Confirmed Darrell Jackson hits the portal

Anyone else concerned that one of the guys Mario brought in and had extensive playing is leaving after one year?

Advertisement
Almost like he wore down as the season progressed, especially once JHH and Lichtenstein got hurt.
Big guys usually don’t have motors. He was really good in small doses but if he was asked to stay on the field for too long, he got worse. He’s best used as an early down run stuffer but as the season went on and more guys got hurt (most injured team ever) he was asked to play probably too much. I’m not going to sit here and pretend losing him won’t matter. We don’t have another guy like that on the roster

Big guys usually don’t have motors. He was really good in small doses but if he was asked to stay on the field for too long, he got worse. He’s best used as an early down run stuffer but as the season went on and more guys got hurt (most injured team ever) he was asked to play probably too much. I’m not going to sit here and pretend losing him won’t matter. We don’t have another guy like that on the roster
Yeah I agree, I think some people are misunderstanding the nuance of this conversation.

Like yes for this team it’s a loss for sure. Don’t like losing him to FSU either.

But hes also not some dominant player that we “shouldn’t” be able to replace.

Just kinda shows how awful this team is on talent really. Short term it’s a loss but grand scheme of things losing kids like this shouldn’t matter.

We’ve got a lot of work to do with this roster for sure. That’s why I was saying no one on this team would matter to me. Not that there aren’t some good players on it, but there’s a difference if that makes any sense.

Advertisement
I’ve watched every single one of our games at least 3x times + every single one of Coach Hayes’ break down. Jackson wasn’t being ran away from. Did they double down on him at times due to blocking schemes? Yes. Did our LBs play woeful gap assignment football? Yes. I will also tell u there were MANY one on one blocking assignments where DJ got zero push, to being simply exited staged right.

Again, I’m not saying he’s weak or that he’s a bad player; I’m saying he looked like a 3 star player. He had moments, yes, which is y I said I gave him a C+ (grading on a curve B-) performance. The problem is, b/c our DT room is so putrid, it made him look better than he is. He was an avg. DL, but he’ll be remembered here as the next Jordan Davis that got away.

Save ya' breath Bro, most of Jackson's fan club were born after the William Joseph & Vince Wilfork era, they think that every DT over 300# is an All-American.

Advertisement
Save ya' breath Bro, most of Jackson's fan club were born after the William Joseph & Vince Wilfork era, they think that every DT over 300# is an All-American.
no one said that. you guys always exaggerate what anyone is saying. we odnt have much help behind him, he was a starter and currently struggling with DT recruiting. thats why hes a loss. we lost a starting DT at a position we didnt recruit well right now and before and dont have a replacement on the roster.

Advertisement
Yeah. Plus, just look at the number of snaps from last year (even if people want to question the quality of the output).

Jackson is, statistically speaking, the biggest loss thus far, in terms of snaps.
Anybody that says this isn’t a loss is straight up tripping. He’s a 19 year old DT thats being double teamed most plays at a position thats normally a grown man position. RS Soph or JR’s. He showed up at Maryland 18 years old and played a good amount of snaps most games and even started some. People around the program thought he was one of their best guys by the end of the year.

He’s still a baby playing inside but he caused chaos and was game planned around. Was he All Conference or elite ? No, he took plays off and disappeared at times but that’s what young players do , hello LT56. Weird how that works.

Fsu will be getting him his money year and when the light normally fully brightens. I expect a big year from him but regardless this is a big loss. 6’6 300-320 quality space eaters don’t grow on trees or the portal. There’s a reason for that.

Advertisement
That’s been the destination from the moment the rumors started. I never heard anyone else. Not that I hear everything.
Semantics really. Saw “was” and thought maybe it was past tense. Even if the young fella goes to the semenholes, it’s certainly understandable being his Mom is sick.

Advertisement
Back