Confirmed Darrell Jackson hits the portal

I don’t know his personal thoughts. I’d guess he wanted to go closer to home. I’d guess we offered a good amount. I don’t know if more DT’s coming in than anticipated at FSU had something to do with it. I don’t care the way I used to as far as “we only want kids who want to be Canes”. Those types of kids are less and less common today. He’s not even local to us, he’s more local to FSU. We’re in desperate need of help at DT.

Campbell reactions??? Do you mean because we have more solid options already in the fold on the OL so Jon Campbell was expendable? If so, yeah I agree with that. If we weren’t desperate for DT help and could recruit over him, then I wouldn’t care. We’re just not there yet so I get why we’d try to keep him if we could.

I’d like to know what happened. It sounds like some crazy **** and that might explain why it didn’t materialize.
Yes. Guys are desperate and not remembering this same exact thing happening to Manny. You guys say JT4 had issues so he doesn’t count, but no one commented on Reed.

Bottom line is the guy quit and some of you guys killed Manny for bringing back quitters, but excuse this quitter. Keep it consistent is all I’m saying…

Advertisement
I never said I feared Mike Norvell. I said he will use it for negative recruiting purposes. Norvell can be trash at recruiting, but him getting Williams and now Jackson obviously hurts. He can be a trash recruiter and at the same time hurt us which was just proven..

You can think whatever you want, Mike Norvell doesn’t worry me.

1. that it is odd to take shots at FSUs recruiting when they beat the breaks off Miami last year and winning games is the point of CFB, not winning recruiting.
2. You keyboard warrior sht is so old. We get it you’re the toughest guy here. Any questioning 15-0 is soft.

I’ll take shots at FSU each and every day, you can praise them all day long, like many on here do.

Who is being a keyboard warrior? I guess you feel intimidated because I’m questioning your opinion. I didn’t challenge you to a fistfight.

People like you are weak, you don’t like your opinions being challenged and you can’t argue them effectively, so you call the person doing the challenging a “keyboard warrior”.

The entire conversation was based on Mike Norvell‘s recruiting effectiveness or lack thereof. Nothing else. Unfortunately, you decided to act like an FSU fan and point to the scoreboard. Shows where you’re coming from.

Advertisement
Yes. Guys are desperate and not remembering this same exact thing happening to Manny. You guys say JT4 had issues so he doesn’t count, but no one commented on Reed.

Bottom line is the guy quit and some of you guys killed Manny for bringing back quitters, but excuse this quitter. Keep it consistent is all I’m saying…
I don’t remember the stuff with Cleveland Reed. I’m pretty sure I wasn’t harsh on JT4 and I know I was very supportive of Rousseau.

I don’t consider Jackson a quitter - otherwise - Jaelen Phillips and other transfers our way are quitters. I consider him and all of these guys opportunists taking advantage of the rights they’ve been given in this system and I don’t say that as a negative reflection on them at all. If they can go out there and improve their personal situations then good for them. That’s how life is for the rest of us. Why should they be different just because they play a sport???

You asking if anyone who disagrees with you is scared is challenging their opinions? Sounds more like acting like a 3 year old.

The scoreboard is all that matters. I’d rather have a reserved coach who is self aware of his strengths and weaknesses than a tough guy who loses. Maybe that sets us apart. You seem like an all talk kind of guy.

Hopefully Mario can do more winning on the field this year. He will need to make major changes soon.

And I interpreted your Norvell comment differently. He does not worry me as a recruiter but that won’t matter much until we can prove we can scheme more than 14 ppg in conference.

Your response is full of non sequiturs, but I guess your main point is that you really like Mike Norvell.

Oh, and also that I’m an “all talk” kind of guy and a “keyboard warrior” kind of guy. All because I challenged your opinion.

Work on your self esteem and low T issues, and get back to me.

Advertisement
Your response is full of non sequiturs, but I guess your main point is that you really like Mike Norvell.

Oh, and also that I’m an “all talk” kind of guy and a “keyboard warrior” kind of guy. All because I challenged your opinion.

Work on your self esteem and low T issues, and get back to me.
For the record, Low T affects plenty of people and they don’t necessarily have recessive traits.

I don’t know this from firsthand physiological personal experience myself.

I’ve just been told from someone I know.

Someone I’m tight with.

Not named me.

Just wanted to point it out.

Not that I’m bothered by it.

Just saying.

For the record, Low T affects plenty of people and they don’t necessarily have recessive traits.

I don’t know this from firsthand physiological personal experience myself.

I’ve just been told from someone I know.

Someone I’m tight with.

Not named me.

Just wanted to point it out.

Not that I’m bothered by it.

Just saying.

You have an over-abundance of testosterone, from what I’ve heard.

Advertisement
Lmfao nobody is worried about Norvell on the trail… the only reason Norvell wasn’t bodied on the trail bc his sorry *** couldn’t even land in players top 5 much less their top 3.
He's not good at all with High school recruiting his classes have been in the 20s lol, I don't know who would be worried about him on the trail

He's not good at all with High school recruiting his classes have been in the 20s lol, I don't know who would be worried about him on the trail
He has been a bad HS recruiter. It’s a weird change (and mostly due to Mario id presume) that he doesn’t even battle for many of the same kids as us. There were maybe 5 kids that we were both in on serious. Definitely less than we were used to seeing.

Advertisement
He has been a bad HS recruiter. It’s a weird change (and mostly due to Mario id presume) that he doesn’t even battle for many of the same kids as us. There were maybe 5 kids that we were both in on serious. Definitely less than we were used to seeing.
That school was hardly ever mentioned with any of our kids we were recruiting. That's why it's so strange that's why I don't know how sustainable that team is they don't have many high ceiling top end talent type recruits

I don’t think so. It looks like they tried to get him back and were in it, against the odds, with the Mom, best friend, school close to home. Who knows what happened - maybe he wanted too much or it just didn’t matter?

Mario just pulled 2 OL in the portal who gave up no sacks last season. He’s pulled great players at other spots out of high school as we know. Clearly there’s holes at DT, WR and QB that needs to be improved. He’s gotta make decisions on staff if he wants to change that in my opinion. I think Joe stays as he seems to be a good coach and recruits Polynesian players well it seems. Gattis is a clearer situation to me but he’s still here and that’s Mario’s responsibility.
I like Joe as coach and one who can close the gap with the polyz. It seems like he is coming up short in the recruiting aspect, which is weird because he is a very personable guy. Hard tough coaching and preaches hard work. Im curious to see the staff develop and change in this offseason....

I like Joe as coach and one who can close the gap with the polyz. It seems like he is coming up short in the recruiting aspect, which is weird because he is a very personable guy. Hard tough coaching and preaches hard work. Im curious to see the staff develop and change in this offseason....
I like him. He seems like a good person and a good coach. He brings in Polynesian players which is something we’ve not had here and I think that’s important. I don’t know what happens in recruiting with him at his position otherwise. I don’t know his recruiting rep before. I know he got guys to Washington State with Leach there which is impressive on defense. Were they all Polynesian?

Advertisement
Back