Confirmed Darrell Jackson hits the portal

Advertisement
Newsflash, over the years, most of our departures had sick mothers and dying grannies, or so we told ourselves. Guess what, they're all fine. Cured by a waiver.

If we didn't suck *** all season would he still be transferring? No, he would not. Welcome to the Portal World.

F--- you, Darrell.

@WaterburyCane - Now this is quality!

Thats the level we need to be at as a group

@Rellyrell
@RVACane

They doubled his Ahss and ran away from him as well. A LOT of down blocks and pullers after teams saw we could not stop the counter and zone blocking plays cause the linebackers suck. Hard to ask your space eater to make plays this way dawg. Our linebackers would get caught in the wash instead of filling and scraping

I’ve watched every single one of our games at least 3x times + every single one of Coach Hayes’ break down. Jackson wasn’t being ran away from. Did they double down on him at times due to blocking schemes? Yes. Did our LBs play woeful gap assignment football? Yes. I will also tell u there were MANY one on one blocking assignments where DJ got zero push, to being simply exited staged right.

Again, I’m not saying he’s weak or that he’s a bad player; I’m saying he looked like a 3 star player. He had moments, yes, which is y I said I gave him a C+ (grading on a curve B-) performance. The problem is, b/c our DT room is so putrid, it made him look better than he is. He was an avg. DL, but he’ll be remembered here as the next Jordan Davis that got away.

Advertisement
I don’t see what the big deal is…. Does He have potential… YES. But some of y’all acting like we just lost an Aaron Donald type player. Good luck to the young man but we will be fine at DL.

Exactly; there’s legit only a handful of players where I would absolutely bytch about not coming back…he’s not one of them. Appreciate his time here, & definitely appreciated his moments but he looked like a 700th+ ranked player. From the Duke game onward, he was literally a non factor. Like u, that’s not sour grapes, that’s facts.
Almost like he wore down as the season progressed, especially once JHH and Lichtenstein got hurt.

Advertisement
This is the first portal loss that actually matters. Jackson wasn’t a superstar but he was a good player at a position we’re thin at, literally. With Jackson gone and Jordan Miller out of eligibility, we don’t have a 1/0 technique NT that’s played a single snap. We need portal help on the interior badly

Yeah. Plus, just look at the number of snaps from last year (even if people want to question the quality of the output).

Jackson is, statistically speaking, the biggest loss thus far, in terms of snaps.

If you need to be near mom, go play for Florida A&M or don't play at all.

This is an FSU power play and it needs to be blocked. He knows our entire playbook and roster and staff. The day he gets drafted, he will say goodbye to mom and go to whatever team drafts him.

If this kid goes to FSU and isn’t number one on most hated list, then you’re not a Cane.

It’ll be interesting to check in on this thread over time, and around next year’s game.

- Does he dominate us like some of their other portal players have recently?
- Do we replace him with better, AND additional depth?

It is a loss. To a rival. That merked us this year.

Advertisement
Home sickness?! How old is this man?! You’re 6’6 320 bruh! You don’t need your mommy! Lol
Nah on the real though, dude is getting drafted next year.. is he going to tell nfl GMs he is homesick too?!
Hey guy, his mom is super ill

I don’t know what’s wrong with some of y’all

His mom is super ill. That’s why he’s transferring back home. How about you show some compassion for the guy.

I’ve watched every single one of our games at least 3x times + every single one of Coach Hayes’ break down. Jackson wasn’t being ran away from. Did they double down on him at times due to blocking schemes? Yes. Did our LBs play woeful gap assignment football? Yes. I will also tell u there were MANY one on one blocking assignments where DJ got zero push, to being simply exited staged right.

Again, I’m not saying he’s weak or that he’s a bad player; I’m saying he looked like a 3 star player. He had moments, yes, which is y I said I gave him a C+ (grading on a curve B-) performance. The problem is, b/c our DT room is so putrid, it made him look better than he is. He was an avg. DL, but he’ll be remembered here as the next Jordan Davis that got away.
Respect for being able to watch our games 3x

I couldn’t even get through 1 most of the time

Advertisement
We need BOTH.. keep Darrell Jackson AND big time commits.

A true freshman can rarely replace a contributing junior with 2 years of experience.

Keep Jackson and let the freshman (whoever it is) develop.
Heard Jackson going to fsu

If you need to be near mom, go play for Florida A&M or don't play at all.

This is an FSU power play and it needs to be blocked. He knows our entire playbook and roster and staff. The day he gets drafted, he will say goodbye to mom and go to whatever team drafts him.
no one is blocking this. stop it. its just bad PR by UM and puts UM more at risk w the **** we do with other kids elsewhere. hes gonna go to FSU. **** play there. **** be closer to mom. thats all that will come from it. let the kid do what he wants. if we have the right coaches, it wont matter what he knows or doenst know.

So FSU in desperate need for DTs just has one of the best Returning DTs in the ACC just fall in their lap?

The new age of CFB, if you ain’t tampering you ain’t trying.

FSU coaches with the exemption of Atkins are ****** recruiters and have no real NIL to prop them up. I mean they got Dugans, Woodson, Randy Shannon, and a decrepit Odell Haggins.

They have to rely heavily on the portal and tampering with kids to join.

Its gotten to point you really can’t name their last good homegrown player, every good player they have is a transfer.

Advertisement
Back