Confirmed Darrell Jackson hits the portal

Ques
I don't get it with our fans. Jackson isn't a world beater, but that's missing the point. Sports are about matchups. We don't have a clogger at DT. We do not have that potential substitution to change a game or a matchup. We do not have that particular body type, when a matchup demands that we use it to make life easier/more flexible for Bain/Taylor/etc. It's an issue of flexibility and matchups, not whether Jackson is the next Cortez Kennedy.
Question for u. Just quick off the top of your head tell me who you think some of our best dt are? Don't think too much. Just quickly who?

Advertisement
Shut the **** up, Marco! You're out of your element! Out of your element!
Agreed. NC governor wrote the NCAA as well on behalf of Tar Heel WR. Unfortunate that these clowns get talked into taking positions without deep understanding of the issues.

I'm
I'll sit down then. For the record, I was super disappointed we lost Jackson and didn't replace him with another war daddy. I just felt he underperformed vs his talent. But if you and Brooklyn are telling me I'm wrong, I can accept I'm wrong.
Not telling you he was great by any means. But he was never an issue for us. He was just a space eater. Based upon who he was lined up against some games he performed in that role better than others. But he did what was expected of him.

Advertisement
On this current team it's Leonard Taylor
Since you seem to be hesitant to answer that than I'll tell you. Since we've came to dominance we've had one dtackle to really fit the mold you are speaking on. That was obviously Vince and honestly that's one of the biggest freaks of nature I've ever met to go along with Allan Baily. Point would be in the defense we're trying to run we want our tackles disruptive and able to contribute on each play. We want 3 techs who can get in the back field and make plays on their own. Not space eaters who occupy blockers for backers and safeties. That's not an excuse or a way to say we have anywhere near enough tackles for where we wanna be. It's just simply an explanation for why just another huge body isn't relevant. I'd take two more big motor dudes with elite hand placement like Lt & deen than I would space eaters. That only works in systems that the offense is streamlined towards the middle of the field and everyone makes plays inside the box. So just relax hermano. Let's see how we look before everyone freaks out about another thing.

Advertisement
Since you seem to be hesitant to answer that than I'll tell you. Since we've came to dominance we've had one dtackle to really fit the mold you are speaking on. That was obviously Vince and honestly that's one of the biggest freaks of nature I've ever met to go along with Allan Baily. Point would be in the defense we're trying to run we want our tackles disruptive and able to contribute on each play. We want 3 techs who can get in the back field and make plays on their own. Not space eaters who occupy blockers for backers and safeties. That's not an excuse or a way to say we have anywhere near enough tackles for where we wanna be. It's just simply an explanation for why just another huge body isn't relevant. I'd take two more big motor dudes with elite hand placement like Lt & deen than I would space eaters. That only works in systems that the offense is streamlined towards the middle of the field and everyone makes plays inside the box. So just relax hermano. Let's see how we look before everyone freaks out about another thing.
Thank you, not to mention the game has changed. Space eaters are less imperative to defensive success as football has moved toward a predominantly passing sport.

I'll sit down then. For the record, I was super disappointed we lost Jackson and didn't replace him with another war daddy. I just felt he underperformed vs his talent. But if you and Brooklyn are telling me I'm wrong, I can accept I'm wrong.
I’m not telling you you’re wrong.

I’m just saying he played better than most of our fans are willing to give him credit for because they’re jaded by the fact he left to go back to FSU, which I get, but that doesn’t take away from what he did & what he has the capability to do, which will ultimately lead to him being drafted IMO.

Advertisement
I’m not telling you you’re wrong.

I’m just saying he played better than most of our fans are willing to give him credit for because they’re jaded by the fact he left to go back to FSU, which I get, but that doesn’t take away from what he did & what he has the capability to do, which will ultimately lead to him being drafted IMO.

I don’t think he gets drafted if he doesn’t play this year. But I do think he’s snatched up instantly as a UDFA and pushes to make a 53.

Side note, y’all downvoting the **** outta me for posting little Marco’s tweet. I didn’t tweet that ****, don’t shoot the messenger 😂 😂

That is true. He was shorter and lighter than that (considerably).
So let's just call down and see how things look. My two cents, were hurt by not having depth we want. But this defense doesn't work with just anyone in place. It requires certain types of pieces. Well be fine. Just give it time. Y'all will love this defense. Personally I love both coordinator hires.

I don’t think he gets drafted if he doesn’t play this year. But I do think he’s snatched up instantly as a UDFA and pushes to make a 53.

Side note, y’all downvoting the **** outta me for posting little Marco’s tweet. I didn’t tweet that ****, don’t shoot the messenger 😂 😂
People are loons when it comes to the P word and I’m not talking ***** .

Advertisement
Thank you, not to mention the game has changed. Space eaters are less imperative to defensive success as football has moved toward a predominantly passing sport.
Not saying anyone in this thread but this topic came up A LOT with the portal

All I read was “OVERPAY FOR THE SPACE EATERZ”

I’m like what…?

Sometimes I feel like the extremes of fans (again no one directly in this thread but in general) is they seem to either gravitate towards Terrence Cody or Aaron Donald like there’s no middle ground 😂

Maybe that’s just me though I dunno

Advertisement
Back