Darrell Langham

Kwfstorm32

Recruit
This might have already been discussed in the past but considering his size (6'4 220-lbs.) could Langham be an option at TE? I know we have a couple freshmen on the way that are highly rated but there is no guarantee they will come in right away and be up to speed. Moving Langham to TE might also be good for his pro prospects. I'm interested to hear other opinions.

Advertisement
This might have already been discussed in the past but considering his size (6'4 220-lbs.) could Langham be an option at TE? I know we have a couple freshmen on the way that are highly rated but there is no guarantee they will come in right away and be up to speed. Moving Langham to TE might also be good for his pro prospects. I'm interested to hear other opinions.

Solid first post

It has been discussed, but before the wolves descend, I'd say that Langham doesn't possess the aggressiveness in blocking that we look for at TE, so he'll stay just a "big WR."

I thought this might be the case. I guess I was looking at him as purely a pass catcher at TE since every report we have heard is that our TE's are struggling catching the ball. Here's to hoping Jordan and Mallory are the answer!

Advertisement
I don't think he'd be the first "soft" TE we've had play for us. In fact, with some admittedly very notable exceptions, we've often given the position to TEs who did not block all that much.

I would consider putting Cager at TE before I would put Langham there. Considering our wr depth that could possibly be an option. Just my opinion though.

We gotta start redshirting these tall WRs andbturning some of them in to Tight ends Cager should have been one as well as langham

Advertisement
I would consider putting Cager at TE before I would put Langham there. Considering our wr depth that could possibly be an option. Just my opinion though.

I wouldn't disagree with Cager. Although it seems like Cager will get more opportunity at WR than Langham. I envisioned Langham playing close to the tackle and if need be chipping the end and releasing out to the middle of the field or having Cager and Langham out there as bigger targets down by the goal line. I don't think you need Langham to be a "traditional" TE.

I agree, move him to TE. I wouldn't give him a choice. He can't cut it at wr, and if he wants to see the field and make plays, he would do so quicker at TE where he would create a mismatch. Right now the opposing corners have the mismatch because he can't separate from them. If he wants to play he will toughen up and block or ride the pine. If he were my kid I'd tell him to make the move. I though Joe Z said he was 230 during the spring game.

Every snap he or Dayall takes at wr is a blown opportunity for one of our studs to make a big play because he's fresh out and Dayall just isn't good. We need our best out there at all times.

Last edited:
I wouldn't disagree with Cager. Although it seems like Cager will get more opportunity at WR than Langham. I envisioned Langham playing close to the tackle and if need be chipping the end and releasing out to the middle of the field or having Cager and Langham out there as bigger targets down by the goal line. I don't think you need Langham to be a "traditional" TE.

Cager is a wr all day.

Whether he's moved to TE or stays a WR, I don't think he'll get a whole lot of PT this year with the talent we have coming in. I will be forever grateful for his game-winner vs. FSU - that will be his legacy here, and I'm okay with that.

Advertisement
Whether he's moved to TE or stays a WR, I don't think he'll get a whole lot of PT this year with the talent we have coming in. I will be forever grateful for his game-winner vs. FSU - that will be his legacy here, and I'm okay with that.

Agreed. He helped to get the monkey off our back when it came to beating FSU.

I expect him to have a big season at WR now. Just like when people were throwing Berrios under the bus at this time last year.

Advertisement

Langham is good in my book if he never does anything else.

LOL @ the poster talking about moving Cager to TE. God you gotta love the offseason. Its gonna get brutal around here over the next 3.5 months.

That said, I for some reason think Langham is one of those players that has a cup of coffee in the league. Some team will put 15lbs on him and make him a stretch TE I will bet. He has the frame.

I don't see Polendy or Michael Irvin Jr doing much blocking so what's the difference between having Langham there. At least he can catch. I like Brevin Jordan's game ALOT but I can't say that 2 TRUE freshman are going to come in and start and be serviceable when they didn't early enroll. Wishful thinking at best. Lucky to get one to be up to par.

Langham is good in my book if he never does anything else.

LOL @ the poster talking about moving Cager to TE. God you gotta love the offseason. Its gonna get brutal around here over the next 3.5 months.

That said, I for some reason think Langham is one of those players that has a cup of coffee in the league. Some team will put 15lbs on him and make him a stretch TE I will bet. He has the frame.

The first thing that people will say is why didn't we move him to TE at Miami.

I don't see Polendy or Michael Irvin Jr doing much blocking so what's the difference between having Langham there. At least he can catch. I like Brevin Jordan's game ALOT but I can't say that 2 TRUE freshman are going to come in and start and be serviceable when they didn't early enroll. Wishful thinking at best. Lucky to get one to be up to par.

This. Jordan will have to be the guy because I don't see Mallory coming in and being physically strong enough to block defensive lineman or rushing linebackers. He is going to be more of a stretch guy imo.

Advertisement
Back