. He could be ready to contribute pretty early into the season. He'd be better than Irvin there because of his hands, speed, route running, and yac because of his speed. And by speed I do mean speed compared to Irvin. lol

You think it's just like flipping on a switch to learn blocking schemes huh? Not that easy man

Advertisement
Back